I have been watching this since the beginning. It is a great show. 2 lesbian mothers who are foster parents to a few kids. Great story. Very well developed gay characters that are not stereotypical. And, the boy in the kiss has been gay the whole time on the show for a few years and this is his first love. It is a very touching storyline.

The show is great. Its portrayal of gay characters as role models is also inspiring. And, this new (not really new but been building up since Conner's BF painted his nails in support) foray into the mind of a gay teen (if that old) is very sweet.

i know the gay media has been eating this up. I wonder what the conservative media has said?

I know the gay media has been eating this up. I wonder what the conservative media has said?

I looked around for that, and could only find one fringe (never heard of him before) evangelical blogger ranting about how "disgusting" it was.

And this guy was of course one of those closet cases with a fixation on how seeing this on TV will lure impressionable young minds and gonads into "experimenting with homosexuality."

If I can find him again I'll post his blog here.

Ever the sucker for a boy in blue.

Since the kiss scene got all the press and alerted me to this show I have madly joined what the fan blogs lovingly call themselves -- "jonnor trash". :lol:

And thanks be to YouTube that I can follow the Jude/Connor bits without having to sit through the other half-dozen storylines. :rolleyes:

Really something how the writers gave this storyline such feeling in so little screen time.

Saw a couple of entertaining interviews with Hayden and Gavin (separately) after the kiss show, each mentioning how funny that the other is not like the character. Gavin said how Hayden, unlike what you would expect from his portrayal of Jude, tends to be a "loud extroverted goofball." And Hayden was a bit hilarious saying "Gavin is a really manly guy. He's a very masculine, like, musclebound, person" so playing the sweet vulnerable infatuation with Jude was an achievement.

The finale episode just showed. It was a three night conclusion to an amazing show.  I can honestly say I enjoyed every episode and this will be one show that I miss.  It was beautifully written, acted and talked about relevant issues in the gay community. 

The last few episodes even talked about PrEP. It was truly a picture into the life of a great inclusive family. 

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2018/06/05/the-fosters-hayden-byerly-talks-saying-goodbye-to-jude/

• Members
On 3/11/2015 at 5:45 PM, AdamSmith said:

Note my superhuman restraint in waiting even this small decent interval to post these pics of Gavin MacIntosh, the actor who plays Connor. :wub:

Gavin_shirtless.jpg

tumblr_nb8vdl3Wgt1qa4lgbo1_500.jpg

gavin-macintosh-the-fosters-interview-jo

gavin-macintosh-the-fosters-interview-jo

http://www.justjaredjr.com/photo-gallery/781870/gavin-macintosh-the-fosters-interview-jonnor-kiss-39/

I dont watch the show, so I dont know how old this young character is supposed to be, but he looks young....  This is certainly something DADDY would never allow to be shown on HIS website,  a "young" shirtless boy, especially in a compromising position.   Applause to the show AND to Oz for censoring CENSORSHIP !    

10 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

I dont watch the show, so I dont know how old this young character is supposed to be, but he looks young....  This is certainly something DADDY would never allow to be showed on HIS website,  a "young" shirtless boy, especially in a compromising position.   Applause to the show AND to Oz for censoring CENSORSHIP !    

As the linked article notes, he is 15 in these pics.

:wub:

9 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

I dont watch the show, so I dont know how old this young character is supposed to be, but he looks young....  This is certainly something DADDY would never allow to be showed on HIS website,  a "young" shirtless boy, especially in a compromising position.   Applause to the show AND to Oz for censoring CENSORSHIP !    

I think you must understand the context of the original post. This young lad and another boy (both straight) had the first teenage gay kiss on TV and it was on The Fosters.  It was truly a beautiful moment and if you have not seen the show and watched these 2 lesbian moms raise these foster kids, you are truly missing a great show. IMHO

• Members
Just now, TotallyOz said:

I think you must understand the context of the original post. This young lad and another boy (both straight) had the first teenage gay kiss on TV and it was on The Fosters.  It was truly a beautiful moment and if you have not seen the show and watched these 2 lesbian moms raise these foster kids, you are truly missing a great show. IMHO

I am aware of the show and I totally understood that, but still my comment stands.  Paranoia would prevent the "event" from being shown or allowed on another site.  It's interpretation would be "skewed"... And that beautiful moment would be perceived as an ugly "abomination"....