kjun12

DO YOU BELIEVE JUSSIE SMOLLET

1 minute ago, OhPlease said:

Strangely enough, this was never about kjun12 nor even mentioned. Perhaps because I’m only knitting with one needle, contributed to your confusion. 

Please forgive. I was reading further up the thread and skipping.

To your intended point: pls do not worry about Lucky’s & my personal relationship. It has bottomless complexities, but is indestructible.

As I think both his and my eruptions here have documented. ^_^

Guest OhPlease
4 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

Please forgive. I was reading further up the thread and skipping.

To your intended point: pls do not worry about Lucky’s & my personal relationship. It has bottomless complexities, but is indestructible.

As I think both his and my eruptions here have documented. ^_^

Your bottomless ( no preference inferred) complexities with Lucky are not mutually exclusive to my post. Nor, to perhaps to others. They infect us all. 

Edited by OhPlease

Just now, OhPlease said:

Your bottomless complexities with Lucky are not mutually exclusive to my post. Nor, to perhaps to others. They infect us all. 

I know him personally, and like him.

Describe your situation here, sil vous plait.

Guest OhPlease
8 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

I know him personally, and like him.

Describe your situation here, sil vous plait.

Lucky in the past here Has called you a drunken  and worthless member of these forums. You  you may not recall it  but others here certainly do remember it. Perhaps you agree with him and that I  Will not dispute. But I think you know exactly what I’m talking about. I and  others have always taken offense to that slander upon your character. Perhaps I’m just defending what I want to  know  about you and  his ugliness towards you and I have always cited with that perspective from him. As being wrong .Perhaps you were drunk. But that has never prevented me from seeing deeper into your personality and finding a deeper depth into your  temporary place and time and more especially your rebound from that. 

Often times those who have stood behind you simply because we realize and know better are perhaps At fault of our own. I will never believe that but I am prepared to do so if that’s what you suggest and really we’re,  but I believe I know better and whether I am wrong or right it’s just not discolored any of this conversation into a  judgment suggesting otherwise.  So that’s where I’m coming from and until somebody tells me differently that’s what I will always believe. I embrace Your faults and more times than most they directly into a better place 

Your staple in these forums provide a gateway into better understanding into a thought process that challenges us all. I love you because of who you are and while I may  disagree at times with you I consider you a soulmate into a greater movement into our LGBT community than you’ll ever now. ❤️

Guest OhPlease

I guess my point is until we stop fighting against each other we will never be able to find our way to embrace our differences and come together as one community of people with difference and equal importance.  So with that said because you’re so smart and intellectually superior than I am Dash I just leave you with my thoughts about that. 

Guest OhPlease

Jessie Smullet   has contributed to our-setback  movement of going forward. It’s important we not attack ourselves because of it, yet understand how fragile our community remains, this is a learning moment for us all. Out progress has been set back due to his false defense that  he was actually attacked.  And the full force of the Chicago police department came out to defend him 24 seven for two weeks to clear him. These are the moments in time that set us back in our movement of who we really are. The damage that has been done to the real and valid assaults against our people will be stigmatized by each time someone reports a legitimate crime against us. We have so much work to do ahead of us to reclaim what we thought we once had with the quality of our rights. It feels like we’re starting all over again. I for one will not allow that to happen no matter what type of  sacrifice I need to make.  We have moved too far for this faked Assault to set us backwards. 

The  collective and  collateral  Damage to our community based upon this false report will be a temporary setback for us all.  We are strong and persistent and will  move back into equality and there is no one who will ever permit us from gaining our goal going forward ever again. We are stronger than these false flags to set up counter movements which has overcome us agin and in the end will never happen again.  Who could’ve ever imagined that a Black gay male with the gift of fame and it which pays him so well, could have betrayed a community with such greed and selfishness. We have overcome more challenging set–backs than Jessie Smullet and we will rise again above this selfish member of our community to continue to pursue our standing in our society. 

We are who we became through years of fight and debate. We cannot allow someone like Jessie Smullet to infect that movement going forward. 

We will overcome this. We have to.  We’ve come to far to allow this one selfish man to strip us of our credibility. 

Thanks and peace out —for now. 

2 hours ago, OhPlease said:

I guess my point is until we stop fighting against each other we will never be able to find our way to embrace our differences and come together as one community of people with difference and equal importance.  So with that said because you’re so smart and intellectually superior than I am Dash I just leave you with my thoughts about that. 

I don’t know. I think honest fighting is OK, and even productive.

Kid torched his own career, and then doubled down. Pity, but he's getting what he deserves. This kind of thing just gives fuel to the bigots to say that these things don't happen. It is a perverse version of stolen valor, and is not at all cool.

I agree that with the quote from the judge:

"There's a side of you that has this arrogance, and selfishness and narcissism that's just disgraceful," the judge said. "You're not a victim of a racial hate crime, you're not a victim of a homophobic hate crime. You're just a charlatan pretending to be a victim of a hate crime, and that's shameful."

10 hours ago, caeron said:

Love you dear, but you're wrong. Well, not about the cute part though 😀. He deserves this and more. He shouldn't have pretended to be a victim of a hate crime.

Oh, sorry. I agree that he deserves the time and he got off easy. I just thought the judges words were not appropriate.

• Members
1 hour ago, TotallyOz said:

I just thought the judges words were not appropriate.

I think the judge's words were very appropriate. They shocked me, but they were quite necessary in this case, in these times.

Narcissism and arrogance in America have rolled off the charts to dangerous levels. It's a serious problem, and, sadly, it seems a war of some sort (lots of bloodshed and loss) may be the only thing that can fix it. Too many people have lost their capacity to care about one another.

Donald Trump, the orange orangutan, unleashed the god-awful, ugly cracken that he is. People are publicly behaving in ways we have not seen before. Double-down is the new behavior strategy when challenged, no matter what the truth is, no matter how wrong or arrogant you are. Frankly, fuck truth. It's me against you, a fight to the finish.

Jussie Smollett is a very sad, morally bankrupt character. His family may be righteous and courageous to love and support the good side of him, but they are all suffering fools for tolerating the dark, cynical side.

I can't believe it, but I watched the entire sentencing hearing. In the end, I was sickened with disgust by Smollett's behavior. The behavior I saw is not the behavior of an innocent man done wrong by his peers. This was pure, contrived spectacle for the angry and ignorant. A truly innocent man would have called on humility to address the judge and the court with respect, given the power and fairness of the American jury and court system. A truly innocent man done wrong would have begged for mercy and called on God to save him at this final hour, regardless of religious belief.

The judge's harsh words had no effect on Smollett. NONE. ZERO. In fact, Smollett chose to double-down on his act of defiance, turning his defiance into a public cry to avoid or provoke conspiracy, in the event he dies while in jail and authorities try to call it a "suicide." Or worse, turning this whole charade into a fist-in-the-air, Black Power injustice fiasco. Again, it's US AGAINST THEM. Smollett clearly doesn't know when to quit. His narcissism is so severe, he thinks stubborn arrogance is the path forward to redemption. In many ways, ironic as all hell, Smollett is just another form of Trump and Trumpism.

After you read the court testimonies, Smollett's entire concocted story is laughable. The storyline details of his odyssey wouldn't sell in Hollywood. None of his "facts" added up. He famously took the stand to defend himself, and a jury of his peers did not believe him. Lie or no lie, a smart, talented actor would have been able to seduce a jury to his side. Smollett's arrogant narcissism is not acting. It's also not very smart. It's a strange and peculiar phenomenon that leaves every reasonable person sad and heartbroken.

Smollett's Black Power grievance stand is ridiculous, also laughable. Millions of reasonable people, Black and White were on his side. Reasonable people wanted to believe him. No one, not even the Chicago police, wanted to "get" Jussie Smollet, to bring him down. He was a nobody. A good-looking, Black actor who happened to be gay. No big deal.

But after Smollett double-downed on his big lie, costing tax payers $130,000 and Lord knows how much damage to truth-telling victims of hate crimes, most of those reasonable people walked away. They did not like being played for fools.

Now, Smollett will suffer even more. And I seriously doubt he can recover. He's dug himself in too deep.  

• Members
2 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

We are a country that elects Trump as president. There is nothing a celebrity cannot recover from.

Maybe only a conservative celebrity.  The left still tends to hold people accountable, sometimes to unreasonable standards, Al Franken as an example.  

• Members

With celebrities, I agree that anything is possible.  But, as long as Smollett keeps claiming that he is innocent & that somehow he is the victim of the huge mess that he has created, it's going to be very difficult for him to recover.

• Members
18 hours ago, tm_nyc said:

With celebrities, I agree that anything is possible.  But, as long as Smollett keeps claiming that he is innocent & that somehow he is the victim of the huge mess that he has created, it's going to be very difficult for him to recover.

Perhaps a reality TV show could somehow be crafted around Jussie and other celebs with careers that ran into the ditch.  

In the near term, he might try Celebrity Big Brother.

He might ultimately repent and go on a book tour.  

I'd have no interest in any of that.  But one can never underestimate the public's taste.

• Members
49 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

Release from jail pending appeal.

So Jussie's lawyers keep getting paid. Welcome to the U.S. legal system. If it keeps him out of jail, and from his pretty, Black ass from getting raped, isn't every dollar spent worth it?

Can't imagine an appeal changing ANYTHING, except even mo' money changing hands. Maybe Jussie has a GoFundMe lurking somewhere to finance this ridiculous charade. There are still two or three who still b.e.l.i.e.v.e. Can't imagine Jussie has a fortune hidden somewhere. It's not like he was the lead on Empire. Eventually, the money will run out, and a career in show biz will be dead. I hope he has other talents. :devil: