Guest josephga

Gluten free diet

• Members

Wow, that is impressive. I've been thinking about going gluten free but need to do my research on it first. I've gone pretty much vegetarian (not vegan), say about 95% of the way for the last 8 weeks and I have been steady at 1lb per week loss.

I would like to maintain that rate or even a bit more so I was thinking of in addition to increasing exercise to maybe switch to gluten free to help with an extra amount.

How challenging is it to go to gluten free Joseph? Do you take any supplements to make sure you are not lacking in any vitamins or such?

Guest josephga

I gave up breads and pasta's unless they are listed as gluten free. I found the gluten free pasta had no less taste. some foods like crackers taste lighter being gluten free. I made a meat loaf last night gluten free you just substitute the bread crumbs for rice base ground up rice cake or rice checks cereal. one night for my bf I made a chocolate cake flourless. he gave up gluten b4 we met and dropped 40lbs. we eat allot of salads but we make them very hardy. using meats, and beans with the vegetables. some of the pizza places are now offering gluten free crusts. breakfast for us is a green shake made from whey powder, almond milk, kale greens, banana's and some psyllium powder. not only have I dropped 12lbs but no longer suffer from IBS