Lucky

This Forum Has Always Been...

• Members
2 hours ago, Lucky said:

Since I started the thread, I think I am in complete understanding of what I am trying to say. Suckrates only proves my point- I post, he criticizes.  He thinks he knows what I am saying better than I do. How paternal.

I dont have to think.  I READ what you write....its pretty clear.   And you have proven that you are one of those people that thinks he is being attacked and criticized because someone disagrees with him...  How self-indulgent and shallow.

You dont have to be a rocket scientist to know that if you only want to hear ONE side,  your are limiting participation.  Come on Lucky, i know you have SOME education ?  

And PLEASE Lucky, be cognizant of the fact that when I post, YOU always criticize and stir that pot.    It's just what you do,  although you try to present yourself as the Mother Teresa here.   I dont believe you ever have a good intention. 

Fa5K.gif.  

• Members

Certainly in danger of being accused of hijacking this thread I feel compelled to comment on this diagram.  I have never thought that a washing machine would have TWO motors in order to facilitate the agitation of clothes.  I have never seen such and so far cannot find any reference that suggests such.  Not that I am a washing machine expert.  Far from it, merely a user a couple of times a week.  However, machinery has and always will fascinate me.  I always seek to know how it works.  I think most modern washing machines use ONE motor with a transmission or clutch arrangement to agitate clothes.  

Regardless of all that, this forum seems to use many posters to agitate.  :)

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
On 5/20/2018 at 3:00 PM, Lucky said:

Does everyone feel comfortable posting when they can expect replies from guys exercising their right to comment as they see fit? Do posters, in order to post, have to set themselves up for attack because some posters feel attacking others is appropriate comment? Not everyone is as thick-skinned as Suckrates and may not enjoy being in the middle of a bitch fight. So, allowing that comment is up to the the individual, if it results in a dead forum it's hardly appropriate.

Ignoring the non standard English and any implication to religion, I think the following is appropriate for this discussion:

"let him who is without sin cast the first stone"

• Members

I really dont understand how and why  (well I do understand how, Lucky turned it into that) this thread morphed into a discussion about "ATTACKS"   ?   Noone, including myself is condoning ATTACKS.....

I am, and have been discussing a more civil discourse of "differing" opinion.    Are we NOT allowed that here ?    And while Lucky seems to be endorsing one-way conversation,  that practice to me seems undemocratic and Dangerous. 

Clearly there are 2 camps of thought here, and they are quite divided.  However, Lucky's supporters are failing to read beyond HIS posts to truly understand the other point of view.   Like with Trump supporters, they hear and believe what they want, and tune out the opposing side.    While Trump views any negative comment about him as an attack and FAKE NEWS,  Lucky too sees a negative opinion as an attack....  WRONG !   

(BTW RH, I see you've come around and started using your detested "memes" to comment ?   GOOD BOY)    And, you are absolutely RIGHT, we are beating a dead horse.  Perhaps you should speak with your friend Lucky ?  

• Members
On 5/18/2018 at 6:22 PM, Gotti said:

Some people thrives in controversy, sadly they believe this forum is their home.

I  applaud the initial thread and post and agree with Lucky.  I've been at this site and this particular forum since its inception and have recently seen a change in its tone brought on by some of the newer members.  ...wish they would rethink what they write before doing it, for I, for one, DO NOT engage in tits for tats from some members who are afraid of a variety of opinions and assessments.

Thanks, Lucky!  And for those folks who like to "bitch, insult, etc., please rethink your thoughts and respond.   And to be clear, I am a 100% advocate of free speech. 

• Members
5 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Top-Loading-Washer.gif

^_^

4 hours ago, RA1 said:

Certainly in danger of being accused of hijacking this thread I feel compelled to comment on this diagram.  I have never thought that a washing machine would have TWO motors in order to facilitate the agitation of clothes.  I have never seen such and so far cannot find any reference that suggests such.  Not that I am a washing machine expert.  Far from it, merely a user a couple of times a week.  However, machinery has and always will fascinate me.  I always seek to know how it works.  I think most modern washing machines use ONE motor with a transmission or clutch arrangement to agitate clothes.  

Best regards,

RA1

giphy.gif

My machines only have one motor each...

• Members

It is not about avoiding controversies. I think we would all agree that I do like controversies and I am not afraid of personal attacks. It is about not being self centered. Instead of posting to vomit whatever reaction something causes to you, post with a constructive attitude. I do not think we are teenagers in the self-affirmation stage. 

For instance, when someone starts a thread to celebrate men with tattoos, or blond twinks, or older men, or any other preference, there is always a group of posters that run to express their disgust and show off instead their own preferences. I am for their right to do so, but I am equally for my right to call them assholes because that is what they are. 

7 hours ago, RA1 said:

Best regards,

RA1

From seeing my own washer taken apart for some repair, I believe you are correct.

On both of your points here. ^_^

2 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

It is not about avoiding controversies. I think we would all agree that I do like controversies and I am not afraid of personal attacks. It is about not being self centered. Instead of posting to vomit whatever reaction something causes to you, post with a constructive attitude. I do not think we are teenagers in the self-affirmation stage. 

For instance, when someone starts a thread to celebrate men with tattoos, or blond twinks, or older men, or any other preference, there is always a group of posters that run to express their disgust and show off instead their own preferences. I am for their right to do so, but I am equally for my right to call them assholes because that is what they are. 

Yes! Thank you.

To be afraid of 'controversy' is to be afraid of frank, honest, committed discourse.

'Controversy' about a given subject matter is not at all the same thing as personal attack.

Guest Larstrup
12 hours ago, Lucky said:

Since I started the thread, I think I am in complete understanding of what I am trying to say. Suckrates only proves my point- I post, he criticizes.  He thinks he knows what I am saying better than I do. How paternal.

Honestly Lucky, your victim-hood is unbecoming, yet not surprising to anyone. You assault other posters for furthering conversation here in other forums, yet you whine like a pig when someone else comments about one of your posts. Surely, you, of all people,  can appreciate the irony here.

• Members
8 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

WHY would you do that, and why are they assholes ?   For expressing a different opinion ?   That says alot about YOU and probably makes you the bigger asshole ?   

So you would prefer they remain silent if they are not in agreement   ?     I think that's how our President feels too ?   :sick:

So then, your definition of "participation"  should = Agreement ?        Lo siento, esa no es una filosofía que tengo detrás.

• Members
1 hour ago, Suckrates said:

WHY would you do that, and why are they assholes ?   For expressing a different opinion ?   That says alot about YOU and probably makes you the bigger asshole ?   

So you would prefer they remain silent if they are not in agreement   ?     I think that's how our President feels too ?   :sick:

So then, your definition of "participation"  should = Agreement ?        Lo siento, esa no es una filosofía que tengo detrás.

The biggest Trumpian in these forums is you. You are faking tolerance but actually just insulting others. 

Of course I have no problems with different opinions. But I guess I am wasting my time trying to explain a nuance you do not want to see. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Latbear4blk said:

The biggest Trumpian in these forums is you. You are faking tolerance but actually just insulting others. 

Of course I have no problems with different opinions. But I guess I am wasting my time trying to explain a nuance you do not want to see. 

There's no nuance to your blatant statement.  It is what it is, no matter how you attempt to spin it.   And honey, I never Fake anything.   You obviously dont know me ?     As for insults, you are the one here throwing the word asshole around when you dont agree with someone, so hold that mirror up to yourself and see the problem.    Maybe you can get away with that bullshit over at Daddy's, but it dont work with me.   And comparing me to Trump in any way, shape or form is really a stretch,  even for you.  But like him,  if you say things enough, maybe you will get some people to believe it. ?

• Members
44 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

You are faking tolerance but actually just insulting others. 

Not unlike your endless posts to apologize for posting pics of the PS event on your blog, only to admit to Lucky that the multiple apologies were only done because people were too stupid to get it the first time...

• Members

Golly gee. When you take on the naysayers, they don't understand why you would point out the support your posts have received. It's self-affirmation, huh? Gosh, I have been on message boards for 15  years and if it is self-affirmation I am looking for, i know that I won't find it from the group of guys who have gathered to oppose me. They are afraid that civility could hit Boytoy and drive them out of business.

• Members
1 hour ago, Lucky said:

Golly gee. When you take on the naysayers, they don't understand why you would point out the support your posts have received. It's self-affirmation, huh? Gosh, I have been on message boards for 15  years and if it is self-affirmation I am looking for, i know that I won't find it from the group of guys who have gathered to oppose me. They are afraid that civility could hit Boytoy and drive them out of business.

You obviously CHOOSE to ignore the other camp of opinion on your posts, so your ego doesnt get bruised....  There is another side you know ?.  Just because a handful of people support you doesnt mean you are Right,  righteous or da bomb.   And be clear, YOU are the one choosing to turn this into a competition and divide the board.   That alone seems to conflict with your original self-described "well intended" crusade of encouraging and promoting participation.    Clearly, you never think things all the way thru.    You only focus on how they affect YOU.   Golly Gee !

• Members

This is obviously going nowhere, the only consensus is that the forum has changed with the addition of some new members. If you like a positive environment where you gain from the experience of others you think it changed for the worse, if you like controversy and dispute on everything written you think it changed for the better.

• Members

I'm neutral in this debate/controversy.  I agreed with Lucky in terms of how the forum has changed over the months. esI've been here since its establishment, reading and writing and using the information which I've sought. 

Hope everyone takes a deep breath now and regroup and focus in other areas, the main one being travel to Central and South America.  :):)

• Members
3 hours ago, Gotti said:

This is obviously going nowhere, the only consensus is that the forum has changed with the addition of some new members. If you like a positive environment where you gain from the experience of others you think it changed for the worse, if you like controversy and dispute on everything written you think it changed for the better.

I Love the avatar...

image.png.7a42d7708f1946546e9857d764132991.png