Tomcal

Pointe is my favorite sauna at present time

since pointe202 opened in 2002 it has seen a lot of changes and has gone from the top to the bottom to in between and back again as the best sauna in Rio IMHO!

it is now busy 4 nights a week with Weds still being the best followed by Friday and monday and thursday!   

last night i had another full encounter with one of the Massgistas! 

Manhatten was also fairly busy!  between these two i have not had the inclination or desire to visit 117,  although if you are in to muscle guys it is the place to go especially Tues. nights

• Members

My favorite is still 117 lol, but yes it just a question of individual taste concerning the type of boys. Yesterday I went to Manhattan (as you suggested) and I really liked the environment and the upstairs bar as well, very intimate, but not really the boys - but I am sure most foreigners will like.

• Members
11 hours ago, Tomcal said:

it is now busy 4 nights a week with Weds still being the best followed by Friday and monday and thursday!   

Manhatten was also fairly busy!  between these two i have not had the inclination or desire to visit 117,  although if you are in to muscle guys it is the place to go especially Tues. nights

With 202 being busy lately with garotos, are any of the garotos that are found at 202 the same garotos formerly seen at 117?

For me, getting to 202 is a lot easier than going to 117.  

• Members

why is 117 good for muscle on Tuesdays?

I also prefer the location of 202... handy as most tourists are based here or Ipanema, so beach in day, 202 afternoon / early evening, Ipanema night-time 

can't wait till end of October for my next visit!

3 hours ago, redxs said:

why is 117 good for muscle on Tuesdays?

Cause that’s where the muscle guys go on Tuesdays!

Wednesdays a number of them show up at pointe! and now Monday’s is also getting very busy at Pointe and MR was busy as well.  Last night i ran into a guy i only met once before 3 years ago at Lagoa from Uruguay who was 20 at the time and left for europe shortly thereafter, 

i really liked our first encounter so i invited him back to spend my last night here with me! It/He was amazing!  looks like i have to put him on the list to visit Mexico!

• Members
On 8/20/2018 at 3:26 AM, Tomcal said:

117 is only 6 stops on the metro from Pointe, about 10 - 12 mins.

Sorry, I meant it is easier for me to get to 202 from Copacabana - up Siqueira Campos - rather than to 117 (via metro)

• Members
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, Tomcal said:

Cause that’s where the muscle guys go on Tuesdays!

Wednesdays a number of them show up at pointe! and now Monday’s is also getting very busy at Pointe and MR was busy as well.  Last night i ran into a guy i only met once before 3 years ago at Lagoa from Uruguay who was 20 at the time and left for europe shortly thereafter, 

i really liked our first encounter so i invited him back to spend my last night here with me! It/He was amazing!  looks like i have to put him on the list to visit Mexico!

But why Tuesdays in particular? do they go to discuss steroids / working out tips? or has it developed over time that Tuesday is muscle men night!

Personally I like muscle men which is why I'm interested!

19 minutes ago, redxs said:

Then you will be very happy there on Tuesdays!  as to why?  who cares what their reason is? they go there but that is where the MONEY(clients)is on Tuesdays!  But...things are changing, Pointe is on a upswing with monday’s and especially Wednesday turning out where a number of the guys from 117 can be seen at, and Thursday was not bad with Junior offering a free Buffet!  This Past monday i talked to 5 guys at pointe who are 117 regulars!  

So go to 117 on Tuesdays you won’t be disappointed!

• Members
51 minutes ago, redxs said:

But why Tuesdays in particular? do they go to discuss steroids / working out tips? or has it developed over time that Tuesday is muscle men night!

I suggest, redxs, that you summarize for us what you know and where the gaps are.

I am a little suprised because you reported previously that you have visited in recent years, you in fact posted during your Rio trip in March, including being in person at 202, and in the Spring your contributions to at least one other poster's questions about muscular talent suggest a good working knowledge of the GdeP scene.

For some reason I may fail to grasp, is their something that explains asking questions that one might just as easily pose to you based on your apparent experience? Perhaps you have a particular style of wanting confirmation about things with which you would already have some familiarity. 

Have you never been to 117 on previous trips? If not, my observation is that there are mesomorphic guys all the time. There are simply more of all body types due to it being a popular night with private space discounts. 

Following/tracking the discounts ... they are often FB posted ... also provides clues as to popular evenings and where your preferred type may be more in abundance. 

• Members
5 hours ago, redxs said:

5 hours ago, Tomcal said:

Muscle guys are like migrating bird species. Everyone knows where to find them, but no one knows how exactly they figure it out how to get there.

tenor.gif?itemid=7967820

:D

• Members
18 hours ago, redxs said:

I think it started because of the free cabins at 117 on Tuesdays (I am not sure if It is still the case, but it was in dec 17). This attracted the local clients who prefer not to pay for cabins, so more clients on that day, and in turn, the GPs understood they can find more clients on Tuesday if they go to 117. So as a result there are more GPs on Tuesday, which in turn attracts even more clients, etc. until you have supply/demand market saturation.

• Members
44 minutes ago, Tomcal said:

a couple of guys who now go to Pointe figured out that even though it is crowded with more customers, they don’t make anymore money because of the long wait for rooms on Tuesdays!  

Good point!

• Members
1 hour ago, Tomcal said:

a couple of guys who now go to Pointe figured out that even though it is crowded with more customers, they don’t make anymore money because of the long wait for rooms on Tuesdays!  

That’s a fair observation  

They should use the cabin-waiting-time to get to know their client better, work on him, and maybe land themselves an overnight :-)

• Members
1 hour ago, Tartegogo said:

That’s a fair observation  

They should use the cabin-waiting-time to get to know their client better, work on him, and maybe land themselves an overnight :-)

I'm not sure the guys are seeking overnights per se?

Usually I ask a guy before cabin that I'm looking to take a guy out for dinner and overnight too.

Just resurrecting this old thread with 2022 update: Club 117 is still very popular and busy on Tuesdays because of the free cabins. Closed on Mondays.

Wednesdays are very busy at Pointe 202 because of the same free cabin promotion. Many Club 117 garotos will come to Pointe 202 on Wednesdays.

I suppose Mondays are also busy at Pointe 202 (because Club 117 is closed). Pointe 202 is closed on Sundays.

There was no waiting time for the (free) cabins at neither Club 117 nor Pointe 202 on the days I was there in March.

Club 117 is easily accessible from Copacabana. Just take the metro to Gloria (6 stations from Siqueira Campos/Copacabana) and it is less than 5 min walk from there.  Metro ticket price is now 6,5 BRL; you can enter the metro by using a VISA contactless card so no need to queue up to buy ticket.

Actually Gloria/Lapa/Santa Teresa are more charming than Copacabana IMO and well worth a visit/sightseeing, Centro is deserted on weekends and should be avoided.