rtu123

First-timer in Rio - EXPERIENCE

• Members

Awesome report!!! Brazil can get pretty addictive, I feel as though i can never get enough!!! When is your next trip.

Just a side note: There are several things that you could do with a guy in Rio and in other cities in Brazil. All the things that you mentioned are in Brazil as well. 

• Members

Very good report, especially for a first-timer. I have nothing to critique. As a fellow connoisseur of muscle, I give you an A on your report.

Also, there are some very sharp garotos at the saunas. Some are entrepreneurs and some are students working their way through university. One of my favorites at 117 was the top student in his STEM major last year, and he is quite knowledgeable about many subjects, including world history and world politics. Another I know fairly well ran for political office (yes, while working as a garoto!). 

• Members

Brazil and Thailand are my main holiday destinations. I been to the former 9 times and the latter about 12. To compare the two is an interesting exercise. I certainly agree that you feel far safer in Thailand, indeed I have never felt a hint of danger. Brazil is altogether a different story. As for, let’s not mince words, the sex scene Brazil has it all. For someone of mature years nothing in the world beats the Brazilian saunas. I have read reports of people who thought the adulation was exaggerated but once experienced came out with comments like they felt like a kid in a candy store or thought they had died and gone to heaven. The gay scene in Bangkok, as I have reported here has deteriorated. The Internet has changed everything. However nothing beats the vibrancy and “colour” of an Asian city like Bangkok and I will return but with some regrets about its former gay glory.

Let me try to make it clear what I mean when I say that there is nothing to do in Rio with a guy. Sure, there is a lot of things to do, but...

In Thailand I always stayed in nice hotels with swimming pool, etc. I didn't find a hotel to stay in Rio. First, I think they are overpriced comparing to Thailand and look not too good. Second, I smoke and couldn't find a hotel where I may smoke (I sent many messages via booking.com and got no reply). Third, I don't like the idea that in some hotels I can't have a joiner in my room. 

If you stay in a hotel, you can just relax near swimming pool. I especially liked sitting there alone while my friend is working out in gym. In Brazil I stayed in appartment, so it was not the case.

When you stay in Pattaya (my favourite), Phuket, Phi Phi, Koh Samet, Koh Chang, Ao Nang, etc - these places are resorts with that specific resort ambience which I like. Thousands of tourists from all over the world. 24 hours action 7 days a week. I didn't feel like that in Rio. 

Even in Bangkok if you stay in Silom area you can visit Babylon, DJ station, dozens of a go-go bars, world trade center, massage parlours, lumpini, take a night walk along silom road trying local food or go to Kao San Rd,  red lights sois in Sukhumvit Rd, etc.

It does not mean that I do not like Rio! I love it. Loved it that much that I bought a ticket the next day I came back home. I just want to point out that it is not same and it is not a resort city.

Anyway in two weeks I didn't find time to visit Christ the Redeemer or Jardin Botanico, which I wanted to. I've been only to Pao de Acugar and Maracana, Centro and Lapa (I liked walking in Lapa just looking around) and, of course, Copacabana and Ipanema. I also wanted to visit aerospace museum, but I was told that the area is very unsafe and it's better to avoid going there.

As to my stolen phone - it happenned on the second day.

I took metro to go to Ipanema and put my money to the waterproof belt wallet. I do not remeber where I put the appartment key. A friend sent me a message and right after I had read it the phone battery died. So I put it to my pocket and didn't check it for a long time - I knew it's off

Coming back from the beach I found out and that the money is ok, but no phone, and - bingo - no appartment key. No owner's phone number -it was in my phone.

I couldn't explain to the doorman that I need the appartment owner's phone - no English at all. Finally an english speaking neighbour came and we managed to find a phone and call the owner. He told me he'll bring the key in an hour or two. So I went to Club 117 to relieve my stress, came back to the appartment and my key arrived soon

That way I learned that you must not forget about safety issues in Rio and may be it was good because after that I was careful

My friend taught me how I should do

Some small money in your front shirt pocket inside pack of cigarettes. Key, phone, money - in the belt wallet

There were several situations when he pointed out what I should never do

For example, when we were in disco, I put my drink on a table and started to dance. He said that I shouldn't do like that because somebody can put something to my drink

When I was entering my appartment building with that electronic key, a man approached from the back. I didn't care about that, I though it was a neighbour. He really was, but he said never do like that, if somebody approaches to you, do not open the door, do not take your key from the pocket

When we were taking a ride in a bus I sat near an opened window with my new phone in my hand. Again - never do like that. That very morning he saw a young man who was outside the bus jumped and took a phone from hands of woman.

And so on...

Buy the way - can pro visitors to Brazil teach me how to get a man from the beach? How it works? I mean sex for for money

Guys in 117 told me that the beach is for gay men to meet, not for paid sex. Is this true?

• Members

In discussing Thailand (where I am right now) and Brazil its worth noting that the Thai Bhat is at around a 6 year high whereas the BRL is close to multi year lows. I’m definitely finding it relating expensive here albeit an in koh samui which tends to be more expensive than rest of Thailand ... nothing happening here to warrant s BT trip report unfortunately !!

• Members

Rtu123 raises an excellent point about the differences in hotel accommodation between Rio and Thai cities such as Bangkok and Pattaya. I defy anyone to name a city of comparable standing as Rio which has a more appalling choice of accommodations. Things have improved very marginally in recent years with the Fasano and the Emiliano and the renovation of the Copacabana Palace but the pickings are very lean. Compare that with Bangkok where there is a bewildering range of 5 star hotels and they continue to sprout like mushrooms. We part company on smoking policy. One of the great joys of travelling these days for those of us who detest smoking is staying in non smoking hotels.

• Members
1 hour ago, sydneyboy1 said:

Rtu123 raises an excellent point about the differences in hotel accommodation between Rio and Thai cities such as Bangkok and Pattaya. I defy anyone to name a city of comparable standing as Rio which has a more appalling choice of accommodations. Things have improved very marginally in recent years with the Fasano and the Emiliano and the renovation of the Copacabana Palace but the pickings are very lean. Compare that with Bangkok where there is a bewildering range of 5 star hotels and they continue to sprout like mushrooms. We part company on smoking policy. One of the great joys of travelling these days for those of us who detest smoking is staying in non smoking hotels.

While the Marriott is not comparable to the Fasano or Emiliano, it is in a decent area and it has nice accommodations with many nice restaurants nearby. 

You are allowed visitors if you desire. 

The hotel rates are not that high when you realize you are getting a good hotel across the street from the ocean and in a good area.   

A large portion of the hotel has been upgraded.   If you have status with Marriott, you will most likely get one of the upgraded rooms.  

Try it, you might like it.  

Edited by mvan1

• Members
15 hours ago, rtu123 said:

Buy the way - can pro visitors to Brazil teach me how to get a man from the beach? How it works? I mean sex for for money

Guys in 117 told me that the beach is for gay men to meet, not for paid sex. Is this true?

As one of the “pro visitors” who has done this before, and is also much closer to hiring what you like, I could probably give you a few tips, but you’d have to send me a private message to discuss. Since I’m a pure capitalist at heart, my payment for my services would be that you can privately share with me a few of your stories. 

On 9/16/2019 at 7:01 PM, rtu123 said:

Let me try to make it clear what I mean when I say that there is nothing to do in Rio with a guy. Sure, there is a lot of things to do, but...

In Thailand I always stayed in nice hotels with swimming pool, etc. I didn't find a hotel to stay in Rio. First, I think they are overpriced comparing to Thailand and look not too good. Second, I smoke and couldn't find a hotel where I may smoke (I sent many messages via booking.com and got no reply). Third, I don't like the idea that in some hotels I can't have a joiner in my room. 

If you stay in a hotel, you can just relax near swimming pool. I especially liked sitting there alone while my friend is working out in gym. In Brazil I stayed in appartment, so it was not the case.

When you stay in Pattaya (my favourite), Phuket, Phi Phi, Koh Samet, Koh Chang, Ao Nang, etc - these places are resorts with that specific resort ambience which I like. Thousands of tourists from all over the world. 24 hours action 7 days a week. I didn't feel like that in Rio. 

Even in Bangkok if you stay in Silom area you can visit Babylon, DJ station, dozens of a go-go bars, world trade center, massage parlours, lumpini, take a night walk along silom road trying local food or go to Kao San Rd,  red lights sois in Sukhumvit Rd, etc.

It does not mean that I do not like Rio! I love it. Loved it that much that I bought a ticket the next day I came back home. I just want to point out that it is not same and it is not a resort city.

Anyway in two weeks I didn't find time to visit Christ the Redeemer or Jardin Botanico, which I wanted to. I've been only to Pao de Acugar and Maracana, Centro and Lapa (I liked walking in Lapa just looking around) and, of course, Copacabana and Ipanema. I also wanted to visit aerospace museum, but I was told that the area is very unsafe and it's better to avoid going there.

As to my stolen phone - it happenned on the second day.

I took metro to go to Ipanema and put my money to the waterproof belt wallet. I do not remeber where I put the appartment key. A friend sent me a message and right after I had read it the phone battery died. So I put it to my pocket and didn't check it for a long time - I knew it's off

Coming back from the beach I found out and that the money is ok, but no phone, and - bingo - no appartment key. No owner's phone number -it was in my phone.

I couldn't explain to the doorman that I need the appartment owner's phone - no English at all. Finally an english speaking neighbour came and we managed to find a phone and call the owner. He told me he'll bring the key in an hour or two. So I went to Club 117 to relieve my stress, came back to the appartment and my key arrived soon

That way I learned that you must not forget about safety issues in Rio and may be it was good because after that I was careful

My friend taught me how I should do

Some small money in your front shirt pocket inside pack of cigarettes. Key, phone, money - in the belt wallet

There were several situations when he pointed out what I should never do

For example, when we were in disco, I put my drink on a table and started to dance. He said that I shouldn't do like that because somebody can put something to my drink

When I was entering my appartment building with that electronic key, a man approached from the back. I didn't care about that, I though it was a neighbour. He really was, but he said never do like that, if somebody approaches to you, do not open the door, do not take your key from the pocket

When we were taking a ride in a bus I sat near an opened window with my new phone in my hand. Again - never do like that. That very morning he saw a young man who was outside the bus jumped and took a phone from hands of woman.

And so on...

you said that you missed two very important and well known sites in Rio but it doesnt compare to Bangkok or Thailand...

Travel to both countries regularly and they don't really compare...

In my opinion, you should have ventured out MORE while in Rio to see more than the saunas and then you would have something to actually compare...'

Aside from the well known sites, there are tons of things to do in the HUGE city and surrounding areas of Rio that are interesting and different...

While I tend to go to the saunas daily on my much shorter trips, I have done other things as well...something you might try on your next trip, there is an island not far from Rio called Ilha da Gigoia...its beautiful...very nice restaurants and close to the malls in Barra...

Venture out...

I love the shopping, food, city sights of Bangkok but don't usually fuck Thai guys..PERIOD...

If you are more into muscular Asians or that is what you are used to, there you have it...

Brazilians in general are more fit and have more muscular toned bodies than the Thais or other Asians I saw in BKK...

Great report

19 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

Rio is still a developing third world country that...Developing is the key world

While Bangkok is very cheap and affordable, they also understand tourism and want to attract ANY and everybody....

They also have the wealthiest royal family in the world...

So while there are trashy, dirty places all over Bangkok, I have been to and seen some of the most upscale, elegant places as well..

Rio has them to, just not so much in the city center and definitely not in Gloria(interesting area to chose to stay)

9 hours ago, Tomcal said:

For the most part that is true! Guys are usually there with friends. I think all of us who are “veterans” of Brazil have picked up a guy or Three off the beach but definitely not for people who are new or not well acquainted with the Rio scene! i would highly recommend you stick to the sauna selections until you get to know some of the garotos well and they can advise you.  i gave this same advise to two guys from LA a few years ago, they were both in their 40’s, well built and gdlkg, and had travelled a lot, they of course didn’t listen to my advise and were staying at the Copacabana Palace. they went to the beach, picked up a couple of guys they spent the afternoon with at the beach and then invited them back to their hotel!  they awoke the the next morning with a headache from the “Boa Noite Cinderella” they had ingested and with everything of value stolen including clothes, shoes, etc. this in a hotel that has more stringent security then most! It makes no difference if you are gdlkg, well built, younger, they are not interested in you but only in what you have!   i have a apartment full of guys staying with me when i am in Rio or SP, BUT...I have 1)either known them for a long time or 2) they are referred by someone i trust 3)they are vouched for by one of my regulars! is this fool proof? nope nothing is but it certainly reduces your risk significantly! i have been doing this since i started using Airbnb’s around 2009 and have never had a problem(and that is a fairly large number of guys!)

have fun!

Keep letting these idiots think with their little heads...It's amazing how dumb somebody horny can be...(myself included, at one point in time)

3 hours ago, rtu123 said:

the problem is that sometimes I need sex in the first half of a day so badly that my brain is melting

Then you are setting yourself up to be an easy target, don't be surprised when somebody takes advantage of that melting brain...

Report back when it happens....

With all the free and paid sex in Rio, why make yourself an easy target in a third world country where your watch or cell phone are worth more than your life to some....Geez

• Members
1 hour ago, Badboy81 said:

In my opinion, you should have ventured out MORE while in Rio to see more than the saunas and then you would have something to actually compare...'

Aside from the well known sites, there are tons of things to do in the HUGE city and surrounding areas of Rio that are interesting and different...

While I tend to go to the saunas daily on my much shorter trips, I have done other things as well...something you might try on your next trip, there is an island not far from Rio called Ilha da Gigoia...its beautiful...very nice restaurants and close to the malls in Barra...

Venture out...

If you are more into muscular Asians or that is what you are used to, there you have it...

Brazilians in general are more fit and have more muscular toned bodies than the Thais or other Asians I saw in BKK...

Great report

I enjoyed reading your post, for before you left, you asked questions; some of us responded (in various ways based on experience) to them.  You encountered many positives and a few negatives from which you now know how to operate when you return. 

Brazil (Rio) especially is addictive, as well as at times,sometimes daunting, depending on the circumstances.

Return to "The Marvelous City," and do venture out as Badboy81 mentioned in the highlighted area and I in a private to you before you left. It'll only enrich you.

A friend of mine whom I met in Rio during my last trip a few years back just recently returned to Rio where he managed to stay for almost a month.  He did "the sauna scene" and apparently had garotos over on a daily basis,  but almost each day he would post on Facebook where he was or went during that particular day.  His photos recaptured some of the experiences that I had when I managed to travel there as well as expose me to a lot of the unknown which is there for me to explore.  Hope to return in '20 or '21.

I've been to Thailand on three or four occasions, but as another poster mentioned-- the two cultures and nations about which you wrote are definitely different. 

Now that you been to the largest country in South America and to its supreme city, experience and enjoy but try NOT to compare.  Appreciate the uniqueness of both.

Obrigado!  I'll await to read reports from you when you endeavor to travel to Brazil again.  :)

On 9/18/2019 at 3:26 AM, Badboy81 said:

Brazilians in general are more fit and have more muscular toned bodies than the Thais or other Asians I saw in BKK

Not to mention dick sizes.....I know (from experience) that there are big dicks in Thailand....just they are the exception, whereas Brasil is the norn,lol
I'll never forget walking down Silom in BKK one night and running into Rodolfo from Lagoa, He's a HUGE size queen. I asked what's the owner of the most famous sauna in Brasil, filled with big dicks doing in Thailand. He told me not to worry, the guy with him was the winner of  the big cock show from a gogo bar!

• Members

Hi rtu123,

Thanks so much for the trip report - I think you did an excellent job.  Everytime you quoted the cost/price for something - I enter it into a currency converter and and outloud would say "OH MY GOD"! Everything seems so reasonably priced. I also liked that you included some of the not so fun stuff. Your report really helped me imagine what kind of fun and expectations I would have there.  So thanks again!  Excellent report!