Lucky

Breaking News! Larstrup Under Investigation!!

• Members
20 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

I certainly love the new software design with all the white space.

Oz is using Invision Community, which I think is easier to read than anything that looks and feels like a vBulletin stepchild. IC has some quirks, depending on your OS (operating system), but I enjoy the open feeling of the space.

Daddy's sense of design has always been very trailer park 1970's. He's an IT guy who wears overalls from Sears, hence his logo. His huge belly leaves no room for making any other kind of fashion statement. I have a feeling Oz looks better in a suit. When Daddy switched to XenForo software, my eyes crossed. He doesn't stray too far from vBulletin, because he doesn't possess an ounce of creativity or refined taste. He's not very GAY.

Now, in fairness, I think most forum community developers should be lined up and forced to take a wooden bat up their ass. Feel the pain until you design something that looks and feels like you work for Apple. When it comes to forum software, we have no Steve Jobs, yet.

Oz went in a different direction. I don't know his tastes or motivations, but truthfully speaking, I smiled when I first saw him stray from the ugly vBulletin norm.

Internet Brands, the company that owns vBulletin, is completely devoid of any style and creativity. They hire code designers who wear Docker's pants. It's a requirement. In case you couldn't tell, I hate vBulletin software. It's uglier than a pair of Air Jordan III OG's stomped in dog shit.

Unfortunately for style fanatics like me, vBulletin is fairly stable, and forum owners like stable software. So it's a difficult market for competition. Building style and stability in code is very difficult to achieve. If I had nothing better to do with my time and money, a Bucket List desire would be to create a really fabulous software for forum life enjoyment, the kind that a gay sophisticate would love. My gut tells me I'd hit a home run, but would my head survive the never-ending ache? I think I'd rather travel with hot men. So much more fun.

ps Yes, another lean off-topic, but it seems appropriate for this thread.

On 7/28/2018 at 2:32 AM, MsGuy said:

Which raises the question of deej's admin authority &/or judgement. Does he have to get Daddy's OK to close down such obvious trolling? Is he too (fill in the blank) to realise the effect such a post might have on some of his more timid donors? If the latter,  God help the poor fellow. Daddy can get grouchy at times.

Or is it simply that deej is really just daddy's own John Kelly?

TELEMMGLPICT000141094694_trans_NvBQzQNjv

:lol:

14 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Oz is using Invision Community, which I think is easier to read than anything that looks and feels like a vBulletin stepchild. IC has some quirks, depending on your OS (operating system), but I enjoy the open feeling of the space.

Daddy's sense of design has always been very trailer park 1970's. He's an IT guy who wears overalls from Sears, hence his logo. His huge belly leaves no room for making any other kind of fashion statement. I have a feeling Oz looks better in a suit. When Daddy switched to XenForo software, my eyes crossed. He doesn't stray too far from vBulletin, because he doesn't possess an ounce of creativity or refined taste. He's not very GAY.

Now, in fairness, I think most forum community developers should be lined up and forced to take a wooden bat up their ass. Feel the pain until you design something that looks and feels like you work for Apple. When it comes to forum software, we have no Steve Jobs, yet.

Oz went in a different direction. I don't know his tastes or motivations, but truthfully speaking, I smiled when I first saw him stray from the ugly vBulletin norm.

Internet Brands, the company that owns vBulletin, is completely devoid of any style and creativity. They hire code designers who wear Docker's pants. It's a requirement. In case you couldn't tell, I hate vBulletin software. It's uglier than a pair of Air Jordan III OG's stomped in dog shit.

Unfortunately for style fanatics like me, vBulletin is fairly stable, and forum owners like stable software. So it's a difficult market for competition. Building style and stability in code is very difficult to achieve. If I had nothing better to do with my time and money, a Bucket List desire would be to create a really fabulous software for forum life enjoyment, the kind that a gay sophisticate would love. My gut tells me I'd hit a home run, but would my head survive the never-ending ache? I think I'd rather travel with hot men. So much more fun.

ps Yes, another lean off-topic, but it seems appropriate for this thread.

This very accurate technical analysis you should have charged me a high five-figure bill for.

;)

• Members
11 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

This very accurate technical analysis

You're very kind. It was more a rant on the poor choices forum owners have when it comes to selecting software programs.

One of the main reasons I decided to end my pursuit of creating my own board, the cost of custom software would have required a steep registration fee to break even on the start-up. The cheap queens at Daddy's complained when I proposed a mere $5 fee to help squash the troll problem. You can imagine how they would have felt about paying $150.  And even at that price, you needed 1000+ sign-ups before seeing a penny of profit. And who would pay for the coding maintenance?

I guess if I have one regret in life, it's that I didn't major in computer science and coding. My brain doesn't love this shit, but I've come to learn I hate bad, in-artful coding more.

11 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

you should have charged me a high five-figure bill

Yes, and Daddy should have paid me for all the financial/managing advice I gave him. He eventually took my advice and greatly improved his board but he'll never admit it openly. He once said he would never take "donations," and look how that went. Whenever there's a call-out for more donations, I always question whether the username belongs to deej.

On the other hand, I do give him props for throwing me a bone once. It was a very generous act of kindness. You may not remember this Adam, but there was a time when the popular troll thing to do over there was accuse me of double posting (ie: multiple usernames). According to some trolls, I had 10-20 different names. Certain desperate trolls still love making that claim. I hate trolls and their troll games, as you well know, and I hated the fact that deej was allowed to be an admin troll. I suspected that deej was several of the trolls hounding me, but I couldn't prove it without access to Daddy's Control Panel. Well, one day, much to my surprise, Daddy took me up on my invite to do an IP search, and he wrote on the board that there was "no evidence that I was double posting." I knew Daddy knew his way around his Control Panel, and I knew if he had the courage to say something, he had the power to put the trolls in their proper head-up-the-asshole place. And for awhile it worked. I love crushing trolls, and I'll always be grateful to Daddy for that gift. I never forget this level of generosity. Credit where credit is due.

• Members
On 8/5/2018 at 5:36 PM, RA1 said:

I agree about deej

Speaking of the anal retentive control freak, here's a perfect example of an unnecessary closing of a thread: https://www.message-forum.net/threads/aretha-is-gone-long-live-the-queen.140666/

Honestly, how can any reasonable, educated adult pay proper homage to Aretha Franklin and not speak in the context of politics? IMO, you can't. And that's why the controlling, single-minded asshole is one of the BIGGEST assholes, attempting to wield his control freak power on his board members. And notice the transparent contempt: "GENTLEMEN (and the rest of you)". Which means: a good percentage of members are loser assholes, but be sure to donate.

Utterly laughable.

4 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

And notice the transparent contempt: "GENTLEMEN (and the rest of you)". Which means: a good percentage of members are loser assholes, but be sure to donate.

Utterly laughable.

Ridiculing your own clients/donors. Brilliant.

My old shrink would have added something about self-mirroring.

• Members
5 minutes ago, Tartegogo said:

No, it means a percentage are Ladies, not Gentlemen, or non-binary.

Well, thank you Kellyanne Sanders. That's one way to put a positive spin on the truth. Nothing like trapping the second-class beings in-between parentheses and using lower case.

5 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Ridiculing your own clients/donors.

If memory serves correctly, there was an element over there that did enjoy humiliation and ridicule. Definitely not my kind of gay guy, but they do exist.

• Members
13 minutes ago, RockHardNYC said:

Well, thank you Kellyanne Sanders. That's one way to put a positive spin on the truth. Nothing like trapping the second-class beings in-between parentheses and using lower case.

If memory serves correctly, there was an element over there that did enjoy humiliation and ridicule. Definitely not my kind of gay guy, but they do exist.

C'mon, do not be a drama queen. Have some sense of humor yourself. Contempt in this case is only in your eyes, IMHO.

Sd5G.gif

Guest marylander1940
On 7/27/2018 at 8:04 PM, Lucky said:

Our fellow poster Larstrup is reporting that he is under investigation for donations made to Daddy. He doesn't say who is doing the investigating nor why, but he reports as of the last few minutes that after donating by check and then a separate, cash donation, there is now "something alarming going on." An email inquiry he sent to the administration of the site was not followed up with a reply.

Larstrup concludes his report saying: " I stressed about what this means not only to me, but to everyone who has done what I have done. "

We await further developments and hope that Larstrup will clarify things by answering several questions:

1) Who is investigating you?

2) Why are they investigating you?

3) Have you been subpoenaed?

4) Can you flee the country?

5) Is this a joke? Because you didn't really retire!

6) Will you be addressing your followers here?

7) Will you be taking donations to your  defense fund?

8) Should other donors be worried, or very worried?

I'd be very cautious about all of this when someone like him cries wolf...

Guest marylander1940
43 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

Fuck you. @Larstrup is the most honest straightforward member here.

Explain yourself.

Or go home.

Such a tough language!

Let him talk and see what happens.

• Members

Larstrup wrote a phony thread about his retirement.it wasn’t honest, although it was funny. He has spent his time here attacking me, calling me a cunt on various threads, and generally exuding hatred for me.

But that’s okay. I don’t hate Larstrup. I wish him well. In another life we might have been friends.

• Members
16 minutes ago, Lucky said:

He has spent his time here attacking me, calling me a cunt on various threads

Thank goodness Oz has turned a new mod-leaf. Personal attacks and name calling should never be tolerated. I'm surprised and disappointed that Adam lost his cool. As Oz has indicated, there is a "Report Post" link on the upper-right corner of each post frame. I can inform members from personal experience, the link works, and I'm grateful.

Guest marylander1940
2 hours ago, Lucky said:

Larstrup wrote a phony thread about his retirement.it wasn’t honest, although it was funny. He has spent his time here attacking me, calling me a cunt on various threads, and generally exuding hatred for me.

But that’s okay. I don’t hate Larstrup. I wish him well. In another life we might have been friends.

He called me "little girl", "motherfucker", etc...