Tomcal

Merida Mexico

I agree with Tom on the percentages. When I was staying in Sao Paulo and Rio for months at a time, I never had someone now willing to bottom. But, that is because they knew me and I was a known quantity.  When I was forgotten, it was activo only upon first meeting.  As I only spent a few days or a week in each city, sometimes it changed if I saw the boy more than once, sometimes it didn't.

Guest bobbalino

You have to have a sense of humour!

You can have a guy walk away from your shopping/bucket list, holding his ground and leaving his potential pay check in your pocket for another lad on the payroll. This can apply to cash, duration of therapy session, or where cocks go. 

Then another time Dr. Jek-Yll be the one doing the fucking is suddenly Mr. Hyde your dick up my previously shuttered hole.

On 7/24/2017 at 8:51 PM, Tomcal said:

Kevin in reality there is no contrast! 1) first rule of the saunas, dont believe 50% of what the sauna guys tell you and seriously doubt the other 50% until you get to know them away from the sauna! :-)

this has been discussed a while ago but let me reiterate it here, while 90% of the guys in sauna say they are only "activo" in reality once they get to know you 90+% will/do bottom! You have to remember in the testostorone filled enviorment of the sauna locker room the guys dont want to admit they bottom or even worse like it! Of the 5 guys that most frequently stay at the apt in Rio with me, 3 only "top" in the sauna but all 4 bttm privately!

Bottom line there is no difference between Mexico and Brazil in the % of tops and bttms, IMHO!

I think you have to be realistic and not set up peoples expectations....While money does talk in the saunas and in the streets when it comes to guys in general....personality and the particular guy also has a lot to do with what a guy would be willing to do versus what he wont do...

Because a guy will bottom for you or me does not mean he will bottom for another guy...same goes for me...Im pretty sure there are some guys that I have tried to top in Rio and other places who were clear that they were tops are willing to get fucked by somebody else...

Tom, there has to be something about you that gets you the results you get...I haven't met you personally but you come across as very generous and a genuine nice guy....That goes a long way with guys who are for pay and those who aren't especially when you are open to establishing "friendships" with the guys....

I appreciate feedback on Mexico...I am heading back to Cancun in September but may do some more research on other parts of Mexico to visit and where the majority of hot Mexicans are....smile...

I have never stayed in a hotel but only done Airbnb until I bought my house.  but there are two I would recommend for different reasons.  One is a really nice gay owned small(in number of rooms but big in terms of facilities) it is called Villa Verde, and a beautiful place with great small bar overlooking the pool and also a swimsuit optional sundeck.  https://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?pa=1&tab=description&hotel-id=613305120&q-room-0-adults=2&YGF=14&MGT=1&WOE=1&WOD=7&ZSX=1&SYE=3&q-room-0-children=0

the other one is a 10 story pink hotel that is only a block from my house so it is in the center of the city and you can walk anywhere from there!  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150811-d154610-Reviews-Gamma_de_Fiesta_Inn_Merida_El_Castellano-Merida_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

there are many other choices from Hyatt(not the best location but new) to many boutique hotels, check the ones out in the Santa Lucia neighborhood!

Both have pools

Guest KevinC

Is there any entertainment venues such as gay bars, gay dance clubs, or museums in Merida?          I browsed Grindr in Merida for the past 3 days, but none interests me.  I am sorry to say I would not touch any of them even if they are free.   I conclude that guys really don't go to gym in Mexico. I go to gym every day myself and at my age, I have nicer body than most of the young guys on Merida's Grindr.  LOL.  I guess I will just continue going to Brazil.

But if I go to Merida, it would not be for sex tour.

2 hours ago, KevinC said:

Is there any entertainment venues such as gay bars, gay dance clubs, or museums in Merida?

there are 4 gay bars/clubs that I am aware of and one sauna about 20 mins outside the town center,  many museums since the city was established the 1500's, and there is a lot of history.  there are the Pyramids near Tulum and Chichen Itza,  Many ceynotes(limestone sinkholes, resulting from the collapse of limestone bedrock that exposes groundwater underneath) that form beautiful a swimming holes and caverns,  for the nature lovers there is a huge flock of Flamingoes that nest west of Merida as well as many other forms of wildlife(I have parrots that come by the house everyday) and I find the guys there really good in and out of bed. but then I may be dealing with a different caliber then you would be.  I enjoy cocktail hour at Villa Verde, and margaritas at Las Vigas bar/restaurant(Not a Misspelling). so it is a different experience then I have in Brazil, still great sex just more selective I guess!   I wish I could post photos of the 3 guys that came to the last party, they truly would compete with the best that the saunas of Brazil offers...with the exception of one guy there who is coming to Merida this winter and who I may become exculsive in my older years! LOL

Guest KevinC

What happened to the Brazilian guy that you said was special and you were in love with?  I think you said he is a medical doctor (or lawyer?).

LOL

""What happened to the Brazilian guy that you said was special and you were in love with?  I think you said he is a medical doctor (or lawyer?).

laughing out loud" 

Dont know why you are laughing? Thats him! He is staying with me in Sept, and i am taking a day trip to Petropolis to to meet his parents!  Should be interesting!

Guest bobbalino

American with Brazilian connections and French bulldog at Irish pub in heart of Yucatan. Merida really is intercontinental/cosmopolitan!

btw, FloridaRob was the guy that talked me into visiting Merida a year and half ago!  he moved there 5 years ago,  we originally me in Rio in 2002, and he has spent hundreds(Thousands? ) of days HOing all over the world with emphasis on Cuban, Mexican, Brazilian and Thai guys!  He is the true expert!