Connery43

Bangkok Gyms

• Members

Might anyone have a recommendation about a good gym near Silom?  

I'm looking for a gym where primarily gay guys work out

Edited by Connery43

Thanks.it is a gym right? I assume that there is no “action “ happened there,right?

12 minutes ago, London said:

I was in E&G gym - its exclusively gay (if that you are looking for). It is in Surawong, so not exactly Silom, but its not too far. For me it was a plus - to be sure that every male is definitely a gay. 

On 2/9/2021 at 10:55 AM, Connery43 said:

Might anyone have a recommendation about a good gym near Silom?  

I'm looking for a gym where primarily gay guys work out

The Cascade Club at The Ascott is great.There are also some Fitness Firsts in the area as well as a Virgin Gym.

• Members
9 hours ago, love18 said:

Thanks.it is a gym right? I assume that there is no “action “ happened there,right?

Yes, just a gym. Trainers are trying to get a t-shirts off to attract the customers, but nothing more. It is not like Tawan lol, just a regular gym but for gay people only

• Members
6 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

The Cascade Club at The Ascott is great.There are also some Fitness Firsts in the area as well as a Virgin Gym.

Cascade is great! But its for everyone, my idea was the topicstarter is asking about the place which is specifically gay, not just gay friendly. 

• Members
On 2/17/2021 at 4:25 AM, TotallyOz said:

Does having sex in the steam room there 20 times count if they are not gay? :)

Seems like, not gay anymore ? Especially if those 20 times were during one day lol. Have to visit them next time I’ll be in BKK. 
But to be serious, the topic-starter was asked abt some place with “no action”, right? 

• Members

Has anyone tried the Lumpini Youth Center & Sports Club?  It's located inside Lumpini Park, near the Rama IV/Silom Rd entrance.  It's open to all ages, membership is cheap (40 THB per year?) but they may require a medical certificate.  I think christianpfc has written about it on his blog.

Also, in Lumpini Park, don't forget the outdoor pumping iron 'ghetto gym'.

HZBgPSj49EeGVut5pl5pQ9v9N5kP6liSiLuuRr9A

American fitness chains pester the customer with a questionnaire so that the product can be sold to him as expensively as possible before there is any thought of answering his questions. Horrible. And then all the superfluous stuff like coffee and films, dear God, who cares?

This modest and small gym is mixed, and I liked it immediately. After the work out, I could turn to one of my favourite activities just around the corner.

Fitness Thaniya

9th Floor, Thaniya Plaza,

52 Silom Road

Suriyawongse Bangrak

02 231 2250

https://fitnessthaniya.business.site/

Fitness Thaniya was formerly known as the Clark Hatch Fitness Center when I first started coming to Bangkok. If you stayed at the Tarntawan Place Hotel you could buy a day pass (200 baht I think about 2002). It was a compact place with a nice pool Price included towels and laundered T-shirt and gym shorts that you returned upon leaving.

The memory is just one more that reminds me of how great bkk was when I was new to the town--and 19 years younger--and why we miss all the more now.

What's the cost of Thaniya fitness ?        I get annoyed when a website invites me to "Get a Quote" for a standardized product which ought to have a price list on the website.

In the UK and I believe, some other parts of Europe, the market growth seems to be in low cost Gym chains, with all the exercise equipment like weights, bicycles, running machines and all that kind of thing, but no pools.    These typically cost about £14.99 per month,  equivalent to 672 baht or just over 22 baht per day.  Also, no contract, beyond 1 month at time.   They are also profitable (except when covid forces shut downs).

I'd expect to see something competitive with this in Thailand.   

The last gym I used in Bangkok was at The Quarter Silom & was included in the 500 baht a night room rate. 

I'm not too sure on the current prices but these are from 2019, from memory all the times I went there over the years the price stayed much the same. As reader said, those that stayed at Tarntawan could get a discount day pass but not too sure if that's still available. I used to go to Bangkok for 4 weeks at a time and would take out a months membership, every day it would be an early workout in the gym followed by a good swim in the salt water pool.

Thaniya.jpg

Babylon is a hotel, and the rooms have an option of shared bath/shower which has led to cruisy encounters for a friend of mine. And then, of course, hotel guests have access to the cruise areas of the public areas. Hoping it will survive the pandemic!

Off topic, forgive me, but that saltwater pool at (the old Clark Hatch) Fitness Thaniya is amazing if anyone is looking for great pools while in Silom/Bangkok. The crowd is not exclusively gay or all-male, but it is a good mix of people. Great skyscraper views from the gym and pool area. 

• Members
3 hours ago, annualguy said:

Babylon is a hotel, and the rooms have an option of shared bath/shower which has led to cruisy encounters for a friend of mine. And then, of course, hotel guests have access to the cruise areas of the public areas. Hoping it will survive the pandemic!

Off topic, forgive me, but that saltwater pool at (the old Clark Hatch) Fitness Thaniya is amazing if anyone is looking for great pools while in Silom/Bangkok. The crowd is not exclusively gay or all-male, but it is a good mix of people. Great skyscraper views from the gym and pool area. 

I have some fond memories of the steam room at Clark Hatch. Not the Babylon but could be fun.

3 hours ago, annualguy said:

Babylon is dead, sad to say.