lookin

Is it just me?

• Members

A couple of weeks ago, the formatting menu in the 'Post' window stopped working. All the buttons are grayed out. I can't select fonts, sizes, colors, or even bold and italic. No way to center text or images, no way to insert a link, and even smilies are gone. It's like all the tools that allow for any kind of expressiveness are gone.

When the 'Post' window first comes up, the formatting menu looks normal for about a half-second, and then all the tools become grayed out and unavailable.

I Googled all the terms I can think of for Invision board formatting tools, and I can't find anyone who has had this problem. I don't recall changing any settings, and I checked all the settings I can think of to see if I screwed something up. But no luck.

As a workaround, I've been trying to use HTML tags, but it's a whole lot harder than just clicking an icon in the formatting menu.

I see others are managing to format their posts, and nobody's bitching, so it must be just me who's having these problems.

So what am I missing? Is there just some box I forgot to check?

400-04565014w.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help.

Is your toggle-switch in the upper left corner NOT gray? That button toggles all the other formatting buttons off, if it is on. Click it to toggle it off, if it is on, and the other formatting buttons should re-expose.

If that's not it, time to send in the geeks.

• Members

Is your toggle-switch in the upper left corner NOT gray? That button toggles all the other formatting buttons off, if it is on. Click it to toggle it off, if it is on, and the other formatting buttons should re-expose.

My hero! girl_in_love.gif

Never even noticed that switch and must have inadvertently toggled it in a prior paroxysm of posting.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

We live to serve. ^_^

I got stymied the same way some time ago. I think I was rescued when Oz (?) posted an explanation of that toggle switch, whose function is to expose the HTML formatting of a post in the event one wishes to format something at that level.

I do find it easier to mess around inside quoted matter from a previous post (say, deleting parts not relevant to my reply post) with the HTML exposed. The other way -- working in WYSIWYG -- I tend to overrun the end-tags and corrupt the thing.

Which I already do enough of in real life! :lol:

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my AS is so tech savvy, I can stop loving him for that..^_^ I know he will be a good husband fixing things around the house:

planting and trimming things in the garden, building a little work station in the garage, taking care of our cars and etc...

I might not need another men's hands except AS to get things done. ^_^ When I'm sick he will bring me medicine and give me nice massages.. Lol..

Guest hitoallusa

I just love you the way you are, dear... ^_^

It all started when I was seven and stuck a screwdriver into a live lamp socket. True story.

Thus adding to the evidence about electroshock therapy. Pro or con -- you decide. ^_^

• Members

Well, screwdrivers are made to be drunk, not left around as ornaments. ^_^

Many of my early "experiments" did not survive either. I was very good at disassembling things but after that I lost interest. ^_^ I had an intellectual curiosity in how they were made but obviously I was not cut out to be a mechanical engineer. Maybe a train engineer? ^_^

Best regards,

RA1