12is12

Dominican Republic: anyone familiar with this website & guy?

I have not met him but the information is mostly sound but not perfect.

1.  The DR is NOT in the middle of the Carribean. I get so tired of American weather people who say that the Bahamas are in the Caribbean. NO, they are in the Atlantic and the Arc of the greater and lesser Antilles divide the Atlantic from the Caribbean. Puerto Plata is on the Atlantic, Santo Domingo is on the Caribbean. Jamaica is,  actually,  entirely in the Caribbean. Granted, it's a very common error.

2. There is a public party beach in Santo Domingo called Guibia it is on the western ed of the Malecon Blvd. It is not a lush tourist beach, almost totally locals but it exists.

3. The hair thin differences between Bugarron ad Sake-Panky is usually restricted to sociology texts. My advice is to Never use either term - he's your amigo - pure and simple. God's sake don't use the term with a guy your interested in.

4. Finally, I gather that Casa Sanchez is a big advertising source and it is a nice  place - Adam Suites is a desperate dump run by an expat Cuban America with grandiose dreams that have never materialized. 

• Members
4 minutes ago, paborn said:

3.   The hair thin differences between Bugarron ad Sake-Panky is usually restricted to sociology texts. My advice is to Never use either term - he's your amigo - pure and simple. God's sake don't use the term with a guy your interested in.

4. Finally, I gather that Casa Sanchez is a big advertising source and it is a nice  place - Adam Suites is a desperate dump run by an expat Cuban America with grandiose dreams that have never materialized. 

My decade of experiences taught me that buggarone is considered a slur when used in the face of the person it is intended for, and is meant to describe the street hustlers. I have also never heard the term buggarone used to describe a street hustler who has sex with female tourists for money. Sanky is viewed as less of a slur, but can still be considered offensive to the ones it is intended for. It doesn’t really describe a street hustler, but more of a working guy out to get money from unsuspecting female or male tourists by feigning love interest or having sex with them. 

Neither term should be used in polite company or to address a Dominican man, even if you think he might be one of these.

Regarding the mentioned hotels, I agree. The webmasters probably gets a referral for bringing clients to Casa Sanchez. I don’t really have much good to say about Adam Suites. There are better accommodations in the area.