mvan1

Much shorter walk from Metro to new Lagoa

• Members

Rick and I went to the same Toronto gym. I wonder if he is in São Paulo and up to his old shenanigans, hoodwinking you about me. Basically in the merciless the Sascha Baron Cohen style, editing and cherry-picking for shits and giggles.

IMG_3920.PNG

Edited by Riobard

• Members
3 minutes ago, Riobard said:

Rick and I went to the same Toronto gym. I wonder if he is in São Paulo and up to his old shenanigans, hoodwinking you about me. Basically in the merciless the Sascha Baron Cohen style, editing and cherry-picking for shits and giggles.

IMG_3920.PNG

Can you be so kind as to tell me how your post relates to the Lagoa issue?

• Members

You cannot seriously be making ridiculous statements about me and the legitimacy of my Lagoa-related online finds, "treasures" perhaps to some but questionable in their importance and relevance, Lagoa-related based on your initiation of the Rodolfo-Edgard(e) theme, without some additional outside influence. I doubt that your mind can go there of its own accord. 

That idea reminded me of Mercer's show in which he made some of our neighbours look naïve and to possess distorted views about content that he hand-picked and manipulated for that purpose. 

The now ended TV show Big Bang Theory also comes to mind. 

--------

You should only engage as long as you are having fun over it.

Personally, I think that we can at times be too close and too caught up in defending our perceptions to be able to see what is in front of us. That can apply to anybody. I would say that I too learned something, but it is already an all too familiar heuristic. 

• Members
18 minutes ago, Riobard said:

Ah, OK, a relief ... then you should be able to find the content I discovered related to him and Rodolfo, though in that content regarding Edgard's estate the final 'e' is omitted. 

Given your propensity for posting attachments to many of your posts to the forum, I wonder why you continue to keep what you supposedly found, a secret.  That is a Rodolfo trait to keep secrets.  

Despite what you claim to have found, I will wait until tomorrow when I can access Lexis-Nexis and read actual copies of documents filed with the court.  This assumes the system of Lexis-Nexis is compatible with the American system we have in the U.S.  Supposedly, Brazil is now a member of Lexis-Nexis.  I previously posted a link that claimed Brazil has become an affiliate to Nexis-Lexis. 

There will be no need for more speculation about a move or new location.  I will see copies of actual documents that ignore speculation.

Yes, there could be a replacement sauna for Lagoa in process.  

However, the address of the replacement sauna is childishly kept a secret from anyone who asks Rodolfo for the address of the replacement sauna.  One has to wonder why he refuses to disclose the address.  The excuse Rodolfo offered for not telling where the new sauna will be makes little to no sense.  

Supposedly,  Lagoa will be moved to an existing sauna that was recently remodeled AS A SAUNA and which is going out of business.  That means, there is little to no remodeling required.  This contradicts excuses for delays in opening the replacement sauna from "sometime in October" to "the middle of November" and now until December 15th.   

The mystery will end if I can access the Lexis-Nexis tomorrow.  

Caution: Based on the Terms of Service with Lexis-Nexis, if there is anything highly confidential or if a non disclosure agreement exists, I cannot post that information to a public forum.  

If the information merely discusses delays and a true intent to open a replacement sauna, I can post that.   

If the files show an earnest attempt to open a replacement sauna with delays beyond the control of Rodolfo, I sincerely apologize for my doubting a move of Lagoa to a new location.  

Like I wrote in other posts, over the years, I have seen many saunas come into existence and many close for no obvious reason.  Nothing lasts forever. 

We shall see.  

• Members
19 minutes ago, Riobard said:

You cannot seriously be making ridiculous statements about me and the legitimacy of my Lagoa-related online finds, "treasures" perhaps to some but questionable in their importance and relevance, Lagoa-related based on your initiation of the Rodolfo-Edgard(e) theme, without some additional outside influence. I doubt that your mind can go there of its own accord. 

That idea reminded me of Mercer's show in which he made some of our neighbours look naïve and to possess distorted views about content that he hand-picked and manipulated for that purpose. 

The now ended TV show Big Bang Theory also comes to mind. 

--------

You should only engage as long as you are having fun over it.

Personally, I think that we can at times be too close and too caught up in defending our perceptions to be able to see what is in front of us. That can apply to anybody. I would say that I too learned something, but it is already an all too familiar heuristic. 

Are you aware that your post does not make any sense?  

If you have those supposed finds, post them!  Quite a simple thing to do. 

Edited by mvan1

• Members

Baron Cohen, according to my Netflix notices I find hard to keep up with, now stars in a highly related espionage drama. I assume it is a serious role in which search skill requirements exceed those of Bing and Google. I am not fully up on his history, but it may be a complete departure from his previous comedy typecast role choices. 

Guv'ner inn't?

Edited by Riobard

• Members

Maybe I'm missing something, and the fact that I'm an IT guy with no law background probably doesn't help....so sorry about the stupid question....but I am curious:

@mvan1 How are you going to get the place of the new sauna from LexisNexis? Isn't it supposed to store only court cases (buying a sauna or signing for a rent, shouldn't involve court)=

• Members

Frankly, I don’t understand why this blathering idiot is covering what he considers his “big Google discovery” in such a shroud of secrecy. Per usual, the socially inept, dottering old fool’s only real friend and connection to the outside world is a Google search engine, and this is just yet another lame attempt to seem like he is some insider who scooped us all.

Here’s the Google link to the Justice Report, which basically says nothing and reveals nothing. Read for yourselves, in Portuguese. It can also be translated into English in the Google translate engine on its browser.

It’s a big nothingburger.

Life here is so much more enjoyable with that blathering old fool now on “ignore”.

http://web.trf3.jus.br/diario/Consulta/BaixarPdf/20336

Edited by SolaceSoul

• Members
4 hours ago, likeohmygod said:

@mvan1 How are you going to get the place of the new sauna from LexisNexis? Isn't it supposed to store only court cases (buying a sauna or signing for a rent, shouldn't involve court)=

I did not say I would get the address of the new sauna from Lexus-Nexis. 

Go back to my post where I said:

On 9/28/2019 at 12:13 PM, Riobard said:

Well, it was no feat to find it, it took but a few minutes, but I feel I should hold back even though it is not inside info that was shared with me in confidence, and in Brazil such proceedings seem to be open-book in terms of what gets plunked onto the internet. So I have essentially no obligation to him.

But if the brothel move occurs soon and seamlessly after all, there seems to be no value in my revealing more, other than gossip-mongering (which I admit I need to own as far as opening a can of worms and arousing curiosity). The association did not occur to me.

Let's just wait to see the transfer outcome rather than jumping to conclusions about possible residual estate matters and the heretofore ambiguity and mystery of the prospective relocation of Lagoa. The legalese/PTG combo in the summary reports prevents me from making the same suppositions you understandably raised. 

If it turns out a post mortem is in order, we can go back to the drawing board in terms of whether coyness is the best course, or if I risk eviction from the league of gentlemen, or worse, accusations of fake news. 

This should keep a few of you busy. LOL

Even though you were playing a game on me, I ended up learning something from your game.   Therefore, all is well that ends well.  

I eventually remembered that the firm where I am affiliated in the U.S. is a Nexis-Lexis subscriber.  And I am an authorized user with my own password. 

I had no idea that as of a couple of years ago, Brazil legal documents became available to Lexis-Nexis.  

I tried to access the documents a little while ago but the Brazilian site is shut down until Monday. 

Once I get access, if the Brazil site is similar to the U.S. site, I will be able to view each and every document submitted to the court for Edgarde's estate.   With Lexis-Nexis in the U.S., we can view any and all court documents filed with the court clerk.  I hope and assume one can do the same with the Brazilian documents.  We will see.

In addition, if there is currently a dispute filed between Rodolfo and Edgarde's estate about Lagoa, I will be able to view that also. 

Depending on the sensitivity of the issues, I might not report back here.  However, if, as Rodolfo said, the estate is closed and he now owns 100% of Lagoa, I can report that. 

The documents might even show the address for the alleged "new location" if there really is a new location.:

In the U.S., Lexus-Nexis contains only documents actually filed with the court.  What I said is shown above in large letters.  I said the documents MIGHT even show the address - - - - -

-

On 9/28/2019 at 12:13 PM, Riobard said:

Well, it was no feat to find it, it took but a few minutes, but I feel I should hold back even though it is not inside info that was shared with me in confidence, and in Brazil such proceedings seem to be open-book in terms of what gets plunked onto the internet. So I have essentially no obligation to him.

But if the brothel move occurs soon and seamlessly after all, there seems to be no value in my revealing more, other than gossip-mongering (which I admit I need to own as far as opening a can of worms and arousing curiosity). The association did not occur to me.

Let's just wait to see the transfer outcome rather than jumping to conclusions about possible residual estate matters and the heretofore ambiguity and mystery of the prospective relocation of Lagoa. The legalese/PTG combo in the summary reports prevents me from making the same suppositions you understandably raised. 

If it turns out a post mortem is in order, we can go back to the drawing board in terms of whether coyness is the best course, or if I risk eviction from the league of gentlemen, or worse, accusations of fake news. 

This should keep a few of you busy. LOL

"  snip  -

The documents might even show the address for the alleged "new location" if there really is a new location. 

Lexis-Nexis is a wonderful tool and time saver - but it is expensive - It has a competitor that claims to be better but I am happy with Lexis-Nexis and see no reason to change to another provider. 

https://www.lexisnexis.com/uk/lexispsl/competition/document/391332/5BJ4-9351-F187-72BC-00000-00/Brazil_merger_control__2017_

-

Edited Saturday at 07:24 PM by mvan1
Edited Saturday at 07:24 PM by mvan1

• Members

This is easier and a bigger hoot than shooting fish in a barrel of monkeys. LOL

I think that even Rodolfo would be pissing himself, and not due to an unexpected sneeze as oft occurs for me. I have great respect for Magnificent Obsessions, but please please do not let the Lagoa question steamroll you as flat as a tapioca crepe.

I make no claim to the relevance of what can be easily unearthed. As an old geezer, please excuse my reckless and sloppy smear redaction of a miniscule slice of overall content appended.

My demented recollection was that a Board member generated rumour-grade suppositions about the possible association between a deceased stakeholder and a surviving stakeholder impacting on the future of a beloved whorehouse.

I am sure it is nothing, as I continue to think about it in passing since I stumbled upon content a few days ago. Nevertheless, I will forthwith attend a Knowledge Anonymous meeting and ackowledge the characterological deficit of being drunk with the power of overblown illusory knowledge. Blather, blather, et cetera et cetera.

IMG_3932.PNG

• Members
1 hour ago, Riobard said:

This is easier and a bigger hoot than shooting fish in a barrel of monkeys. LOL

I think that even Rodolfo would be pissing himself, and not due to an unexpected sneeze as oft occurs for me. I have great respect for Magnificent Obsessions, but please please do not let the Lagoa question steamroll you as flat as a tapioca crepe.

I make no claim to the relevance of what can be easily unearthed. As an old geezer, please excuse my reckless and sloppy smear redaction of a miniscule slice of overall content appended.

My demented recollection was that a Board member generated rumour-grade suppositions about the possible association between a deceased stakeholder and a surviving stakeholder impacting on the future of a beloved whorehouse.

I am sure it is nothing, as I continue to think about it in passing since I stumbled upon content a few days ago. Nevertheless, I will forthwith attend a Knowledge Anonymous meeting and ackowledge the characterological deficit of being drunk with the power of overblown illusory knowledge. Blather, blather, et cetera et cetera.

IMG_3932.PNG

If anyone has any idea what this means could you please explain it to me?

• Members
18 minutes ago, Lucky said:

I'll let you queens go back to fighting each other. You live here but you can't get along.

There you go again, getting most things wrong. 

Other than for Riobard posting fake assertions, no one is fighting, as you erroneously wrote.

People are curious about the sauna Lagoa.  Many from this forum like that place.  We were told there would be a replacement for the sauna because the sauna building is slated for demolition to build apartments on the land. 

The current owner, Rodolfo, continues to keep secret the replacement address for the new sauna.   He also continues to postpone the date of opening the replacement sauna. 

We are exchanging information along with some goofy information provided by riobard. 

I think only you would conclude that a "fight" was in progress. 

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/misanthrope

Edited by mvan1

i will try to put the speculation to rest! there is a location and building that Rudolfo has leased!  As everyone who has delt with or knows someone who has done business space remodeling, it NEVER goes as planned or according to the time line!  I have seen the location it is not as big as Lagoa, but i am sure there will be plenty enough room to enjoy yourselves! There will be the usual gripes and comparisons to the old lagoa but in the end it is a lot better then having another sauna disappear without being replaced, so have a Caipirinha and enjoy!

Edited by tomcal

• Members
29 minutes ago, Tomcal said:

i will try to put the speculation to rest! there is a location and building that Rudolfo has leased!  As everyone who has delt with or knows someone who has done business space remodeling, it NEVER goes as planned or according to the time line!  I have seen the location it is not as big as Lagoa, but i am sure there will be plenty enough room to enjoy yourselves! There will be the usual gripes and comparisons to the old lagoa but in the end it is a lot better then having another sauna disappear without being replaced, so have a Caipirinha and enjoy!

Hi, do you recall the name of the street of the replacement sauna?

Is Rodolfo taking over the sauna that was opened about a year ago but is failing financially?

So many secrets and contradictions.  Rodolfo does not have the best reputation for honesty.  

• Members
1 hour ago, Tomcal said:

Mvan  i do not remember what street but i can find out!  I was with 2 Brasilerios and one of them was driving so i didn’t pay attention to the name of the street.

Thanks  - 

By the way, did you go inside?

If so, was the building already an existing sauna?