Happyshok

Cannot see all of the forums!!

• Members

PCR test have to be send to the lab, and will not get the results in 3 to 5 days. If you test too late you will not get the result in time, or if you test too early , the result will not be in within the 72 hours time flame, how do you guy approach this?

On 1/23/2021 at 12:18 PM, Alexbbb said:

PCR covid test has to be negative and tested within 72 hours before boarding, are they really strict on this, does anybody knows?

On 1/23/2021 at 12:24 PM, Alexbbb said:

PCR test have to be send to the lab, and will not get the results in 3 to 5 days. If you test too late you will not get the result in time, or if you test too early , the result will not be in within the 72 hours time flame, how do you guy approach this?

I just got back to Rio today... got the RT-PCR in California last Tuesday... paid $120 to expedite the results, and got the results in 8 hours (that night), for a flight on Thursday night. The airline people do seem to check the dates of the test results so they adhere to 72 hours. This is a requirement only to get on a flight to Brazil. At immigration in GIG, they didn't ask for anything, one stamp and I was on my way.

On another note, I was at 117 tonight, and a guy who I have never met before approached me and told me "I think I know who you are." I guessed that he knew me from my writings here, and was actually surprised that I was that descriptive on my physical apperance as well as my choices in the sauna in my writings, for just anyone to guess who I am if they saw me in real life. It was a scary thought. But the cat's out of the bag now, so I can't do anything about this.

And even though I was soon dripping with embarassment because he told me what he thought about my writings here (he liked it!), he began lamenting that he would never be able to read them again. Of course I asked why, since it is a public forum and anyone can read what was written here. He told me that he never really signed up for an account here, and found the 10 post minimum to be a barrier to his passive involvement in the site. I told him that I was eager to write again about the trips I've been taking these past month, but told him admittedly that the smaller reading audience gives me some pause on whether it was worth it to do so.

I encouraged him to create an account and post to get access to my "blog writings". He didn't think he would, he said, and we just left it at that. I did appreciate the compliments he gave to my crazy ramblings, and felt it is a shame that he won't be enjoying these going forward. He asked me if I could just go ahead and start a personal blog so that everyone can see these again, and he had other suggestions for me that I am truly going to think about.

At the end of the day, this is not my forum, and I feel lucky that we still have this venue to get this info and to be able to live vicarioulsy through others. And since I have the fortune to actually know @TotallyOzand count him as a friend, in real life, I know that his reasons on these changes are justified. I will probably continue the writing here, even with the smaller audience, as it is in the process of writing, not the actual amount of eyeballs that get to read it, that give me the most joy out of the process.

P.S. Holy fucking god, it is a buyer's market here. As in 10 boys to one client tonight... More on this... someday.

4 hours ago, numazu1 said:

I just got back to Rio today... got the RT-PCR in California last Tuesday... paid $120 to expedite the results, and got the results in 8 hours (that night), for a flight on Thursday night. The airline people do seem to check the dates of the test results so they adhere to 72 hours. This is a requirement only to get on a flight to Brazil. At immigration in GIG, they didn't ask for anything, one stamp and I was on my way.

On another note, I was at 117 tonight, and a guy who I have never met before approached me and told me "I think I know who you are." I guessed that he knew me from my writings here, and was actually surprised that I was that descriptive on my physical apperance as well as my choices in the sauna in my writings, for just anyone to guess who I am if they saw me in real life. It was a scary thought. But the cat's out of the bag now, so I can't do anything about this.

And even though I was soon dripping with embarassment because he told me what he thought about my writings here (he liked it!), he began lamenting that he would never be able to read them again. Of course I asked why, since it is a public forum and anyone can read what was written here. He told me that he never really signed up for an account here, and found the 10 post minimum to be a barrier to his passive involvement in the site. I told him that I was eager to write again about the trips I've been taking these past month, but told him admittedly that the smaller reading audience gives me some pause on whether it was worth it to do so.

I encouraged him to create an account and post to get access to my "blog writings". He didn't think he would, he said, and we just left it at that. I did appreciate the compliments he gave to my crazy ramblings, and felt it is a shame that he won't be enjoying these going forward. He asked me if I could just go ahead and start a personal blog so that everyone can see these again, and he had other suggestions for me that I am truly going to think about.

At the end of the day, this is not my forum, and I feel lucky that we still have this venue to get this info and to be able to live vicarioulsy through others. And since I have the fortune to actually know @TotallyOzand count him as a friend, in real life, I know that his reasons on these changes are justified. I will probably continue the writing here, even with the smaller audience, as it is in the process of writing, not the actual amount of eyeballs that get to read it, that give me the most joy out of the process.

P.S. Holy fucking god, it is a buyer's market here. As in 10 boys to one client tonight... More on this... someday.

I can't wait to hear about it.

The forums in question have lots of nudes. I had two choices, delete all nudes or make them viewable to those that participate. Frankly, for anyone unwilling to make 10 posts to contribute to the site, I don't care of they come and visit or not. I always believe in giving back and not just taking. I contribute to TripAdvisor, etc. based on this. For someone who is to lazy to register a free account and make 10 posts, they are too lazy to read and search anyway. :)  Just my opinion though.

• Members
11 hours ago, numazu1 said:

I really appreciate the reply numazu, thanks again

• Members

The trouble with the ten post requirement is that people post the most inane things, usually one or two words as they try to accumulate their ten posts rapidly. With the recent influx of new members, the forums were barely worth reading.