JKane

Password stopped working...

• Members

I had the same thing happen a few days ago.  Reset my password and could log in again.  What was weird is I could log in to Boytoy and see profile and messages, but could not log into the forum.  I kept trying, and it eventually locked me out for 15 minutes.

My old passwords was six characters and when I set up a new one there are different requirements - like at least 8 characters, caps, etc.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

On 9/13/2020 at 5:22 PM, TotallyOz said:

The forum software had an upgrade and it is reeking havoc on the system as we had auto login established and it is no longer working. The programmers are trying to fix this. But, it make take some time.

This latest Invision version is rife with bugs.

You might consider (a) rolling back to the last version, and (b) demanding your money back.

:angry:

• Members

Yeah.  Since late last week every time I sign I have to reset my password.

What I tried today is just using my original password as the reset, which is a six character password.  When I go through the reset process there's a little popup box that says 8 to 72 characters, use caps, special characters, etc.  It does not indicate that you need to follow all these rules in order for the password to work, however.  So the first reset I did several days ago I entered an 8 character password that did not include a special character, and it logged me in.  But it clearly did not remember that password, because the next day the new password did not log me in.  Today I just reset to my old six character password, and it logged me in.  I assume after I log out I will have to reset again tomorrow.  So for now I'll just plan that I have to reset my password every time I log in.  And I'll just keep using the same old password and see if it works.  At least the reset process itself id relatively simple. 

As Oz said it seems like the issue is the system does not automatically remember my password.  Although the odd thing as I said above is that my old password does log me in to Boytoy itself, and I can see my user profile.  But then when I click on the Forum I'm not logged in.  And when I try to login again in the Forum it's not recognizing the password.  It's just fucked up.  Good luck, Oz.

• Members
1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

I hope new members do not get frustrated. 

Honestly!  Us old members were here first.

600-01716118en_Masterfile.jpg

Speaking of frustrations, how I envy you guys who can't log in!  Starting about a year ago, I couldn't log out.  I tried it from the Forums, I tried it from the Main Page, I reloaded the pages before, during and after and I even tried it standing on my head.  No matter what I did, I was still logged in.  If that weren't enough, each time I returned to the Forums, I got a beep notifying me that someone had just responded to a post I made a week ago.

I figured this was something deep within the site's plumbing and maybe if I stayed away a few months it would heal itself.

No such luck.  On my return, logging out is still hit-or-miss but I did stumble on a workaround that seems to improve my odds a little.

u3DaXDi.png

• Members

For months I had to clear my history to log out, but it meant having to later enter all other sites from scratch, not recognition. Then I took a break. 

Before and now, randomly it seems, my log in gets a prompt indicating unsuccessful when in fact the log in worked, or sometimes I have to log in the main page, rejected, then successful when logging on the forums page.

The problem logging out seems to have resolved.

’We are all in this together.’ LOL

• Members
Just now, Riobard said:

For months I had to clear my history to log out, but it meant having to later enter all other sites from scratch, not recognition. Then I took a break. 

Before and now, randomly it seems, my log in gets a prompt indicating unsuccessful when in fact the log in worked, or sometimes I have to log in the main page, rejected, then successful when logging on the forums page.

The problem logging out seems to have resolved.

’We are all in this together.’ LOL

Edited by Riobard

8 hours ago, lookin said:

Honestly!  Us old members were here first.

600-01716118en_Masterfile.jpg

Speaking of frustrations, how I envy you guys who can't log in!  Starting about a year ago, I couldn't log out.  I tried it from the Forums, I tried it from the Main Page, I reloaded the pages before, during and after and I even tried it standing on my head.  No matter what I did, I was still logged in.  If that weren't enough, each time I returned to the Forums, I got a beep notifying me that someone had just responded to a post I made a week ago.

I figured this was something deep within the site's plumbing and maybe if I stayed away a few months it would heal itself.

No such luck.  On my return, logging out is still hit-or-miss but I did stumble on a workaround that seems to improve my odds a little.

u3DaXDi.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prune

:P

On 9/16/2020 at 12:08 AM, AdamSmith said:

This latest Invision version is rife with bugs.

You might consider (a) rolling back to the last version, and (b) demanding your money back.

:angry:

Inversion is not going to give you, an individual customer, any satisfaction.

You just have to cut cords after finding  someone more competent.

If it’s worth your business interests. It may not be. If so, ok.

• Members
On 9/16/2020 at 5:23 PM, stevenkesslar said:

Yeah.  Since late last week every time I sign I have to reset my password.

What I tried today is just using my original password as the reset, which is a six character password.  When I go through the reset process there's a little popup box that says 8 to 72 characters, use caps, special characters, etc.  It does not indicate that you need to follow all these rules in order for the password to work, however.  So the first reset I did several days ago I entered an 8 character password that did not include a special character, and it logged me in.  But it clearly did not remember that password, because the next day the new password did not log me in.  Today I just reset to my old six character password, and it logged me in.  I assume after I log out I will have to reset again tomorrow.  So for now I'll just plan that I have to reset my password every time I log in.  And I'll just keep using the same old password and see if it works.  At least the reset process itself id relatively simple. 

As Oz said it seems like the issue is the system does not automatically remember my password.  Although the odd thing as I said above is that my old password does log me in to Boytoy itself, and I can see my user profile.  But then when I click on the Forum I'm not logged in.  And when I try to login again in the Forum it's not recognizing the password.  It's just fucked up.  Good luck, Oz.

I am having the same issues: Thanks for the tip on the special character for the password. If someone did not add one, the system should not let it complete the signup. Strange.