Guest FourAces

A Few Classic Coming of Age Films

Guest FourAces

As I mentioned I love coming of age movies. Both gay and straight there is something about the edge of innocence that completely captivates me. Anyway, here are a just a few classics in my opinion.

Stand By Me

This might be one of the all time greatest coming of age films. It seamlessly follows four friends on a journey of a lifetime. Though as we find out the journey is not so much about the destination as it is more about how these boys begin to explore themselves and each other.

Billy Elliot

How one boy faces his fears with a determination not seen in many men let alone such a delicate flower.

Almost Famous

A wide eye, sheltered teenager chasing his dreams from boyhood right into manhood. Along the way we watch like a fly on the wall as the walls his Mother built around him crumble.

Sleepers

Four friends living a not so glam life on the tough streets of NYC. They get arrested and sentenced to a life of hell .... then we flash forward to them as young adults. Two went down the wrong path and two went down the right path. But it really doesn't matter because when it comes to seek revenge of those who painfully stole their childhood they are completely united.