• Members

In preparation for for my first trip to Brazil this spring, I’ve been doing a good deal of reading here.  The plan was to spend 10 days split evening between SP and Rio but...  I recently started talking to an insanely attractive guy on IG that lives in Goiania.  He has the lean swimmers body and dark complexion that is everything I go for.  Exactly how bad of an idea is it for a newbie like me to try and wedge a 2 or 3 day excursion to Goiania into my trip so that I can spend some time with this guy?  Also, should I not click with the him or grown tired of him, how easy will it be to find other guys in Goiania?

I wouldn’t but that is the HO in me talking!!  U don’t want to be stuck for 3 das there if after the first hour with him u find out he not everything u are looking for!otr at least go to the saunas te first week and go to Goainia the end of your trip! U are kinda isolated there especially fora first time visitor!  just my 2 cents!

• Members

It is hard to weigh in because the agenda distinction between regular hookups and sex trade is not clear.

You may as well have asked: Hey fellow gay guys out there, should I bother to deviate from my plans to exclusively visit Montreal and Toronto during the CoV pandemic, as I met a hot guy online but he lives in Ottawa? 

The only possible answer: Follow your heart regarding goiânia to the ends of the earth; circle back to us about the guy’s 0-10 unicorn scale rating. 

Edited by Riobard

• Members

I, too, was going to suggest sponsoring the guy to Rio ... BUT you are then even more tied down if you don’t ‘click’. You would be probably in more of a host role. Given that element of concern already stated, your making a brief overnight visit early in the trip might lead to a spontaneous invitation for him to subsequently visit you, if he has the flex for leaving Goiânia on short notice.

The slight possibility of getting rooked by him over his flight fare is also more likely averted. Though that is not the kind of risk that would trouble me. 

I realize from another thread that you are sauna-explorative. If he appeals to you and is both hot and brothel wingman-accredited, it could be worthwhile. Good luck.

Also, bear in mind that missing out on São Paulo weeknights for Lagoa, etc might mean less lost opportunity, trading off Sampa time for Goian time, if a jaunt north is to occur during that visit portion. 

Edited by Riobard

• Members

Hey, I look on here for ideas of where to go and looked up Goiania. In addition to great sex, I love exploring interesting places.  I googled "What to do in Goiania and this was the result from lonelyplanet:

1. Botequim Mercatto:  a traditional Brazilian bar-restaurant with a  focus on upmarket food 

2. Celsin & Cia: Goianienses of all ilks drink in droves at this traditional boteco

3. Chão Nativo: Break out the calculator to help you choose between pay-by-weight or all-you-can-eat

4. Mönch Bier: Look for the eagle sign to find this worthwhile bar with an unparalleled domestic craft beer list

5. Truckland Foodpark; They've circled the food trucks here, which surround a casual patio of plastic seating

Literally this was at the top of the page...

So that better be some hot damn sex after you get back from the Truckland Foodpark!

(https://www.lonelyplanet.com/brazil/goiania/top-things-to-do)

• Members

I am a bit obsessed with a massage-with-benefits guy recently listed on Skokka in Goiânia, based on the ad and photos that smack of authenticity. I am not one to waste providers’ time if there is no prospect of imminent travel, in the same way that I do not hound Instagram models, but I would def reach out to this guy, if I were heading to São Paulo, for more data.

I am usually as keen for an interior side-trip as travel to a shwhore location. 

I understand that Pirenópolis and Cidade de Goiás are two colonial/gold towns worth visiting. Goiânia does not even get a mention in DK Eyewitness Travel. 

EED40798-C430-41F3-8818-5A1FB22899C8.jpeg

Edited by Riobard

• Members

Goiania is in my Top 5 of next places to check out in Brazil. But then I've been there many times so, overall, it's way down the list. I assume it would be big fat boring modern city, with some weird urban planning experiment, like Belo Horizonte. The colonial towns are a plus. I would tack Goias to any trip to adjacent Brasilia, which is an urban planning experiment so weird that everybody should experience it.

As with Brasilia, I'd expect Goiania's garoto scene to be small and quiet but with the possibility of finding one or two unexpected gems. Sexual excitement benefits from gambler's excitement, which requires striking out now and then. Goias is cattle country so maybe one can find something close to the cornfed Iowa look?