BiLatin

Photos of 2 boys I had in Havana ( Dec 17 to 23, 2018)

• Members

In my personal opinion, many of the DIY photos contributed here are too much "on the nose", appear to be taken in a developing world locale with an inadequate budget for lighting, and intended for a forensics or medical textbook set of illustrations.

That said, they are often accompanied by interesting verbal erotic accounts that, to me, have far less diminishing returns. 

The net result, however, is that some of these trip-advisor-grade reports be signalling to me: Don't bother (visiting for trade).

In terms of Brazil in my case, for example, I discovered the scene 16 months prior to finding this forum board. Being there had a much bigger influence on my impressions of the commercial potential. 

In terms of Cuba, I would want a solid sights itinerary and the overall benefit of satisfying curiosity to offer compensation if necessary. 

Edited by Riobard
Minor clarification

• Members
15 hours ago, BiLatin said:

Please do not call me names. That's disrespectful. I not only answered your question but also, just in case, offered a solution, WITHOUT RESORTING TO CALL YOU NAMES. My answer was very straightforward and complete with examples. you are the one intruding on my post and now being very disrespectful. I happen to enjoy posts with pictures. like mine, there are MANY on this forum. it isn't your job to be the police of this forum. just enjoy the pics and take in the information if it helps you and STOP MEDDLING ON MY POST. Please and THANK YOU. 

BTW, DON'T REPLY. I am not interested in what you have to say.

5 hours ago, BiLatin said:

the only mean spirited person here and ignorant is you. I am a physician, you moron. your persistence is what doesn't allow you to recognize that you have no manners and enjoy talking about things which you know nothing about. 

That didn't take long!  One less physician to take seriously.

• Members
4 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

Is the accusation of racism necessary? It is an honest question. Perhaps there are clues in @BiLatin's posts that justify such a remark, but I have missed them. Of course, I am not Black and my relationship with racism is radically different to most Americans, whatever color they are. That means that I may be less sensitive and do not notice clues that may be obvious to you, @SolaceSoul.

I am all for the controversy around posting pictures. I have often published pictures, I have encouraged others to doing it, I have enjoyed the published pictures in many places, Like @Tomcal's extinct club. 

I recently mentioned this somewhere else, so I apologize if I am repeating myself, but I think it is relevant here. After my unintentional indiscretion in the pool party in Palm Springs last year, and after the last problem in the Brazil club, I decided not to publish any pictures of anyone that I have taken, without explicit verbal or written consent. 

In this case, we do not even know whether or not @Bilatin got consent from the boys to publish the pictures.

Whatever the truth is, this is a practice most of us have been involved in. If we have learned from our mistakes and grow to be more respectful of others' privacy, I think we should be more empathetic when we confront those who do not agree with us.

I am just curious.  What is your relationship to racism which is radically different from most Americans?  

I once posted a picture on the other site which caused a lot of controversy and it was not even a nude.  The point being one can never know for sure what will activate another.  :)

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

The idea of a 'slave auction' occurring within any historical period transcends race ... it is really about how those with the upper hand in any context view and treat the less advantaged. That is how I interpreted the related comment (with metaphor) about being judicious in use of images. 

Case in point: Moorish supremacy, s/w Europe in Middle Ages, over Goths (my DNA origins).

Edited by Riobard

• Members
1 hour ago, RA1 said:

I am just curious.  What is your relationship to racism which is radically different from most Americans?  

I once posted a picture on the other site which caused a lot of controversy and it was not even a nude.  The point being one can never know for sure what will activate another.  :)

Best regards,

RA1

I am not American. Hopefully you are educated enough to be aware that racism has particular manifestations in each culture. In the one I grew up, Blacks were absent.

• Members
6 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

Is the accusation of racism necessary? It is an honest question. Perhaps there are clues in @BiLatin's posts that justify such a remark, but I have missed them. Of course, I am not Black and my relationship with racism is radically different to most Americans, whatever color they are. That means that I may be less sensitive and do not notice clues that may be obvious to you, @SolaceSoul.

I am all for the controversy around posting pictures. I have often published pictures, I have encouraged others to doing it, I have enjoyed the published pictures in many places, Like @Tomcal's extinct club. 

I recently mentioned this somewhere else, so I apologize if I am repeating myself, but I think it is relevant here. After my unintentional indiscretion in the pool party in Palm Springs last year, and after the last problem in the Brazil club, I decided not to publish any pictures of anyone that I have taken, without explicit verbal or written consent. 

In this case, we do not even know whether or not @Bilatin got consent from the boys to publish the pictures.

Whatever the truth is, this is a practice most of us have been involved in. If we have learned from our mistakes and grow to be more respectful of others' privacy, I think we should be more empathetic when we confront those who do not agree with us.

I have gotten verbal consent.

• Members

Verbal consent is context-specific. It is not like a Cuban cigar is always just a cigar. Unless a pic suggests otherwise, I am going to assume the Havana lad accepting of a few bucks is likely ghetto-raised (whatever that equivalent is there, I realize that concept differs in some places) and is not predisposed to rebuff a photoshoot request from someone who has, as I do, a chronic case of affluenza. A relevant analogy might be that of an unboundaried crack cocaine addict in a more developed world setting. 

• Members
24 minutes ago, SolaceSoul said:

I didn’t make an accusation of racism. I said “medieval slave auction”. Medieval refers to The Middle Ages, not the African Slave Trade from the 15th to the 19th Centuries. Although class does intertwine with race, especially in The America’s, I used that metaphor to describe the photos because of the harsh, stark power / class dynamic between the geosocioeconomically privileged photo taker and the impoverished, uneducated, unaware, unexposed photo subject without privilege.

I stand corrected.

• Members
23 minutes ago, SolaceSoul said:

I didn’t make an accusation of racism. I said “medieval slave auction”. Medieval refers to The Middle Ages, not the African Slave Trade from the 15th to the 19th Centuries. Although class does intertwine with race, especially in The America’s, I used that metaphor to describe the photos because of the harsh, stark power / class dynamic between the geosocioeconomically privileged photo taker and the impoverished, uneducated, unaware, unexposed photo subject without privilege.

While I understand your point, it seems pretty hypocritical to basically preach about economic privilege and exploiting underprivileged people, while you then go to Rio and fuck the same underprivileged guys you pretend to be so concerned about.

Can a rentboy truly give consent when he is fucking you out of economic desperation?

• Members
59 minutes ago, riorockstar said:

While I understand your point, it seems pretty hypocritical to basically preach about economic privilege and exploiting underprivileged people, while you then go to Rio and fuck the same underprivileged guys you pretend to be so concerned about.

Can a rentboy truly give consent when he is fucking you out of economic desperation?

Have you given any thought to how those "underprivileged guys" could or would survive and/or support their family without the opportunity to make money doing what they do with tourists (that you demeaned in your prior posts)?

In connection with paying the guys "bargain basement prices" - - - - what do you propose? 

Should tourists disrupt the local economy and pay many times the going rate locals pay for prostitutes? 

If tourists did that, hostility and resentment would build between tourists and the locals.   

Prostitution is a big and bustling business in many countries, especially in Brazil.  

Your posts indicate that you "cannot see the forest because the trees are in the way."  

• Members

What I propose is that people on this board have a little CLASS and not boast and brag how they were able to dicker down some rentboy and get sex for $10, as if they were buying something at a flea market.

FURTHER, I was pointing out the hypocrisy of saying that posting pictures without consent is exploitive, but actually fucking the rentboys somehow isn’t?  If a rentboy is not able to give consent for photos taken because of power imbalance (as Solace Soul contends) then how can consent be given for sex?

Either neither is exploitive or they both are.

Solace Soul does not get to have a moral highground, while he is engaging in the same  “exploitive” behavior that he is accusing BiLatin of.  

• Members
11 minutes ago, riorockstar said:

What I propose is that people on this board have a little CLASS and not boast and brag how they were able to dicker down some rentboy and get sex for $10, as if they were buying something at a flea market.

FURTHER, I was pointing out the hypocrisy of saying that posting pictures without consent is exploitive, but actually fucking the rentboys somehow isn’t?  If a rentboy is not able to give consent for photos taken because of power imbalance (as Solace Soul contends) then how can consent be given for sex?

Solace Soul does not get to have a moral highground, while he is engaging in the same  “exploitive” behavior that he is accusing BiLatin of.  

Image result for there is a point where we need to simply agree to disagree - related cartoons

• Members
6 hours ago, riorockstar said:

This is probably a question better addressed to the Mitch McConnell and Chris Christie lookalikes who clearly wouldn’t snag someone like that without a 100 reais bill Velcroed to their foreheads. 

But let’s be clear: even in your scenario, that fucking is part of the transaction, presumably is in the range of fair market value, and the implied agreement is that it should be a fleeting one at that. Photos posted on the internet —  of either party — are not permanent in nature and are not part of the transaction.

• Members
6 hours ago, riorockstar said:

Congrats on your wonderful achievement of getting bargain basement prices for desperate rentboys.  

Why are so many people on here so CHEAP.  

Just to be clear, almost all Cubans (outside of their various individual side hustles, which most have) make 25 CUC ($25 US) a month. So, a roll in the hay for $25 CUC gives that Cuban one month’s worth of government stipend.

• Members
5 hours ago, riorockstar said:

You are making a false equivalence. The behaviors are not the same because one is mutually transactional / beneficial and the other is not. In the case of adult sex workers at Brazil saunas, they make well over the average wage of other young Brazilian men. Unless I am unaware, posting photos of the garotos in publicly accessible forum isn’t normally part of that transaction. I know that at least one sauna I regularly visit prohibits the taking of photographs inside the sauna.

The photographer may be getting “verbal consent” to take the subject’s photo, but he isn’t exactly asking the subject, “can I take your photo and post it on a public Internet forum about sex work, where it is possible that you could later  be IDd and shamed by family, friends or your government?” And, again, even if he said that, the likelihood of a Cuban boy understanding the negative fallout of a photo on the internet is minuscule — considering that Cuban citizens just gained limited internet access in 2016.

You are free to believe that all sex work, no matter the circumstances or nature of the transaction, is mere exploitation. However, if so, the question arises: why are you even at this board? Slumming?

• Members
7 hours ago, riorockstar said:

Curious that you created this account only a few hours ago just to post on this thread. 

540D96BD-40FF-4B71-893F-C44922EBBC73.jpeg

• Members

The non-sexual massage provider at the Brasilian venues where prostitution is legal is also earning 20-25% what I pay in my home country, where the cost of living discrepancy is not nearly of that scope. By extension, perhaps the exploitation label applies. Purchase power parity, jurisprudence, attitudes, socioeconomics, ethics, etc, make the discussion extremely complex.