biguyby

Are Pattaya Bars Re-Opening?

Here are some photos I took this week.

Boyztown on Monday.  All closed except the massage place.   The red mark is to hide a board member emerging from the street.

X-Boys were claiming to be open, but since their boys were clearly eating outside, we did not venture in.   

We went to Sunee Plaza, which had both Gogo bars and 3 host bars open. No photos.  Winner Boys had a small selection of nice lads, perhaps about 6 of them, wearing tasteful Gogo bar attire.  

Nice Boys had around 10, wearing jeans and facemasks.  As it was the reopening night, we overlooked this.  

I returned to Winner today.   I note there's one lad, number 19, who seems to dance about on stage, but very carefully avoiding eye contact with the customers.  So he remains on the stage, providing the entertainment. Meanwhile, most of the others have their eyes on the customers all the time, so a simple hand gesture is all that's needed to get one to sit with you.

The other 2 photos are in Jomtien on Wednesday.   Trying to zoom with a phone at night doesn't produce the best results.

20210201_195409_copy_3492x3206x~2.jpg

20210203_214105_copy_1280x728xx.jpg

20210203_230107_copy_517x1245c.jpg

Thanks for the update and photos z909. It looks like it's still very quiet but just maybe things are starting to get a little better. Small steps are better than no steps.

I really feel for all the Thai lads and girls who depend on the tourists to earn their living with few or no benefits from the government it must be really hard for them.

Yes I assume the majority of Pattaya’s sex workers are still back at their homes in Isaan where the living is much cheaper and maybe a few low wage employment opportunities exist. Meanwhile the bulk of their customers are in some form of lockdown in farang land reminiscing about happy times.

38 minutes ago, Travellerdave said:

Yes I assume the majority of Pattaya’s sex workers are still back at their homes in Isaan

Or Cambodia and Laos.   Fortunately, there are still enough to go around.

8 hours ago, z909 said:

Or Cambodia and Laos.   Fortunately, there are still enough to go around.

Yes on reflection I should have included the boys from Cambodia and Laos. In recent years they have been a very welcome addition to the Thailand gay scene. I hope to see them again when the wonderful day arrives for normal travel. 

I can assure you there are still lads from Cambodia and Laos here :).   Not all them, but enough to keep me entertained.  

The "hot" news from tonight is a limited reopening in Boyztown.   Very limited.  Cupidol was open.   I walked in and saw 2 FULLY CLOTHED boys on stage.  No customers, unsurprisingly.  I left, pulling on my T-shirt to indicate what the problem was.   Had they been in gogo bar attire, I'd have purchased a drink to show some support.    The unwritten "contract" is we pay a premium for drinks, in return for some on stage entertainment!   

I returned via Walking street.  Just a few of their bars were open, but a slow walk past one confirmed full nudity.   And customers.   Quite a contrast to Cupidol.

There is still no real indication as to when the bars will reopen in Pattaya. I am hoping for early in November, but it is anyone's guess. I shan't be fully vaccinated until 30th October, and then need two weeks until my immune system builds it's defence so I shan't be going to a bar until mid November at the earliest anyway. Just walking around the shopping centres is depressing as every time I go something else has closed down. In Central Festival the latest closure has been Duc De Preslin, just empty floor space now. In Terminal 21 the Tom Toms cafe on the ground floor has shut down too. So sad. The worst is Royal Garden where almost 80% of the shop units are shut down. Wine Connection is the only draw for me there now.