episevilla

Again in Thermas, Barcelona

• Members

Thanks Lookin for your kind offer! I would take any assistance for such a noble cause!!

I would love to have his number as he really stood head and shoulders above the many guys I have seen at Thermas Sauna.

One more story to relate that helped me get what I wanted at Thermas. I would divide the guys there into two groups: some who roam around solo in the hallways and are more aggressive at initiating contact with clients and some others who gather in groups with other working boys (usually on the floor with the pool and bar) talking amongst themselves. I find it much more difficult obviously to break the ice with the latter group.

So, once I was there and spent some time with a guy who was a bit more aggressive in approaching me and who spoke great English. He was hot but I was still left wanting something more. I asked him if he could identify the two or three guys with the biggest cocks working that night. He said he would do it for 20 euros (always a price). In the end, he spoke to one of the guys who was busy talking to other rentboys and someone I had not seen him talk to any other clients. It turned out the second guy spoke hardly any English and was new (he said) to the situation. The guy who spoke English explained everything I wanted to the new guy in Portuguese. The new guy was Brazilian and had one of the hugest cocks I have ever seen and fulfilled all my needs for the night. Afterwards, I saw that he also had to pay a kickback from what I paid him to the guy who had arranged it all!!

I just thought it was funny how my poor language skills caused me to need an interpreter, the fact that some guys are more extroverted provides them a role to approach and do some match-making with less forward guys, and everyone gets their cut!! Free-market economics at its purest form.

I realize I may sound like I have a one-track mind with larger cocks. But, that is my primary reason for taking part in the world of rentboys. One can find sex anywhere but I am willing to pay to sample really extraordinary pieces of meat!!

• Members

I just thought it was funny how my poor language skills caused me to need an interpreter, the fact that some guys are more extroverted provides them a role to approach and do some match-making with less forward guys, and everyone gets their cut!! Free-market economics at its purest form.

I always have a splendid time at Sauna Thermas. The remodel of a couple of years ago made a great improvement to the place. Too bad that the lighting on the "cruising" level isn't just a little bit brighter. Otherwise, the place is fine.

As to getting a fair cut, that is just the way things work. You seem to have had a good result from the good natured match making.

• Members

I agree mvan1, a fun and special place. You are right also that the experience I described would never have happened without the role of each person! Fortunately, I have found most transactions much more straightforward! In an ideal world, I am sure I would appreciate a guide telling me a little about each guy and making the best match. I would pay a little something extra for that service.

• Members

I agree mvan1, a fun and special place. You are right also that the experience I described would never have happened without the role of each person! Fortunately, I have found most transactions much more straightforward! In an ideal world, I am sure I would appreciate a guide telling me a little about each guy and making the best match. I would pay a little something extra for that service.

You got lucky in your case with the advice given to you by another sauna person.

Unfortunately, many times we pay for advice or for a guide but the advice or the guide is not very good or does not meet our expectations.

Despite a few bad experiences (some for you - some for me and some for probably all), Thermas Barcelona leaves a favorable impression.

• Members

Thanks for the posts on the Thermas sauna.

I had very positive experiences last year on three visits over a month.

Often it was just enjoyable talking to the boys at the bar.

On a visit during a weekday afternoon it had a welcoming laid back ambience.

Even the bar attendant smiled and joked.

I hope to return later this northern summer....hope the Euro stays devalued for a bit longer,por favor.

• Members

i'll be in Barcelona in June for a conference. Is Thermos Sauna in a safe neighborhood? Is there a better time for meeting guys? And, i'm not sure if it has already been mentioned here already but what are the rates that I should expect to pay? Many thanks in advance!

• Members

I can give you impressions based on my 5-6 visits.

Very safe neighborhood in my opinion. Eixample neighborhood; perhaps 5 or so blocks west of main gay area.

I have usually gone between 5-8 the evening. It seems many guys start to leave at around 8 (get back home for dinner?; I know it is a great pre-dinner activity for me!!). I have always seen at least 25 guys working during that time period.

I have been given rates from 50-100 euros but never paid more than 80.

Guest rimbaud500

Inspired by the many glowing reviews in this site I made it a point this trip to visit the sauna and report on my findings... This is my first review and I made sure to visit in the course of 14 days approximately six times (usually from 5 till 9), to make sure I had a fairly good sample of experiences. (For the sake of my report of course!) my overall impression seems to concur with the majority of opinions here. Is really hit or miss and during repeated visits I didn't see any if the wonderful specimens others have commented on. The dark stairwells, the plastic sandals and the crowding of the cabins can be initially disturbing. The staff was very helpful and professional. The boys were 50% brazilians, a large Romanian contingent and a few spaniards and Africans. None of the boys would have scored higher than an 8 out of 10. With the economic pressures on Europe and specially Spain, the mood amongst the boys seemed pretty bleak as the number of clients was very low and their financial future very uncertain. Most of them do not have any other skills or legal status to seek employment, and the job market seems very limited anyhow. Although none of the guys was remarkable looking, all of them were very clean, personable and generous with their bodies and time. Some were a bit more assertive than others offering their services but all very respectful when they see a lack of interest. I tried to mAke clear from the first few words if I thought there was any chance of hiring them. Many just hang around, and I bought drinks and food at the bar for a few of them. It was precisely a couple of those guys that were able to introduce me to the guys they thought I was looking for, and their recommendations were very astute. I think during the period of April I was visiting, the number of boys seemed reduced both in quality and quantity. For the sake of this post I sampled a varied sample of the offerings and although just a couple were extraordinary, all of them made a great effort to ensure I had a good time. For effort they all scored 10. One major problem to the full enjoyment of the experience there is that the cabins lack ventilation. After twenty minutes the heat in the rooms was unbearable and I tried all of the rooms in both floors. In summary, a place to be experienced at least once.... I kept on visiting hoping a few new bits would show up, but the same group was there day in and out. Rates are very reasonable at least compared to New York standards and you get a good look and feel before you commit to doing something. In general the guys did much more than they promised during the negotiations. I was asked 50 euros and I offered 40 with a ten optional as a tip. They all got their tip and more !! I hope to return soon and will post again, hopefully with a more enthusiastic report.

• Members

I was asked 50 euros and I offered 40 with a ten optional as a tip. They all got their tip and more !! I hope to return soon and will post again, hopefully with a more enthusiastic report.

that is an excellent idea. I will try it. I am heading to Barcelona tomorrow for a week and looking forward to thermas

• Members

Went there over the weekend. It was busy as usual but you see some guys from years back hehe. This time I felt the guys were a bit more aggressive but I don't know why. Could be the economy but did it change that much since last november, when I visited? Anyway, I like being seduced so it was good for me. Also, I went there to use 40+tip trick but almost all offered 40 for me, telling me it was a discount only for me. Met with a brazilian guy called Matild or something. He was visiting from Italy. He asked me to just to preview, so he kissed me etc and kinda got hard so I asked for the price, which was 40. Then he got soft and couldn't get hard, so I said I cannot do it but he said I had to 40 just because he kissed me and spent time with me. In my book, he kissed me and spent some time for preview but I pay for the action not for soft d!ck, I stood firmly I couldn't pay if he cannot get hard. I don't think he liked it, and that is when you see the real side of these guys. Started complaining about me, like I don't like doggy, that is why he cannot get hard (i like the normal position with kissing and doggy is just not my thing but he can get hard on doggy but not on normal???). oh hey I am here to hire, if I was perfect, I would not pay lol Anyway, he was at least smart enough to work it out. He asked me to suck his nipples so he can get hard but didn't work out much, so he topped me with half-hard d!ck, I just wanted to get over with it for a decent experience so I tolerated it but the attitude was bad...I wouldn't recommend. If you have any recommendations on how to deal with guys in this situation, do let me know.

then another brazilian guy was following me all night. I think he was really into me but he wasn't my type to hire. A bit skinny for my taste but he eventually dragged me to a room for preview. Again he was constantly telling me it is only 40 for me and he will do everything, he even said he wanted to lick my ass, which is very rare for pros. Anyway, I got into the room with him, he got naked, but he didn't start kissing me but asked me to suck his nipples. I like guys who start their session with kissing. So I started doubting he liked me, maybe it was my wallet hehe Plus I really didn't like him in nude, looked even skinnier. So I kindly said I couldnt do it and hugged him. So I got out of the room, then there was a really hot guy in the other end of the corridor. I saw him earlier and had some eye contacts but he didn't make any moves. This time, the same, kinda looked like a guy with attitude because he was so hot. I was a bit intimidated but I walked back again and said hi to him. Actually he was very kind but he didn't speak any english, maybe that was the reason he is on the shy side. We quickly agreed on what we like and went to a room. Yes, this guy started kissing me, which was so good!!! Couldn't be better because physically, he was so my type and he didn't have any attitude. So we finished, and usually guys just rush and tell you to meet upstairs but this guy wanted to talk to me even with just body language hehe. Asked if I played a sport, or I was professionally trained (yes this time, I am in much better shape than the last time so I got a lot of good comments on my body but this guy seemed to like my body more than other and kept touching me afterward)

Anyway, I was fun and I will probably go there again soon. Hit or miss in terms of guys but always end up with something nice for a really decent price.

• Members

SNIP

I paid the fee and they gave me 2 towels and a pair of slippers along with a locker key. About 15 working boys (who were wearing white towels, while the customers wore red).

SNIP

When did customers start being furnished with red towels?

I have been to Sauna Thermas many times and there never was a distinction made between working guys versus clients. I was always furnished with white towels as were the working guys.

The working guys paid the same entrance fee as clients and the working guys had their lockers in the same area where the clients had their lockers.

I have not been to Barcelona since last December but I plan to return there in August.

I am wondering if the change in the towel color has something to do with working guys breaking into the lockers of clients. The lockers are fairly isolated and can easily be broken into by working guys or by anyone in the sauna.

In Brazil, the working guys are not allowed in the clients’ locker area.

It is no big thing about the color towels but considering that the working guys pay the sauna the same entrance as clients and are not separated in the locker area, I cannot see the purpose of the change unless the color is used as a code to keep the working guys away from the clients’ lockers.

Thanks for the heads up on the red towels.

• Members

Perhaps things changed I'm not sure as I was only there for more than an hour. However, there was a large black security guard standing outside the locker room area/fromt entrance vestibule and each time the guys came to collect their fee they waited in bathroom near the lockers or waiting area near the security. As it was my first time perhaps more experienced members can comment on this.

• Members

I am wondering if the change in the towel color has something to do with working guys breaking into the lockers of clients. The lockers are fairly isolated and can easily be broken into by working guys or by anyone in the sauna.

this is not fully true,

in 117 the toilet and sink are in the main client locker room, and the boys feel free to walk around in "our" locker area.

in MM the boys stay out, but they sit in the TV room and watch which locker we are in, and what we are putting in the locker

in 212 no report, i did not go this trip

in PA Mezzaninu the boys are NOT allowed in the clients locker area.

last night i had a grotto at 117 stalk me as i changed, he was against the wall just in from the door way, and watched my every move. I feel strongly they should not be allowed to stand and watch us. they really should not be allowed in to use our locker room sinks and toilets but i get why they do, i just do not like it when they stand and watch us, to see which locker is ours, and what we are putting into our lockers. I hear they hate it when we watch them at their lockers... mind you my "watcher" has been around for the past 2 weeks so he knows i am not new, i have never spoken to him as he is not my type. i was just unnerved that he stood there and watched my every move. i really wanted to say something to the management, but i did not want to rock the boat.

• Members

this is not fully true,

in 117 the toilet and sink are in the main client locker room, and the boys feel free to walk around in "our" locker area.

in MM the boys stay out, but they sit in the TV room and watch which locker we are in, and what we are putting in the locker

in 212 no report, i did not go this trip

in PA Mezzaninu the boys are NOT allowed in the clients locker area.

You are correct, I wrote "In Brazil, the working guys are not allowed in the clients’ locker area."

I should have written, In Brazil, the working guys are not supposed to be in the clients' locker area."

Some garotos in Brazil ignore rules. If you complain to management about a working guy being in the

client locker area, I am confident that the working guy would be told to stay out.

In the case of Clube 117, the design of the locker room invites the working guys simply because the areas are connected. However, if you check with Monique, I am sure she will tell you that that garotos are told not to hang around the clients' lockers.

• Members

Just finished a 3rd day of intense work in Barcelona and managed to get away from colleagues to try out Thermas! It was awesome!!! Grabbed a 5 euro cab ride from my hotel near plaza Catalunya to Thermas. I paid the fee and they gave me 2 towels and a

pair of slippers along with a locker key. About 15 working boys (who were wearing white towels, while the customers wore red). Hooked up with a hot Brazilian named Matteo- clean pretty boy looks with tattos (not my thing, but he was friendly)- he kissed, sucked, gave me a nice massage and then let me top him. I came almost instantly inside him (with condom)- either I was horny or he was really good. he then proceeded to offer me more massage and then took me to the shower room to wash up together. Afterwards, I met up with Marek a hot blonde belami like boy who was very muscly and was a great bottom. I came twice in less than an hour and headed back to the hotel to meet up with friends for a late dinner. I am so surprised (and pleased) how much fun it was for a very reasonable fee (50 euros per session). There were two other guys I met up with (Miguel and Christopher) who were very hot and sweet. It seems all the guys were really eager to work and were quite generous with their time.

Marek ? Is he from Poland ? I thought he only do blow job ?

Top Christopher as well, but meeeeh a bit lose ^_^