JKane

Streaming suggestions thread...

• Members
On 12/30/2020 at 3:01 PM, JKane said:

Also watched The Midnight Sky on Netflix...

Well, it perfectly captures 2020 at least.  It is gorgeous, ponderous (many say slow), and interesting.  But I wouldn't say I'm better or happier for having watched it.  

A pretentious big snooze for me.

• Members
On 8/28/2020 at 3:58 PM, Latbear4blk said:

Have you seen this, guys? If you are into science fiction, and Ridley Scott, you are probably biting your fingers as I am. I cannot wait.

If you like sci-fi, I would also suggest Travelers on netflix.  It got cancelled after 3 seasons but the end of Season 3 acts well as a finale.  It also stars Will (too lazy to google his real name) from Will and Grace.

• Members
On 8/24/2020 at 12:14 PM, JKane said:

I caught up on Umbrella Academy.  Enjoyed it, most say S2 was better than S1 but it seemed a touch more boring for me.  Really missed Cha Cha and Hazel.  

I really liked it too and I think Season 2 was definitely better overall.

• Members
On 8/14/2020 at 6:02 PM, tassojunior said:

Christopher Nolan's Insomnia

Downloaded and enjoyed Insomnia very much. As a fellow Robin Williams fan have you seen his last picture Boulevard 2014.

His character has an empty closeted life and emotional relationship with a male hustler...he was excellent...but some critics found his performance lacking. It's a small low budget movie and a gem in my book.

On 2/18/2021 at 11:29 PM, Anzabor31 said:

Recommend “Ted Lasso” on Apple Plus....especially the locker room scenes with the sweaty hairy chested football captain!

This was such a good show. It’s funny but has some great poignant moments. I hope they find a way to make a second season.

On 1/8/2021 at 7:47 AM, canario299 said:

The Serpent - bbc  / netflix. Interesting series on Charles sobhraj and a vivid reconstruction of Bangkok in the 70s. Very dark but worth a watch (although it could do without the timeline jumping all over the place)

The Serpent was excellent, although I found that I had to concentrate or I would lose the thread of the story.

• Members

Read and liked the books but don't remember specifics.  

Amazing VFX, probably the best "television" VFX of the year...  

Some cool story ideas, I enjoyed, some don't.  I'll watch more.  I refuse to pay for AppleStreaming though so I torrent it.  

• Members

Operation Hyacinth ,  a  crime thriller on Netflix.  
There are plot twists and more.  

A very good movie out of Poland.  

Don't watch the trailers.  They all stink IMO, and also spoil too much. 

It is not a "gay movie" per se, but there is gay subject matter.  

operation-hyacinth-483468-670x377.jpg

milkowski-miniaturka.png

• Members

I was VERY DISSAPOINTED by Foundation.  First episode was interesting and then NOTHING HAPPENS through the end of the season even the finale episode!   

https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/09/24/foundation-is-beautiful-lavish-and-boring-say-reviews

Can't believe it already has a second season green-lit.  I wonder if anything's going to change now that everybody's fallen asleep through the rest of the season...