Guest stef

Kuala Lumpur Gay Hotels

Hi everyone...

have any of you been to Kuala Umpur ? Will be going there for Christmas, and I just can't find some decent Gay Hotels, other than Backpackers things....

I would be grateful for your help.

Thanks

Stef

Stef, I visited Kuala Lumpur with my Chiangmai bf last November. Since we were only going to be there three nights, I elected to stay upscale and we stayed at the Crowne Princess. Very nice hotel and, while certainly not "gay", we experienced no hassle or funny looks. Everyone was friendly.

Kuala Lumpur is an amazing city, as nice and modern as Singapore in my view. You'll enjoy your visit (although I have no clue if you'll find any gay entertainment there). If I can figure out how to post a photo of the Petronas Towers I took at night, you'll see it next:

213465513-M.jpg

I only know there pondoklodge http://www.pondoklodge.com/index.htm - but i dont stayed there.

Will be in KL from 14.11. and will stay with bf in westin-hotel - i have starwood-goldcard and get always free upgrade.

Anoter guesthouse is to find here http://geocities.com/pujangga_homestay/

Good sauna is otot2 http://www.otot2.com/basic.html and day thermos (with more moneyboys)

http://www.daythermos.com/home.html

I only know there pondoklodge http://www.pondoklodge.com/index.htm - but i dont stayed there.

Will be in KL from 14.11. and will stay with bf in westin-hotel - i have starwood-goldcard and get always free upgrade.

Anoter guesthouse is to find here http://geocities.com/pujangga_homestay/

Good sauna is otot2 http://www.otot2.com/basic.html and day thermos (with more moneyboys)

http://www.daythermos.com/home.html

Thanks Bob & Atri1666 for the informations. I really appreciate it. :)

Will for get post something when I am back from the vacation..

Take care

Bye for now

Stef

Guest MonkeySee

I visited KL in February of 2007 and stayed at one of these gay homestays I found on the internet(Utopia Site, I think). It was owned by a gay guy but most of the clientele were not gay. I found it to be a good location and a short walk to Blue Boys bar, although it was more of a youth hostel rather than a hotel.

Hi,

I have been to KL a few times as a stop over from the UK to Australia and vice versa.

You will have no problem with most of the main tourist hotels around the Bukit Bintang area in bringing any guest back. It should also be ok to eat breakfast with your friend in the restuarant areas, should you wish, apart fom maybe in the very top end hotels.

I normally stay at the Dorsett Regency, which is mid to top end, and have had no problems, in fact I have seen many for farangs with their younger chinese boyfriends at breakfast and any raised eyebrows would only come from the odd straight older couple if at all. I just walk with my friend straight past all the staff at the entrance and into the lift up to my room. Other than bowing and opening the doors for us the staff have said and done nothing. The guys are young but all over 18 I hasten to add.

On the Bukit Bintang Walk there are a number of coffee shops where again you will see older guys with their younger boyfriends. I have been to a number of saunas that can all be found on the utopia website, the Day Thermos being the most convenient to visit as it is in the central tourist area. Across from the sauna is the Blue Boy Club which is full of expats, moneyboys and ok gays looking for fun. It is a bit run down and seedy but you can try your luck there.

I have found myself the easiest way to meet a Kuala Lumpur guy is through the gayromeo site and have had a lot of replies to my advert, albeit I am in my mid fifties. Most are from younger guys, 20-30, all wanting fun aswell as friendship and my profile specifically says that I am not wanting a relationship but that does not put the guys off and very few of the replies are from moneyboys.

In fact I have a few lined up to meet when I am there again in about a few weeks time when I will be visiting for 5 days.

Have fun

funtop

Guest beachlover

None of the hotels I've stayed at in KL were gay unfriendly in any overt way. Never had an issue bringing acquaintances back.

Last time I stayed at the Traders Hotel in City Centre... I had that view of the two Petronas Towers staring at me the whole time. It's like having a room facing two very brightly lit giant christmas trees. Spectacular. Probably one of the most amazing close up city views in the world. But it's a good 10-min walk to get into the main Bukit Bintang area where you really want to be so the Millennium and Marriott hotels are actually best located, in my opinion. Right in the middle of everything.

There are actually quite a few gay clubs in KL, which really get going on Fri/Sat nights. Look up blogs/forums online to find out specifics. Some clubs will have specific crowds on specific nights... e.g. Chinese-Malay boys on Friday nights, Ethnic-Malays on Saturday nights... English speaking/Chinese speaking.

From what I gather you get (1) Ethnic Malays (2) Chinese speaking Chinese-Malays [look down on the ethnic-Malays], (3) English speaking Chinese Malays [they look down on everyone else], (4) Indians and the rest. Crazy huh?

But be aware if you are Asian and lighter skinned, the ethnic Malays can mistake you for being a Chinese Malay (not knowing you're a complete foreigner with no prejudices) and be quite hostile... crazy racial tensions. It took me a while to realise why the Chinese Malays were so friendly to chat up while the ethnic Malays were totally cold and hostile! (Yep, really dented my self esteem a couple of nights).

Plenty of male spas, gay saunas and other gay venues in KL too. It's a really nice destination for gay guys to chill out.

Guest xiandarkthorne

From what I gather you get (1) Ethnic Malays (2) Chinese speaking Chinese-Malays [look down on the ethnic-Malays], (3) English speaking Chinese Malays [they look down on everyone else], (4) Indians and the rest. Crazy huh?

But be aware if you are Asian and lighter skinned, the ethnic Malays can mistake you for being a Chinese Malay (not knowing you're a complete foreigner with no prejudices) and be quite hostile... crazy racial tensions. It took me a while to realise why the Chinese Malays were so friendly to chat up while the ethnic Malays were totally cold and hostile! (Yep, really dented my self esteem a couple of nights).

Plenty of male spas, gay saunas and other gay venues in KL too. It's a really nice destination for gay guys to chill out.

Sorry to dispute your expert opinion, but in Malaysia we have Malays, Chinese, Indians, Thais, Ibans, Dayaks, Burmese, Germans, French, English and a whole bunch of other races, but a Malay is a Malay and a Chinese is a Chinese, unless you are speaking of the children of mixed marriages, who would either be Malays if they had a Malay father or Muslim Chinese (but still ethnically Chinese) if they had a Malay mother (however, we are ALL Malaysians). And quite seriously, I don't think there are as many of either of these in any gay bar or club at any one time as you make out.

Guest beachlover

Not to worry... It's not my country. I only point out what I observe from visits and being Asian with some Malaysian heritage (amongst a heap of other nationalities) myself.

I know there's other races. I was just pointing out the main ones I observed.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I have heard the terms, "Ethnic-Malay" and "Chinese-Malaysian" (didn't mean to say Chinese-Malay) used a lot... just as people say, "Thai-Chi" (Thai-Chinese) or "Chinese Singaporean".

Not sure what you meant by, "don't think there are as many of either of these in any gay club"... But I found the separation between the races kind of interesting:

- I went to one gay club where it was pretty much just Malay boys and white foreigners (called Blue Boy)... didn't really like it.

- I went to another gay club where it was pretty much all Malay boys on a certain night (apparently attracts Chinese on another night).

- I went to a gay club where it was all Chinese boys but they spoke Chinese

- I also went to a gay club where it was mostly Chinese boys but they mainly spoke English (it was called MarketPlace).

I can't remember the exact names other than MarketPlace and Blue Boy but I think one of the other clubs was called Oblique or something, and another was called "Le-****". There might have been one other venue too.

One thing I remember was the night I visited the club where it was packed with Malay boys it was like I was invisible... I really liked some of them. Malay boys are really cute and handsome. But I think they assume I'll treat them crap and look down on them or something because that's what the local Chinese seem to do... so yeah, was a bit lonely and disheartened that night :-(

I know you get similar separation/conflict between Thai-Chis and Ethnic-Thais in Thailand but it's no where near as hostile as in Malaysia. I mean, in Thailand they mix and get along well enough to be in reasonable harmony. In Thailand, I often get mistaken for a local Chi-Thai, yet the Thai boys are totally friendly, not hostile at all. I know because I usually get a mouthful of Thai before they smile and go, "oh sorry, I thought you Chi-Thai. so where you from?!".

---

So any advice on how I might chat up Malay boys next time I visit? Is the hostility purely because the local Chinese look down on them or do they just not like lighter-skinned Asians altogether? Hard to diagnose the problem without knowing that.

I'm kind of scared to approach any now because they were so hostile last time!

Stayed in Sheraton, Westin and Grand Millenium and never had any problems with visitors. Millenium was the best for me because a few steps from back entrance was the Day Thermos sauna and Blue Boy bar.

post-134-011431500 1286466199_thumb.jpg

post-134-068280000 1286466290_thumb.jpg

post-134-012217500 1286466366_thumb.jpg

Guest xiandarkthorne

The correct terms for various Malaysian ethnicities aside, I am sorry to tell you that just as in many other countries, there are people in Malaysia who cannot imagine that people of a different colour can be sexually attractive.

I'm slutty so I find men of any colour attractive as long as they have good bodies and reliably working parts. However, if you'd like to make friends with Malay guys, it helps a lot if you can speak Malay as many of them are a little self-conscious about not being able to speak English well. If you don't speak Malay at all, make it obvious that you are a foreigner straight away - Malays guys are usually very friendly.

Another tip - (if you look Chinese or are Chinese) speak English badly when you talk to them. That helps to put them at ease. And make it obvious that you find them attractive. That should remove any doubts they might have that you might be one of those Chinese who look down on Malays.

If you're into Chinese guys, then I must tender my sincere apologies for my inability to help you. I have not chatted one up for the last thirty-five years.

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza. Great hotel and had a great time. No problem at all with joiners. It's just a short walk up the hill to Blue Boy. If that's too much, the monorail has a stop right at the hotel and gets you there in one stop. It's good because you also get the monorail from the airport train.

Guest beachlover

I am sorry to tell you that just as in many other countries, there are people in Malaysia who cannot imagine that people of a different colour can be sexually attractive.

Well, I find various races attractive, some more than others. The only thing is, biologically, I don't find the Indian race attractive at all. But thats purely a biological thing... not prejudice or anything.

if you'd like to make friends with Malay guys, it helps a lot if you can speak Malay as many of them are a little self-conscious about not being able to speak English well. If you don't speak Malay at all, make it obvious that you are a foreigner straight away - Malays guys are usually very friendly. Another tip - (if you look Chinese or are Chinese) speak English badly when you talk to them. That helps to put them at ease. And make it obvious that you find them attractive. That should remove any doubts they might have that you might be one of those Chinese who look down on Malays.

Thanks... these little insights always help! Much better than going in blind. :-)

If you're into Chinese guys, then I must tender my sincere apologies for my inability to help you. I have not chatted one up for the last thirty-five years.

No problem, never had a problem picking up Chinese boys in Malaysia. Boy they are very cute too. I think Thai-Chinese and Malaysian-Chinese boys are the cutest for some reason. Actually, Hong Kong boys are really cute too. So are Taiwanese. Hell, they're all cute LOL.

Guest xiandarkthorne

Well, I find various races attractive, some more than others. The only thing is, biologically, I don't find the Indian race attractive at all. But thats purely a biological thing... not prejudice or anything.

Biologically?

No problem, never had a problem picking up Chinese boys in Malaysia. Boy they are very cute too. I think Thai-Chinese and Malaysian-Chinese boys are the cutest for some reason. Actually, Hong Kong boys are really cute too. So are Taiwanese. Hell, they're all cute LOL.

I suppose they are...just not my type, is all. I guess it's biological for me, too.

I only know i will return asap to KUL after my already booked trips because i liked all my 3 stays there. Easy contacts and lots of fun with many boys for free. Never will forget one late saturday afternoon in Day Thermos.

Guest beachlover

Biologically?

Well, you know... if you're not sexually attracted to something you're not. Like not being attracted to girls, or straight guys not being sexually attracted to other guys (or you not being attracted to Chinese guys).