TotallyOz

Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Bangkok

• Members
2 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Thank you Nancy Reagan.

The psychology behind overeating is a subject worth researching. For anyone who suffers from obesity, I highly recommend therapy as part of treatment. The brain plays a significant role in the gratifying feelings that food/eating conjures. Without therapy, it can be very difficult to change brain behavior, and a serious change in behavior is what is needed to succeed at weight loss.

Portion control is a challenge for many. It can be like asking a size queen to give up big cock and learn to love small. There is tremendous value in deliberately switching to smaller plates and bowls for everyday use, especially when eating specific foods.

The speed of your eating matters. Attempting to slow down the eating process is a beneficial exercise. Learn to savor eat bite and chew more slowly, as opposed to participating in a contest. It's especially important to do this when we think we are excessively hungry. Mind over matter. Slower eaters tend to eat less and they feel fuller for longer periods of time without risking over indulging.

A high fiber and high protein diet also helps to create a longer lasting feeling of full. When you study the effects of sugar on the human body, and then you learn that the body digests most carbs as sugar, you quickly realize how "you are what you eat" becomes relevant.

I applaud anyone who figures out a healthy way to lose excess, unwanted weight. As we get older, carrying extra weight can become a serious burden to our bodies and good, decent health. The heavier we are, the less active we will want to be. Overweight people tend to feel less motivated to raise their heart rate. If you say no to cardio, you run the risk of inviting all kinds of problems.

No one is going to live forever, but if you surrender to depression and eat to counter those feelings, you're more likely to create an unpleasant hole that may grow too deep to fix.

Our bodies need fuel. Learn what fuels are best and acquire the drive to eat for good health. Learn how to love yourself. When you love yourself, caring for your health becomes easier and more enjoyable.

Good to have the opinion of an expert. And bottom line, stop gorging down. 

• Members
13 hours ago, Lucky said:

I am the opposite. My developing cataracts have pushed my lenses back to normal so I haven't had to wear glasses for several years now!

I think few people have "normal" eye sight.  However, I think the so called normal is near sighted when young, then neither far sighted nor near sighted and finally far sighted when older.  Good things are working out for you.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
4 hours ago, Europeanman said:

Good to have the opinion of an expert.

I'm not an expert, but I did produce a multi-faceted campaign for one of America's leading weight loss centers.

4 hours ago, Europeanman said:

And bottom line, stop gorging down.

Yes, in very simplistic terms. As most obese people know, simple solutions for weight loss don't exist. Unfortunately, for those who enjoy food, losing weight in a healthy, life-changing manner takes work. For many thin people, it's not easy to gain weight or muscle mass either.

Food addiction is one of the worst addictions to treat because we need to eat. No drug or alcohol addict needs cocaine or whiskey. So when certain insensitive posters spout simplistic cliches to address a serious issue, red flags go up given what I know.

On 1/17/2020 at 9:14 PM, Lucky said:

I am the opposite. My developing cataracts have pushed my lenses back to normal so I haven't had to wear glasses for several years now!

Likewise! I went totally shorteyed in 8th grade, but couple years ago, aged 58, it just went away, from age-related eyeball physical foreshortening.

I also started getting off the computer for half the day, and spending every afternoon out walking in nature, focusing on long-distance visual targets.

Mama’s macular doctor said Yes, absolutely the retinal muscles can be strengthened and retrained that way.

• Members
11 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Unfortunately, for those who enjoy food, losing weight in a healthy, life-changing manner takes work.

Enjoying food does not lead to obesity. Foodies do not gorge down fast food and sugar. 

As for the rest of your post, all these IMHO are bs excuses. And feel free to call me insensitive.

• Members
9 hours ago, Europeanman said:

Enjoying food does not lead to obesity.

What a silly comment. Seriously misinformed. Show me one obese person who claims to not enjoy food.

Foodies do not gorge down fast food and sugar.

Many "foodies" qualify as obese. There is more fat, salt, and sugar in Michelin-starred tasting menus than any visit to Taco Bell. I have an abundance of foodies in my social circle, and most of them sport bulbous bodies the likes of Bill Barr, Newt Gingrich, and Bill Kristol.

650_1200.jpg

Obesity is not limited to fast-food consumers alone. You don't need to "gorge" your high-fat, luxury meals to qualify as obese.

bs excuses

Another shortsighted opinion on the internet.

And feel free to call me insensitive.

Already done.

• Members
11 hours ago, Europeanman said:

Enjoying food does not lead to obesity. Foodies do not gorge down fast food and sugar. 

As for the rest of your post, all these IMHO are bs excuses. And feel free to call me insensitive.

People who like gourmet food do not tend to be obese. The poster is correct that they avoid fast food and excess sugar because they are into quality. They can overeat, but that is not the goal. Portions at a lot of fancy restaurants are smaller than usual. So you will find all kinds of body types enjoying food that does not, in itself, lead to obesity. Most stay thin,  some don't.

5 hours ago, Lucky said:

People who like gourmet food do not tend to be obese. The poster is correct that they avoid fast food and excess sugar because they are into quality. They can overeat, but that is not the goal. Portions at a lot of fancy restaurants are smaller than usual. So you will find all kinds of body types enjoying food that does not, in itself, lead to obesity. Most stay thin,  some don't.

Yes. Whenever I have gone to France, the restaurants serve the richest food I have ever eaten. But in appropriately modest portions. They can give you a marvelous 5-course meal after which you do not exit feeling like a blimp.

5 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

Whenever I have gone to France, the restaurants serve the richest food I have ever eaten. But in appropriately modest portions. They can give you a marvelous 5-course meal after which you do not exit feeling like a blimp.

Also, as noted before, the French do not eat between meals.

• Members
47 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

Whenever I have gone to France, the restaurants serve the richest food I have ever eaten.

I know of no other culture who loves their butter, cream, and cheese more.

48 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

They can give you a marvelous 5-course meal after which you do not exit feeling like a blimp.

I have never left a menu dégustation in France where I did not feel stuffed. In order for me to participate, I need to skip lunch.

Any suggestion that gourmands (even the French) are not obese is laughable. Absolute poppycock. A pipedream.

People who have no difficulty with something failing to understand that other people have difficulty is hardly new.

I just add the people who can't resist attacking people to my ignore list(great that the forum has one!). Life is short. Who needs to listen to that shit?

It sure as shit is true that you aren't going to change them, however witty you are.

1 hour ago, caeron said:

People who have no difficulty with something failing to understand that other people have difficulty is hardly new.

I just add the people who can't resist attacking people to my ignore list(great that the forum has one!). Life is short. Who needs to listen to that shit?

It sure as shit is true that you aren't going to change them, however witty you are.

Oscar Wilde would absolutely agree with you, then go out there and militarily launch his offensive strikes with all his might.

• Members
10 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

One will note le difference entre gourmet et gourmand.

Quelle différence?

Meaning depends on the context. Mostly, gourmand and gourmet are interchangeable, with gourmand sounding more like a noun. In older language usage, gourmand could imply gluttony, but it's not a modern use of the word.

Further relevant, the origin of the word is French, a culture that knows a lot about food and the pleasures of eating. I know quite a few French businessmen who are plump and could use a treadmill.

10 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Quelle différence?

Meaning depends on the context. Mostly, gourmand and gourmet are interchangeable, with gourmand sounding more like a noun. In older language usage, gourmand could imply gluttony, but it's not a modern use of the word.

Further relevant, the origin of the word is French, a culture that knows a lot about food and the pleasures of eating. I know quite a few French businessmen who are plump and could use a treadmill.

Merci. ^_^ My understanding was of the older usage.

Agree too there are plenty of rotund Frenchmen. Overly pleasure-seeking arguably too. I once arrived as a consultant to a unit of Matra Hachette that developed engineering design software, to spend the day in strenuous consideration of what their new product needed to beat the competition, and found the lunch table — at eleven AM — had at each place setting a slice of pate and a glass of Sauternes.

Very nice way to live, but needless to say they have long been out of business.

Only ze French!

• Members
On 1/20/2020 at 9:36 AM, RockHardNYC said:

Quelle différence?

I thought that gourmet was the "art" of food preparation and gourmand was the appreciative recipient.  I stand corrected.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
On 1/20/2020 at 3:34 AM, RockHardNYC said:

I know of no other culture who loves their butter, cream, and cheese more.

I have never left a menu dégustation in France where I did not feel stuffed. In order for me to participate, I need to skip lunch.

Any suggestion that gourmands (even the French) are not obese is laughable. Absolute poppycock. A pipedream.

And what is wrong with butter, cream and cheese? 

Once again. People who enjoy gourmet food are not fat. People who gorge down shit are.