TotallyOz

Gay Istanbul - A TotallyOz Adventure

Guest Trench

Enjoyed the photos. If still not too late, visit the collection of Yuan and Ming blue and white porcelain of the palace. Well worth the trip.

Enjoyed the photos. If still not too late, visit the collection of Yuan and Ming blue and white porcelain of the palace. Well worth the trip.

Thank you! I did see them. Wonderful! I also loved the Harem Room.

Fascinating city. I remember taking the ferry across to the Asian side of the river, just so I could say I have been on the Asian continent.

Hope you get to try out a Turkish Bath.

I have been in the EU side as I am at the Intercon and it is adjacent to Taksim Square. Great area and easy to get everywhere. But, traffic is horrible.

I did a Turkish Bath as well. LOVED it! More to come on that later.

Love this Oz. great photographs. Hope you enjoy Istanbul. Do not miss Ephesus, it is a must see, as is the Temple Basilica of St. John.

Thank you. I will try on next trip. I only have one more day and I have a tour in AM. And, Ephesus is 9 hour driver away. :(

• Members

Sure wish I could have stood with you under the dome in the Hagia Sophia!

A few weeks ago, there was an interesting program on Nova trying to figure out how that amazing structure, huge and open as it was, could stand solidly for 1500 years in earthquake country.

They also used some high-tech gizmos to peer behind the centuries of changes to see what some of the original Christian adornments looked like.

Apparently, no shortage of gold in those days!

HagiaSophia6.jpg

• Members

Love this Oz. great photographs. Hope you enjoy Istanbul. Do not miss Ephesus, it is a must see, as is the Temple Basilica of St. John.

Damn, Oz: Is this coincidental or what? Just this morning I canceled the trip to Spain and Portugal in 2016 and have now opted to travel to Turkey to Istanbul and to the places mentioned by Ms Ann. Haven't decided on a specific date, for the tour is greater than a year away, but I am excited anyway and will begin reading and planning.

I truly appreciate your sharing the enticing photos which are brilliant on my computer screen.

The massages at the Turkish Baths, may be a bit on the sensual side, but if your looking for erotic, probably not going to happen.

They'll give you a towel to wear, and hands everywhere with strong massage, but they stop short of erotic. The Bath houses are usually very ornate, and in most places the massage will be a bit more public than your used to. But you get lost in the whole experience and you probably won't miss the erotic part.

• Members

The massages at the Turkish Baths, may be a bit on the sensual side, but if your looking for erotic, probably not going to happen.

They'll give you a towel to wear, and hands everywhere with strong massage, but they stop short of erotic. The Bath houses are usually very ornate, and in most places the massage will be a bit more public than your used to. But you get lost in the whole experience and you probably won't miss the erotic part.

Thanks for sharing! I do believe that I was letting my imagination get the better of me! Again, thanks! I appreciate your take on the matter! :smile::kiss: :kiss: :smile:

• Members

Thank you so much for your awesome travelogue.

I enjoyed,devoured your fascinating adventures.

The photos are quite amazing,from the grand mosques to the palaces and of course the delectable cuisine.

It makes we want to go back to Istanbul and I hope to later this year.

Keep exploring and many thanks for sharing

• Members

Thank you so much for your awesome travelogue.

I enjoyed,devoured your fascinating adventures.

The photos are quite amazing,from the grand mosques to the palaces and of course the delectable cuisine.

It makes we want to go back to Istanbul and I hope to later this year.

Keep exploring and many thanks for sharing