JKane

Why isn't this a bigger thing?

This may be one of the most offensive things Ann Romney has ever said, she likened her husband and sons serving their Mormon missions to serving the country in the military. On The View, when asked if Mitt avoided Vietnam because his religion opposed it, she correctly stated that many Mormons serve their country, but "He was serving his mission." It is not the same, the sacrifice is not the same, and saying it is the same is one of the most self-serving and unpatriotic things I've ever heard. Your husband lived in a villa in Paris, not a foxhole with people shooting at him.

• Members

I don't get the whole campaign. I only wish that in BO's summation at the end of debate #2, he had said how open he had tried to be as president and also as a man and then asked the American public to ponder the reasons why Mittens will not releas his tax returns for the other years. Especially the 2009 TAX AMNESTY YEAR.

• Members

This may be one of the most offensive things Ann Romney has ever said, she likened her husband and sons serving their Mormon missions to serving the country in the military. On The View, when asked if Mitt avoided Vietnam because his religion opposed it, she correctly stated that many Mormons serve their country, but "He was serving his mission." It is not the same, the sacrifice is not the same, and saying it is the same is one of the most self-serving and unpatriotic things I've ever heard. Your husband lived in a villa in Paris, not a foxhole with people shooting at him.

That shows you how out of touch these people really are, how religio-centric they are and the weight they place on real patriotism.

• Members

I don't get the whole campaign. I only wish that in BO's summation at the end of debate #2, he had said how open he had tried to be as president and also as a man and then asked the American public to ponder the reasons why Mittens will not releas his tax returns for the other years. Especially the 2009 TAX AMNESTY YEAR.

There is no more traction there, sadly to say. Everyone has heard about his taxes and foreign accounts and secrecy. It has already cut where it had traction.

The only effect would be to motivate those who already decided against him for whatever reason.