Latbear4blk

SALVADOR, BAHIA, Dec 22 to Jan 3

• Members
22 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I do not know why (probably my very much missed American grown weed) I had not posted the previous message yesterday, but instead saved it as a draft. 

What I did just post is a final evaluation on the three saunas in Salvador.

...superb assistance and guidance to future visitors to the saunas in Salvador (Bahia)--Brazil. 

I personally appreciate that you took the time while visiting a place of which you highly desired per previous posts and wrote and posted for the benefits of others.  Muito obrigado!

• Members
On 8/2/2018 at 3:38 PM, SolaceSoul said:

BTW, I know that hotel. I stay one block away from it whenever I go to Salvador. I have never stayed there but I have been inside of it. It is very similar to the place where I stay. The location for what you are trying to do while there, the convenience and the price points are perfect. As long as visitors are allowed (check first because I don’t know), then you should have absolutely no complaints. If you do, then we are two completely different kinds of travelers.

I will be in Salvador in July. Not sure where to stay. I prefer hotel. I would like to be close to beaches and the old town and the GP Saunas :D And I like Hotels with 4 stars and more. Any recommendations?

On 2/20/2022 at 5:55 AM, Alex_Berl said:

I will be in Salvador in July. Not sure where to stay. I prefer hotel. I would like to be close to beaches and the old town and the GP Saunas :D And I like Hotels with 4 stars and more. Any recommendations?

Do a goggle check for Fernando Bingre Tour Guide.  He's a tour guide who previously had a website and received lots of great stars and rave reviews on TripAdvisor.  ...fluent in English, gay, and comes highly recommended.  He should be able to advise you.

In fact, you might want to seek out his expertise in helping you with your itinerary.  [I am not suggesting that you do this although he's an expert.  I arranged his services (on my own accord) for two of my friends who visited Bahia a few years back; they were quite pleased.]

• Members
10 hours ago, Badboy81 said:

It will be winter there...Good luck

complicated. you can not be close to everything. you can be outside on hotel beaches, mostly north of the city. or you can be in the barra, which is pointed as gay beach, but is more like a normal beach, but nice anyway. or you can be in old town for historic buildings, capoeira boys and ladies in national costumes, and some music nights in old town (once or even three times a week).

salvador comes in clusters. safe and not safe areas. in between areas you travel with taxi or uber. i would not stay in old town, i would visit it a few times during my stay. i usually stayed in barra, i liked it, but is more a question of taste.

On 3/7/2022 at 2:41 PM, davet said:

The beaches are far away from the historical center, which is beautiful but changes block-by-block in terms of crime and danger. You cannot be close to both.

The beaches and the historical part of Salvador Bahia are not that far away....a short uber ride...

Please stop making it sound like is hours away...

There are buses as well as uber that will take you from the beach front area to the historical downtown area minutes away

• Members
33 minutes ago, Badboy81 said:

The beaches and the historical part of Salvador Bahia are not that far away....a short uber ride...

Please stop making it sound like is hours away...

There are buses as well as uber that will take you from the beach front area to the historical downtown area minutes away

True. If you are staying by the beaches around the tip of the peninsula, the ride to the historic area is actually shorter than to the closest sauna, and very much shorter than riding to Fox. And he would probably find that Fox worths more visits than the City.