fitboynyc

Buenos Aires Recommendations

Hey guys.  It's my first time to BA.  I've been to Rio - loved it - and found my way to 117, 202, etc.  BA doesn't get all that much play here, so I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions for:

1. what area to stay in where there are cafes, restaurants where cute gay guys (not garatos) hang out, just for eye candy purposes.  Also, in what area - I'm assuming the same - would there be more boys strolling around?
  2. gay gym - I think the Megatlon chain might have a gay crowd, but which one(s)? Any other gym suggestions?
  3. a modestly priced hotel/apartment in that neighborhood?
  4. and, last but not least, muscle guys for hire - yes, specifically muscle men, big bodybuilders most preferred.  I've seen soytuyo and some of the other sites, but I didn't see any really competitive bodybuilder types (ripped fitness model types also do it for me).  I realize that there's nothing in BA like the Rio saunas, so any advice would be most appreciated - if anyone knows anyone in particular, please by all means send me a private message with contact info.

Many thanks!

• Members
14 hours ago, fitboynyc said:

Hey guys.  It's my first time to BA.  I've been to Rio - loved it - and found my way to 117, 202, etc.  BA doesn't get all that much play here, so I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions for:

1. what area to stay in where there are cafes, restaurants where cute gay guys (not garatos) hang out, just for eye candy purposes.  Also, in what area - I'm assuming the same - would there be more boys strolling around?
  2. gay gym - I think the Megatlon chain might have a gay crowd, but which one(s)? Any other gym suggestions?
  4. and, last but not least, muscle guys for hire - yes, specifically muscle men, big bodybuilders most preferred.  I've seen soytuyo and some of the other sites, but I didn't see any really competitive bodybuilder types (ripped fitness model types also do it for me).  I realize that there's nothing in BA like the Rio saunas, so any advice would be most appreciated - if anyone knows anyone in particular, please by all means send me a private message with contact info.

Many thanks!

1. Palermo, Puerto Madero, Barrio Norte, and Recoleta.

2. I left 20 years ago, but I used to go to the Magatlon in Rodriguez Peña and Avenida Santa Fe, almost next door to Contramano. Nice well equipped gym with a great swimming pool. I fucked a few times in the restrooms after cruising in the communal showers. By them the showers were all shared, no dividers or curtains. It was impossible to hide your erections.

3. Airbnb has a very diverse offer. A few times I stayed here, and was very happy.

4. I advise you to place your request for information in the local forums. I am permanently banned there and cannot help you. They have devolved into a not very nice community, but you can still find there many guys who will help you. Check my reviews, I am not into muscles and bodybuilders, but Douglas has a perfectly sculpted body. Incidentally, he is a Carioca.

4 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

2. I left 20 years ago, but I used to go to the Magatlon in Rodriguez Peña and Avenida Santa Fe, almost next door to Contramano. Nice well equipped gym with a great swimming pool. I fucked a few times in the restrooms after cruising in the communal showers. By them the showers were all shared, no dividers or curtains. It was impossible to hide your erections.

3. Airbnb has a very diverse offer. A few times I stayed here, and was very happy.

4. I advise you to place your request for information in the local forums. I am permanently banned there and cannot help you. They have devolved into a not very nice community, but you can still find there many guys who will help you. Check my reviews, I am not into muscles and bodybuilders, but Douglas has a perfectly sculpted body. Incidentally, he is a Carioca.

Many thanks, Latbear4blk.  Your info will help me to kick off my plans.  Douglas seems very hot, but I'm looking for someone more massive.  The local forum that you linked me to would be great, but I don't speak Spanish, unfortunately.  I'm gonna continue doing some research - and hopefully there will be some more guys on this forum who can provide some additional info.  Thanks again!

• Members
11 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

Recoleta is central; I've stayed in this barrio on three occasions in apartments which I obtained via a gay apartmental agency  whose specific name, unfortunately, escapes me.  Santa Fe Av is rather gay in certain blocks.  Again, I am unable to share specifics, for memory hinders this.  Check out https:// gaycities.com.  Also do a google check in terms of gay apartment rentals in Buenos Aires.  ...wish I knew the company I used, for they were excellent as well as quite reasonable.

gaycities.com/BuenosAires.  It should be of help to you as well.

Edited by axiom2001

On 3/16/2019 at 4:43 PM, fitboynyc said:

Many thanks!

Thanks, guys.  I'm good with 1, 2 and 3 - but I've turned up short in my research to find some bodybuilders ahead of time (no one really qualifies on soytuyo) (would have liked to have set something up before arriving, but maybe Grindr will prove to be good).

So, one last try - any specific bodybuilders/big muscle guys that anyone can think of/recommend?  Thanks again!

• Members

For  those of you looking for the cultural experience when traveling internationally, I have a recommendation in Buenos Aires:

https://www.pagina12.com.ar/406861-una-noche-en-el-puticlu

I will visit in June/July. Although I have not yet been in the bar, I know the report's author and recognize the tradition in which he is framing his description. Trust me, this place seems to be a perfect sample of an experience only found in very few South American big metropolis. 

I traveled to both Rio and BA in Feb 2020. It was my third visit to Buenos Aires.  I find Buenos Aires to be much more tamer than Rio, however BA is more cosmopolitan than Rio, which is a more back city with a  beach culture. Both are great cities to visit. 

I stayed at the Arc Arenales (apt/hotel) just on the outskirts of Recoleta, but in a quiet, residential area close and was very pleased with the accommodations. Large space, with good internet, quiet building,  with a kitchen, & a nice sized patio facing the courtyard.  Secure, modern building with a 24 hour front desk and a great value.

Also, when exchanging currency (dollars to pesos) you will get a much better rate using the 'blue rate'.  I exchanged dollars at a Western Union and a local cambio, and also at my hotel, for a much better exchange than the official rate. 

On 3/16/2019 at 4:43 PM, fitboynyc said:

Many thanks!

Take 100s in USD, it’s much easier to exchange them at the blue exchange. Def use cash as the blue rate is almost 2 to 1 better than if you use your credit card or get $ out of atm

• Members

I know Buenos Aires well (having spent more than a year there in total) but I haven’t been back in a few years. 

I’ve rarely seen big muscle guys there @fitboynyc but I did so twice in Recoleta. I too like the “ripped fitness model types” mentioned. I found them at Megatlon gyms in upmarket areas. The gym mentioned by @Latbear4blk was popular and known as gay. I did hookup there but I found more ‘model types’ at the Megatlon in the mall named Alto Palermo Shopping.