SolaceSoul

New hustler bar in Santo Domingo, DR — Marlowe’s

• Members

I’m just paying it forward.

An expat in the DR from the USA recently opened up a very nice gay hustler bar in Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo. It’s named after him and it’s called Marlowe’s. He owns it and works there along with his regular staff of Dominicanos. His goal is to make it a higher-end version of the old Bar Friends hustler bar. He even has space in the back for clients to play with the “bugarrones”. It’s actually a nice set up, a very modern bar, and hopefully, it will survive the pandemic and more crowds (clients AND hustlers) will start frequenting. 

It has a ways to go to be the frequented hustler bar with the variety of bugarrones and sankies that would show up to the old Bar Friends and Jay Dee’s. But it’s a start, and with regular patrons and a regular flow of visitors, it should get there.

IG page: marlowesbar

FB page: Marlowe’s Bar

Google Maps: Marlowe’s 

Address: Calle Arzobispo Nouel 53, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic

• Members
21 hours ago, NoGagSuckerSF said:

Also curious what the scene is like at Paco's, both in terms of rent boys and hungry homo tourists who like them.

I have zero doubt that the scene at Paco's has changed one bit. Loads of hustlers and locals open to making coin on the side. That place is a revolving door of options. That is, if Paco's had a door :)

• Members
On 3/26/2022 at 10:08 PM, macdaddi said:

I have zero doubt that the scene at Paco's has changed one bit. Loads of hustlers and locals open to making coin on the side. That place is a revolving door of options. That is, if Paco's had a door :)

On 3/26/2022 at 10:08 PM, macdaddi said:

My fuzzy memory from March 2020 says the asking price was 2000RD, negotiable and all had dick pics to share.

Hottest muscle trade I saw then was a dude working the souvenir stand next door. When a fellow USA fag sucker saw me drooling over him, I was told to forget him. My buddy assured me he offered him $$ and was rejected.

• Members
On 3/28/2022 at 3:20 PM, NoGagSuckerSF said:

My fuzzy memory from March 2020 says the asking price was 2000RD, negotiable and all had dick pics to share.

Hottest muscle trade I saw then was a dude working the souvenir stand next door. When a fellow USA fag sucker saw me drooling over him, I was told to forget him. My buddy assured me he offered him $$ and was rejected.

I await your updated tales of Paco's. The last time I was there,the going rate was 1500RD and I remember two Chicago boys that I met at the Apolo sauna pulled a Will Smith because I was not speaking English with them. So that ended my time with them, but I did hook the bottom up with my contact Miguel so not sure if they are still together. True story. 

• Members
On 12/17/2020 at 12:27 PM, SolaceSoul said:

I’m just paying it forward.

An expat in the DR from the USA recently opened up a very nice gay hustler bar in Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo. It’s named after him and it’s called Marlowe’s. He owns it and works there along with his regular staff of Dominicanos. His goal is to make it a higher-end version of the old Bar Friends hustler bar. He even has space in the back for clients to play with the “bugarrones”. It’s actually a nice set up, a very modern bar, and hopefully, it will survive the pandemic and more crowds (clients AND hustlers) will start frequenting. 

It has a ways to go to be the frequented hustler bar with the variety of bugarrones and sankies that would show up to the old Bar Friends and Jay Dee’s. But it’s a start, and with regular patrons and a regular flow of visitors, it should get there.

IG page: marlowesbar

FB page: Marlowe’s Bar

Google Maps: Marlowe’s 

Address: Calle Arzobispo Nouel 53, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic

Many thanks for posting. So this location is basically wedged between Fugoo bar and the Apolo Sauna? Super interesting for this neighborhood. Curious to know if this is Anthony from Monaga.net that is the proprietor? Cause that makes it worth the flight, IMO.

• Members
15 hours ago, macdaddi said:

Many thanks for posting. So this location is basically wedged between Fugoo bar and the Apolo Sauna? Super interesting for this neighborhood. Curious to know if this is Anthony from Monaga.net that is the proprietor? Cause that makes it worth the flight, IMO.

No. It’s on we the block directly behind the Nacional supermarket, not on the end by the old Fogoo Bar. Also, Anthony has zero to do with this bar. Marlowe is the sole proprietor. 

• Members
1 hour ago, 12is12 said:

Should picking up guys at that bar make me feel security-wise calmer about taking them to my aprtmnt ?  

The backroom’s purpose is so that you don’t have to take them back to your apartment, which you will do AYOR.

Thanks for the warning;

I was hoping that maybe guys who regularly visit the bar, would not cause prblms at the client's place, bcs he would then share that info at the bar.

Guess I was mistaken.

Regarding the backroom, what's its nature?

Semi-privacy? Furniture? Sauna-like facilities?

What and how goes on there?

• Members
1 hour ago, 12is12 said:

I was hoping that maybe guys who regularly visit the bar, would not cause prblms at the client's place, bcs he would then share that info at the bar.

Marlowe is a bar owner, not a bordello madam. He might keep up people who cause his bar trouble, but he isn’t prone to monitor the activities of adult customers outside of his establishment.

If you want that kind of added protection, either make friends with or pay locals who can vouch for the guys you’re meeting. I think it’s wholly unreasonable to expect a person who simultaneously running a bar to do your adulting and homework for you. Especially when he is provided a safer space for your activities.

1 hour ago, 12is12 said:

Regarding the backroom, what's its nature?

Semi-privacy? Furniture? Sauna-like facilities?

What and how goes on there?

Ever been to a dark room in a cruise bar? It’s dark with a few booths with curtains. It has a few dimly lit areas for seating. There’s a small open-air smoking area before you get to the dark room. It’s not worth going into great detail. 

5 minutes ago, SolaceSoul said:

Marlowe is a bar owner, not a bordello madam. He might keep up people who cause his bar trouble, but he isn’t prone to monitor the activities of adult customers outside of his establishment.

If you want that kind of added protection, either make friends with or pay locals who can vouch for the guys you’re meeting. I think it’s wholly unreasonable to expect a person who simultaneously running a bar to do your adulting and homework for you. Especially when he is provided a safer space for your activities.

Ever been to a dark room in a cruise bar? It’s dark with a few booths with curtains. It has a few dimly lit areas for seating. There’s a small open-air smoking area before you get to the dark room. It’s not worth going into great detail. 

Thank u; that's all the description I needed.

HV, u DO know why; exactly what u wrote: they trade the comfort of a hotel/BnB-bed for the security of a bar. That's why I asked for details; I too would probably do that.

I m intrigued by the story u added. Did u mean that when guys did/do have IDs u host them at hotels that require that?

6 hours ago, 12is12 said:

HV, u DO know why; exactly what u wrote: they trade the comfort of a hotel/BnB-bed for the security of a bar. That's why I asked for details; I too would probably do that.

I m intrigued by the story u added. Did u mean that when guys did/do have IDs u host them at hotels that require that?

If guys DO NOT have Identification Most hotels will NOT allow them up.  Soooo, if you still want him; take him to Marlowes for half the cost.😁😆🤣