Guest luvthai

Any info on the philippines?

Guest luvthai

Would like to know of any info on the gay scene in the philippines. I am looking for an alternative to thailand or maybe just a side trip now and then.

Would like to know of any info on the gay scene in the philippines. I am looking for an alternative to thailand or maybe just a side trip now and then.

Sorry I don't know anything about the Philippines but hopefully someone here can help you with that.

IN the mean time, you can check http://www.utopia-asia.com/tipsphil.htm

Hope this help.

Guest splash4

Regret that this post did not generate info.

Many of the very beautiful young men that post pictures on this web site are from the Philippines.

Where can we go for information on travel, safety, and all the usual stuff ???

Guest Kregger

Most of the organized gay life is in Manila. Manila is a horrific city but worth a visit one time anyway. Cebu City and Cebu is much more pleasant, but very little in the way of organized gay culture. Outside Manila, it is mostly a "find it yourself" culture. Not that it can't be found. But remember the Philippines is mostly Christian and they have strong taboos about gayness in the the culture there. Also, it helps to be American. They love Americans to an excess.

Guest ear wig

If you want to meet Philippine Boys go to www.eyeballchat.com or www.gayromeo.com

join give your self a handle like sexy18 or something, its free to join.

You will find so many boyz from the Philippines on there, its all live Cams from all over the world, so many young guys in there bedrooms naked .

Be careful its very addictive, you can arrange to meet one, then they will tell you where all the action is all over the Philippine

www.gayromeo.com also have a lot of Phiili Goz advertizing on there.

or even www.gaydar.co.uk

Most of the organized gay life is in Manila. Manila is a horrific city but worth a visit one time anyway. Cebu City and Cebu is much more pleasant, but very little in the way of organized gay culture. Outside Manila, it is mostly a "find it yourself" culture. Not that it can't be found. But remember the Philippines is mostly Christian and they have strong taboos about gayness in the the culture there. Also, it helps to be American. They love Americans to an excess.

I have looked and looked around for gay informations on the Philippines but there is really not much out there ...

Any gay hotels whatsoever out there ? I am going to spend a week there in October...

Anyone who recently went there could share informations ?

Thanks in advance.

Stef

I have looked and looked around for gay informations on the Philippines but there is really not much out there ...

Any gay hotels whatsoever out there ? I am going to spend a week there in October...

Anyone who recently went there could share informations ?

Thanks in advance.

Stef

Well I have spent days trying to get good informations on the Philippines but there is nothing out there really good... Someone has to start a site with updated info.. That is needed.

Gosh.. I almost canceled my trip there ... well I am still thinking about not going there period.

Has anyone stayted at the Tropicana Hotel in manila before ? That's where I am staying... I cross my fingers.......

Good luck to those trying to set up a trip there...

Guest luvthai

I've read they the Tropicana is close to the so called green belt and the mall. The malls are suppose to be super cruisy and the guys are so open about being bi or available. I don't think I have seen guys be so openly horny all the time. You should have a great trip. You might want to go to www.guys4men.com and go into the chat room and you'll be amazed how easy the guys are. Remember tho the philippines are well known for scams so do be cautious. Let us know how things go. Baguio would be like Chiang Mai, Manila like Bangkok and Cebu like Pattaya.

I've read they the Tropicana is close to the so called green belt and the mall. The malls are suppose to be super cruisy and the guys are so open about being bi or available. I don't think I have seen guys be so openly horny all the time. You should have a great trip. You might want to go to www.guys4men.com and go into the chat room and you'll be amazed how easy the guys are. Remember tho the philippines are well known for scams so do be cautious. Let us know how things go. Baguio would be like Chiang Mai, Manila like Bangkok and Cebu like Pattaya.

Cebu like Pattaya? Is it that commercial? Open?

Guest luvthai

I guess I meant that Cebu is also a beach town. Thats about all it has in common with pattaya. There are no specific gay venues but from what I have read and learned the boys are readily available. There is a large expat community and that area is known as a clean area. Some parts of Cebu are very littered and not well kept up. I will try to learn more. My thought is too use the philippines as a home base and make the short hops to thailand regularly. The visa and rentals restrictions are much friendlier than thailands. Also the exchange rate is better.

I guess I meant that Cebu is also a beach town. Thats about all it has in common with pattaya. There are no specific gay venues but from what I have read and learned the boys are readily available. There is a large expat community and that area is known as a clean area. Some parts of Cebu are very littered and not well kept up. I will try to learn more. My thought is too use the philippines as a home base and make the short hops to thailand regularly. The visa and rentals restrictions are much friendlier than thailands. Also the exchange rate is better.

Thanks for the info.. I appreciate it :)

We shall see. worst case scenario, I have internet connection and can always work if I am really bored to my mind :) I should try to go to Cebu for sure... didn't think of that....I love the beach... so that might be a good idea....

Thanks again

Stef

Stef if you really want the beach and a good gay life with bars and boys try Boracay. The beaches are pure white and many of the resorts are gay or gay friendly. Cebu is nice, but the gay scene is more in the malls and with no real gay bars. Two bars in a near by suburbs with straight boy dancers, but not to my taste and AYOR in all of Cebu. Manila has a good scene( a little grungy), and Baguio is very very gay friendly with a lot of college ages kids, but do watch out for the scams everywhere you go. The Church has filled all the boys heads with so much negative crap that it is very hard to find anyone that is out in the gay community that is not f**ked in the head. Scams are very common and well know to all the PI boys, so do be on your guard. I spent two months in the PI, and had a very good time, but would not retire there, even if I found a good boy. I can give you a list of hotels and places to stay if you need it for Cebu, manila and Baguio. The tropicana is OK. Sort of like the Malaysia in Bangkok. I stayed on the Pan Pacific in Malate and had no problem with bringing anyone to the hotel. PM me and I can give you a name to call for a discount. Not as expensive as other Pan Pacific's.

Filipinos have a fondness for americans and this helps a lot when you're looking

for a companion there.

Boracay Island is a very quiet place and the action is more 'by chance.'

Cebu is a very laid back and there aren't really any gay places there either. You can meet

guys in a mall as in Manila but you have to be careful in Cebu as well as Manila. There are

some bad apples there.

Manila has a gay club in Makati. The name is is 'Government.' This is very popular with the better looking gay filipinos. Makati is the upscale area in Manila. There are also clubs in Malate which is in the tourist belt. All the taxi drivers know the places.

For a wild time ask your taxi driver to take you to the stripper bars in Quezon City. I

reccomend that you go with a local as it is safer.

Take your laptop with you or surf in an internet cafe to find a companion

if you don't seem to find someone by chance or in a club.

If you want to meet someone before you arrive you can post an ad on

craigslist.org

One good thing about filipinos is that they speak english but they differ from Thais and

I think they are more efficient at seperating you from your money. You have to bargain

them down because they start very high...lol

Just go with an open mind and go with the flow. You'll have a great time.

Guest MonkeySee

I have not been to the Philippines in several years. In Manila at that time, the best place to meet guys were in the shopping malls. I went to a bar called "Joy" in the Malate area, but it was very crowded. I met several guys just on the street. Smile and use your gaydar and you will be surprised what happens. There were also a few movie theatres where you could get a BJ, but it was a little too dirty and nasty for my liking. Rizal park also had a cruising area. Some say it is a little dangerous, but I did not have any trouble.

Guest filangel79

I maybe late for this but Malate is the main gay friendly area in Manila. You can find gay bars along the way and some sauna nearby. The best gay bars to go are BED, Government, O-Bar and FAB. Saunas or Bathhouses (Club Bath, Epitome, Fahrenheit.) Strip bars (Adonis, Gigolo, Big Papa, Maginoo) Now most gay bars are in Manila area except Government which is in Makati. Club bath is in Pasay, Epitome in Manila and F in Quezon City. Most of the strip bars are in Quezon City except Big Papa. Greenbelt area in Makati is also a cruising area. The nearest mall, Robinson's Place in Malate is one of the best cruising area since it is near gay bars and hotels. Hope this helps whoever reads this. Though Philippines is a predominantly Christian country, homosexuality is widely accepted than Filipinos admit it to be. Gay beach destination in the Philippines is in White beach Puerto Galera, Mindoro. Forget Cebu. Boracay is gay-friendly and I am certain one can find nice guys there, but it's mostly family/couples resort.

I believe Wesley on SGT & Wes on Ting Tongs is based there & has posted on those boards on the destination. [Apologies if I've missed his posts on this forum].

He gives the impression of being quite helpful, so may offer some advice.

Guest greg_is_normal
I maybe late for this but Malate is the main gay friendly area in Manila. You can find gay bars along the way and some sauna nearby. The best gay bars to go are BED, Government, O-Bar and FAB. Saunas or Bathhouses (Club Bath, Epitome, Fahrenheit.) Strip bars (Adonis, Gigolo, Big Papa, Maginoo) Now most gay bars are in Manila area except Government which is in Makati. Club bath is in Pasay, Epitome in Manila and F in Quezon City. Most of the strip bars are in Quezon City except Big Papa. Greenbelt area in Makati is also a cruising area. The nearest mall, Robinson's Place in Malate is one of the best cruising area since it is near gay bars and hotels. Hope this helps whoever reads this. Though Philippines is a predominantly Christian country, homosexuality is widely accepted than Filipinos admit it to be. Gay beach destination in the Philippines is in White beach Puerto Galera, Mindoro. Forget Cebu. Boracay is gay-friendly and I am certain one can find nice guys there, but it's mostly family/couples resort.

I agree - malate is the place. Robinsons mall must be the biggest pick up place i have ever been to. Single white male walking around - you are going to be approached. I got approaced one in the department store buying underwear at 11am - wow! By the way - great shopping ofr labels at very good prices (not fakes). The filipino boys are cute and sexy. Epitome is great - mmmmmm

Guest taylorsquare

Actually i just found out today that Cory Aquino died earlier this month from cancer.

www.lifeinlegacy.com

Not that she done much.

I remember them waving their yellow flags,shouting "cory cory cory".

(76) former Philippine president who led a 1986 uprising that ended the repressive regime of Ferdinand Marcos. Aquino fought off seven coup attempts in six years but struggled to meet high public expectations and left many of her closest allies disillusioned by the end of her term. She was diagnosed with advanced colon cancer in 2008 and confined to a Manila hospital for more than a month. Her cancer had spread to other organs, and she was too weak to continue her chemotherapy. She died in Manila, Philippines on August 1, 2009.

If you want to meet Philippine Boys go to www.eyeballchat.com or www.gayromeo.com

join give your self a handle like sexy18 or something, its free to join.

You will find so many boyz from the Philippines on there, its all live Cams from all over the world, so many young guys in there bedrooms naked .

Be careful its very addictive, you can arrange to meet one, then they will tell you where all the action is all over the Philippine

www.gayromeo.com also have a lot of Phiili Goz advertizing on there.

or even www.gaydar.co.uk

I have stopped rersponding to Phil guys on GR. Everyone I chatted with and exchanged messages on GR ultimately asked for money or to be brought to the U.S. Their water buffalo might not have died and mama may not have been in the hospital, but the family always needed money or their tuition was due by the end of the day. I hate to characterize a group of people, but that was my experience, sadly.

but the family always needed money or their tuition was due by the end of the day. I hate to characterize a group of people, but that was my experience, sadly.

Sadly mine too. Not just on line but in person as well. From childhood on the boys who are gay in the PI receive so many negetive messages about being gay from their church, family, etc they they really get messed up in the head. Others in the PI have had different, good experiences and I envy them and wish I had had some kind of luck in the two months I looked for a real PI BF.

Guest thaiworthy

This was my experience, too. They are masters at subtlety as well. Within 5 minutes of meeting online, they each announced that today was their birthday.

Well if you're doing short time, what does it matter if they have 365 birthdays per year? 

Wish them happy birthday and don't give them anything extra for it.