Lucky

We’re in Hong Kong Now

• Members

Busy, bustling, expensive, crowded, sexless. That’s Hong Kong, or at least it is after a week in Bangkok. I know there are massage parlors where you can get a hand job, but last time I did this, two years ago, I traveled out to Causeway Bay to a creepy apartment for a massage that even my mother wouldn’t have liked

So, can anyone enlighten me? I am not looking for an orgy of cute Hong Kong movie stars. Well, I wouldn’ t turn it down. But some basic guy on guy fun has to exist. Straights find it here all of the time. Look at the population!

Thanks! I know that I will soon be deluged with facts!

• Members

Most big cities are fucked up. Been to New York, Adam? Hong Kong isn’t the fun of Bangkok, but the cute guys are everywhere. And I mean really cute! We accidentally stumbled upon a restauarant today that had a Thai theme. A very cute boy was interviewing for a job, but he hadn’t taken his cap off.

When he stood, I could see the big holes in his jeans with the knees falling out. He had another hole below the pocket, allowing a flash of underwear to show. Did he know the manager was probably gay? That’d be one way to get the job. He wai’d the manager when he left, so he could be Thai. Hmm, former bar boy? (Stop dreaming. Hong Kong is making me horny.)

But anyway, that’s what a fucked up city has, stories like that!

• Members
On 1/11/2019 at 9:12 AM, Lucky said:

There sure are plenty of cute guys around.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:12 AM, Lucky said:

I was in Hong Kong for four nights about one year ago. The trip was purely for tourism. I enjoyed my stay. Saw many sites. Various tours. I never had any truly memorable meals to be honest. That was the biggest disappointment of my visit. I was looking forward to good food but never found it. 

Im not into Asian men so I had very very low expectations of coming across any fun during my visit.  Grindr lit up with messages during my short stay but i had no interest in those that were contacting me. 

I have to be honest, I have never been anywhere in the world where I saw so many truly unattractive people in one place. Hideous in many many cases.  Both the men and the women. 

Im still glad I went. It is a big vibrant city. Beautiful at night. Very colorful. Worth a 3-4 day visit. Not sure I ever need to return. Certainly not for the food or the men. As always, YMMV. 

• Members

I think that Hong Kong is the capital city for hot young Asian men. Yet they do seem more interested in a sexy appearance than sex itself.

Rome was like that, too.

But, if Asian men do not interest you, then the hot looks may not work for you. I do agree that Chinese generally do not age well, my, husband being a true exception..

i didn’t age all that well, either, and I am Caucasian!

Edited by Lucky

• Members

I gave Hong Kong about four days in October of 2017......don't really need to go back......I had a list of things to see and do before I got there, checked a bit of it off each day, and finished the list by departure.....

I don't seek out expensive restaurants or attractions......either ate at the hotel buffet or a nearby simple joint for breakfast....would try to find something for lunch and dinner, but I'm not a foodie......

rode the Star Ferry, took the train to Victoria Peak and walked back down, rode one of those double-decker buses to Western and back, rode up the famous escalator, walked thru a couple flashy/pretentious malls (they love the bling!), walked thru the so-called "red light district" and another "party" street, had Chinese tea at a place in Hong Kong Park, went out to the Chi Lin Nunnery (very nice), walked thru the Kowloon Walled City Park (great!), went to the Hong Kong (History) Museum (excellent), walked Nathan St and walked by the Peninsula, went to a couple night markets (ok, bought a couple trinkets), watched the sound and light show from Kowloon on the buildings on HK Island (surprisingly lame), went to a couple temples.....

the Kowloon side is, of course, more "Chinese" than corporate Central on the HK side......but it's easy to find authentic-ish neighborhoods anywhere outside Central.....a friendly ex-pat American directed me to a few nearby attractions and his favorite lunch spot when he saw me fumbling with my map and guidebook......

I wanted to go up to that well-known temple and hike way above the airport on Lantau Island, but it was very humid....instead, I paid a small fee and watched the planes land and take off for a couple hours before my flight, using an app to identify the airlines/planes/routing from the rooftop viewing area......

the high-speed train to and from the airport is a good deal.....buy a RT ticket just outside customs at a staffed desk near the tourist info area....it includes free bus service from the in-town stations to most nearby hotels.....

there is a lot more to do in the area, of course, but I got my fill....everybody has their own priorities......I did not look for a hook-up or any kind of "sex parlor" - it just didn't seem to be the place for that

On 1/14/2019 at 1:55 PM, EZEtoGRU said:

I was in Hong Kong for four nights about one year ago. The trip was purely for tourism. I enjoyed my stay. Saw many sites. Various tours. I never had any truly memorable meals to be honest. That was the biggest disappointment of my visit. I was looking forward to good food but never found it. 

Im not into Asian men so I had very very low expectations of coming across any fun during my visit.  Grindr lit up with messages during my short stay but i had no interest in those that were contacting me. 

I have to be honest, I have never been anywhere in the world where I saw so many truly unattractive people in one place. Hideous in many many cases.  Both the men and the women. 

Im still glad I went. It is a big vibrant city. Beautiful at night. Very colorful. Worth a 3-4 day visit. Not sure I ever need to return. Certainly not for the food or the men. As always, YMMV. 

To each his own, but I have to disagree.  I find all races and ethnicities to have beauties among them.  HK is a great world city - and my experience has been that I end up needing a neck massage after walking around because I see so many stunning Asian men.  I'm not vouching for the sexual vibe, just the abundance of beautiful men.

y

On 3/18/2019 at 1:38 AM, fitboynyc said:

To each his own, but I have to disagree.  I find all races and ethnicities to have beauties among them.  HK is a great world city - and my experience has been that I end up needing a neck massage after walking around because I see so many stunning Asian men.  I'm not vouching for the sexual vibe, just the abundance of beautiful men.

yes, there are some really good looking guys in HK, guess it all comes down to one's preferences...

• Members

I lived in HK for 2 years, and apart from the rent (which is horribly expensive) I will say that it is actually quite cheap, but only IF you know it well, if you know where to go. Tourists go to the obvious (and therefore trappy) places, but locals enjoy very cheap food, massages, beaches, taxis, and shopping in general. I was saving a huge amount of money every month when I was working there. And I was living like a king. 

Edited by Tartegogo

• Members
On 1/14/2019 at 1:55 PM, EZEtoGRU said:

You've never shopped at a Walmart anywhere in the US, obviously.

• Members
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:57 AM, trencherman said:

You've never shopped at a Walmart anywhere in the US, obviously.

Haha.  Good one.  It's true that I don't go to Walmart very often....its my store ofvery last resort.  However I have to say Walmart runs a close second to Hong Kong in terms of unattractive people.  At least at Walmart, you know you will eventually see some dumb redneck hottie with his fat wife.  I saw no hotties in the whole of Hong Kong....and I was looking.  

• Members

Speaking of Walmart, I went today to the one in Palm Desert. There were a lot of kids buying goodies for the weekend Coachella Festival. I saw a very hot Asian in a tank top, soon joined by his muscular friend in a form fitting top. The two cutest guys in the store, and they were Asian! Even EZE would have agreed.

Not that it did me any good as they didn't once look my way!