AdamSmith

The 13 Most Homoerotic Horror Movies Of All Time: Happy Halloween

• Members

I've seen about half as well but others have given me something i'd like to watch if I could have found them on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Unfortunately Hostel, The Forsaken, The Covenant, Jeepers Creepers 2 and Fear No Evil aren't on either. I refuse to watch any Friday the 13th after the second one...no matter how homoerotic it may be (my loss). I was a bit surprised that The Talented Mr. Ripley was included in a horror list of any kind.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I'd be interested to know of anybodies favorite horror flicks...homoerotic or not. Perhaps I may be able to get some ideas of things to see this Friday evening to get into the spirit ^_^

• Members

As long as we're hijacking the thread, here's the ultimate horror trivia riddle:

What SFCon fanboy favorite also appeared in the modern horror ur-franchise?

Hint: Remember it's a riddle. Think out of the box.

2nd hint: The best hint to a riddle is also a riddle. :P

Some of my favorites, all from the Vault of Years Past.

The Abominable Dr. Phibes...

DrPhibes5.jpg

...and its even more baroque sequel, Dr. Phibes Rises Again...

phibesrises01.jpg

The Raven, Roger Corman's uproarious serious-spoof of all his previous oeuvre. Price's and Karloff's knowing self-parodies are priceless; Peter Lorre is beyond description...

Roger-Raven-os-3333.jpg

raven_1963_14.jpg

70cormanpoe_raven3.jpg

Finally, the Hammer classic Horror of Dracula, now available with the newly restored full ending -- Christopher Lee's clawing off his own face in sunlight originally cut for being too gory, and long thought lost, but recently retrieved from a Japanese print...

• Members

Someone's a big Vincent Price fan :smile: The Abominable Dr. Phibes full movie is on YouTube so I can watch it and will.

Two of my oldie faves are:

Night of the Living Dead (1968) by George Romero

The Evil Dead (1983)

Both kind of campy but stand out in my mind as being really scary at the time I first saw them.

Thank you! That made me remember -- how could I forget Romero's exquisite Martin...

tumblr_mcromgcYOs1r584q4o1_r2_1280.jpg

...vampirism as a metaphor for misunderstood adolescence. Or t'other way around...?

(Really had the hots for this actor first time I saw it, a transference of unrequited lust for an alas straight college friend whom I dragged to see the flick with me.)