PeterRS

Trump's Bright Future!

No twitter, no facebook, no instagram, no youtube, residents near Mar a Lago fighting to prevent him from living there after next week, no PGA golf major at his Bedminster golf course, no British Open golf even considered for this Ayrshire course, Deutsche Bank finally pulling the plug as the Trump organisations's last  banker in the USA (although Russian and Chinese banks are probably lining up), Forbes magazine warning all former Trumpers it will automatically assume what they say in their new employment is a lie, Giuliani facing disbarment, a host of major corporations halting donations to Republican campaigns  . . .

The future for Trump must seem a great deal less rosy than it did 5 years ago. One thing he might look forward to, though. The sun shining through the bars of his cell as he spends the rest of his life in jail!

As much as i want all this to be true for the better future of americans, i do believe he will not go down easily. His millions follower will have to be dealt with too. His last few days leading up to inauguration day will be interesting to watch and see what will happened. 

8 hours ago, z909 said:

Never mind prison, I was hoping for a more ireversable way of ensuring Trump never returns to power.

This is why Pelosi pushed so hard for impeachment. A simple majority of Dems (which they have) can bar Trump from running for office again in 2024. Highly unlikely they can recruit 17 Republicans for the two thirds needed to actually convict. 

The toxic Republicans who have been complicit during the last 4 years do not want him to be able to run again but don't want to be the ones to tell him that. Like Bill Maher said, Whinny Little Bitches. Seriously, he should be jailed. But, I bet you that he gives himself a pardon before he leaves.

9 hours ago, hank75 said:

This is why Pelosi pushed so hard for impeachment. A simple majority of Dems (which they have) can bar Trump from running for office again in 2024

It was my understanding that to prevent him from running for office again, it would still have to go to the Senate.

A simple majority is sufficient for that, while it needs 2/3 majority to remove him from office.

Dems will have majority soon, so they will have the power to prevent him from running again

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/impeachment-process-works/story?id=51202880

10 hours ago, vinapu said:

But why? If nation feels suicidal let them  vote him again

It's a bit like voting for Hitler.   Eventually it might prove difficult to reverse the decision.  Then neighbouring countries feel the heat.

16 hours ago, williewillie said:

Obviously you’re not a USA citizen.  Be thankful for that

You are right on both counts but I still have faith in what can be called collective wisdom of American citizenry being able to prevent slide of their your republic into serious disrepair to put it mildly.

I lack that faith vinapu.  USA founded as a slave nation and racist to the core.  Sure different times and at least

white Christian property owning men enshrined liberty etc. to other white Christian property owning men.  Compared to other nations 

there are some positives like defeating fascist regimes but a multitude of negatives.  

There have been great changes but there is still great inequality.