JKane

Streaming suggestions thread...

• Members
2 hours ago, tassojunior said:

Finished Tiger King (of course), Westworld and Better Call Saul.

Pinky Blinders is very very good but you'll need English subtitles for the Bummingham. 

Does Westworld ever redeem itself, because I've been done for a while...

There's a new Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex I'm looking forward to watching...

I love Christina Applegate. The show is slow to start and it takes some time to get into. But, I enjoyed it for the most part. I do think every single character is totally fucked up. So, fucked up, that I feel normal. Maybe that is why I enjoyed it. It is a bit of a train wreck. But, I watched both seasons.

• Members

The Guardian online gives rave review to White Lines on Netflix. "There’s sex, drugs and retro rave anthems aplenty in this brilliant new drama from the creator of Money Heist, which offers gloriously lurid fun." It takes place in Ibiza.

• Members

I just finished seasons 1 & 2 of You on Netflix.  It has a bit of a Dexter vibe to it.

I also liked Good Girls.  Watched the first two seasons on Netflix and was able to watch season 3 via a combo of on demand and DVR.

HBO's Barry is great.  Very funny.  It's about the struggles of a hit man who wants to quit killing and live a normal life rather unsuccessfully.

And I'm currently watching The Morning Show via Apple TV.  Very enjoyable so far.  Great acting. 

Looking forward to seeing Hollywood soon too!

• Members
On 4/25/2020 at 7:28 PM, TotallyOz said:

What sports can you watch now?  I am being serious. I didn't think anything was still going on.

ESPN and other networks are showing basketball, football, baseball, tennis from past seasons. Interesting to see David Freeze of the St. Louis Cardinals win a World Series with two key hits late in the game with his team down to the final out.

• Members

Netflix or HBO?  I can't remember which, but two streaming programs that I'd highly, highly recommend are UNORTHODOX and MY BRILLIANT FRIEND.  Both are stellar.  The former has five episodes thus far; the latter ran for two seasons and is based on the actual life of the author, I think or perhaps can't remember.  But at any rate, do tune in and enjoy immensely.

I've been overdosing during the month of May on gay films on Tubi (some free and some for a fee as low as $3.99.)  ...have seen a few in movie theaters i.e. TAXI KUM LO (which disturbed me when I first saw it back many years ago).  When I viewed it about two weeks ago-- I wasn't bothered.  I think I must have become oblivious to the scene that was troubling.

Edited by axiom2001

• Members

The Midnight Gospel, in Netflix. Nothing gay, just an amazing piece of audiovisual poetry. Duncan Trussell recycles some of the conversations in his podcast about different existentialist topics, and illustrates them with the psychedelic adventures of a podcaster (he has a spacecast) throughout a virtual reality multiverse. I liked it a lot. If you do not like the first episodes, skip to the last one. I watched it twice, and cried both times.

• Members

II watched the first episode of Devs, felt like a stupid person's idea of a smart show.  Throws some big words and ideas around but then misses the point or leaves gaping holes... meh.  

Did watch the new Ghost in the Shell on Netflix.  It's got a very interesting story but the music isn't as memorable as all past Ghost in the shell and the animation feels like it's all in a game engine (entirely possible) and worse, animated with a gamepad.  

• Members
On 5/7/2020 at 10:29 PM, tassojunior said:

Finished Tiger King (of course), Westworld and Better Call Saul.

Pinky Blinders is very very good but you'll need English subtitles for the Bummingham. 

Just finished season 1 of Perky Blinders.  I'll continue watching and 2nd the suggestion of English Subtitles.

• Members
On 5/4/2020 at 11:32 AM, Latbear4blk said:

I am finding pleasure not only in the new stuff I am discovering, but also in revisiting classics. Do you remember when HBO was still Home Box Office?

Thanks for the memories.  What a great show and what a great cast!