Lucky

Time Out!

• Members

Many folks take time away from posting, and nothing much is thought of it. With the absence of three prolific posters here lately, posting is more of a delight than ever. The civility alone makes coming here refreshing. For a long time, almost every post I made was countered with an attack by Suckrates. Larstrup attacked me frequently, but made little sense. Ms. Ann isn't even in contention. She just joins the chorus for the most part.

And me? Do I see myself as a pleasant poster, an informative guy? Truthfully, I do. I realize that I make my mistakes too. I don''t like everyone here and everyone here doesn't like me. I guess that's life. It doesn't bother me.

Often when people leave the board, they do so in anger. I don't feel angry, just tired. I would like a break. I have been posting for about 15 years. Deej made sure I got dumped at his site despite Bill specifically inviting me back. I was dumped despite breaking no rules. I was just irreverent to deej, a truly despicable man. I saw him once at an outdoor Badboy party in Palm Springs. I can see why he might be angry. I have met Bill on several occasions. To this date, I don't understand him. He seemed to like me, but gave no assistance when deej made his move.

As for Oz, I love him. Doesn't mean I agree with everything he does or says, but I very much enjoy his company. So with boytoy in better shape than ever, I hope it continues and the likes of Larstrup and Suckrates don't return, at least in their previous poses. Suckrates seems to be a generally very unhappy man. I hope that he finds peace.

For all-time temperate moderator, I choose Cooper. He's a great guy whom I often differ with but we stay friends.

As for me, I'll check in from time to time.

Regards, Lucky

• Members
1 hour ago, Lucky said:

Many folks take time away from posting, and nothing much is thought of it. With the absence of three prolific posters here lately, posting is more of a delight than ever. The civility alone makes coming here refreshing. For a long time, almost every post I made was countered with an attack by Suckrates. Larstrup attacked me frequently, but made little sense. Ms. Ann isn't even in contention. She just joins the chorus for the most part.

And me? Do I see myself as a pleasant poster, an informative guy? Truthfully, I do. I realize that I make my mistakes too. I don''t like everyone here and everyone here doesn't like me. I guess that's life. It doesn't bother me.

Often when people leave the board, they do so in anger. I don't feel angry, just tired. I would like a break. I have been posting for about 15 years. Deej made sure I got dumped at his site despite Bill specifically inviting me back. I was dumped despite breaking no rules. I was just irreverent to deej, a truly despicable man. I saw him once at an outdoor Badboy party in Palm Springs. I can see why he might be angry. I have met Bill on several occasions. To this date, I don't understand him. He seemed to like me, but gave no assistance when deej made his move.

As for Oz, I love him. Doesn't mean I agree with everything he does or says, but I very much enjoy his company. So with boytoy in better shape than ever, I hope it continues and the likes of Larstrup and Suckrates don't return, at least in their previous poses. Suckrates seems to be a generally very unhappy man. I hope that he finds peace.

For all-time temperate moderator, I choose Cooper. He's a great guy whom I often differ with but we stay friends.

As for me, I'll check in from time to time.

Regards, Lucky

Too many things in one post! 12 answers went through my mind.

Don’t know how to respond and not appear like I am overanalysing this.

So I guess it is just...  come back when you miss us?

• Members

I will miss you, @Lucky. I was planning to invite you for dinner in PS 2019, but it looks like instead I will be going to Mexico that week. Therefore, this is the only space where I would be able to socialize with you for at least a couple of years. 

It is weird that you would decide to go right where you seem to enjoying it the most.

Anyway, you are the master of your decisions. I hope you change your mind.

• Members

Actually that's Samurai Jack, the ultimate warrior, who travels from the ancient past to battle Aku, the Demon Lord, (and  his troll minions) saving the world and all humanity.

Image result for samurai jack

Aku:

Image result for aku laughing gif

BoyToy Terms of Service prohibit posting pictures of troll minions.

And, as we all know, Lucky is a stickler for respecting TOS. :angry:

• Members
2 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Aw, I love me my Jonny Quest. My favorite cartoon from childhood.

latest?cb=20160823180929

Sadly decades of self-medication for post traumatic stress disorder  led Jonny to a sad end.

Image result for jonny quest venture brothers

When last heard of Jonny was seeking a form of redemption (and a steady pay check) by speaking  to young drug offenders on behalf of the DEA.

Image result for jonny quest venture brothers

• Members
7 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

Given the handle he chose, none of the above are as good a fit as Lucky Luke’s comics final strip, riding away from everyone he just helped, towards the setting sun.

06C83AA6-A44F-4760-B882-87C020BC2574.jpeg.8270cd2b4750d5419a391db00ee2f486.jpeg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Luke

Pilots use an euphemism (he went west) for dying.  Just FYI.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
7 hours ago, MsGuy said:

Sadly decades of self-medication for post traumatic stress disorder  led Jonny to a sad end.

I hear the PSD was caused by all those "time outs" that deej approbated.

45 minutes ago, RA1 said:

Pilots use an euphemism (he went west) for dying.

Perhaps Lucky is trying to convey a check-out message in his unique and clever manner?

Good luck on your respite. You will be missed. And, you know I mean that truly. I also know you will be back one day and look forward to that day. Or, at least meeting up in Bangkok on your next trip. 

However, this thread is now in the Sandbox. No need to bring up people you don't like in the thread.  You can determine if it was that or you picking Cooper as your favorite Moderator that got the thread moved. I did shed a tear or two, but I'm made of steel. :)