Tomcal

Brazil March 2021

Now that i got my vaccinations i am planning a return to Rio, Porto Alegre and São Paulo.  I haven’t been to POA for over a year and 1/2 so i am anxious to get back there! i spoke to the of the guys who i know there and we are having 6 guys to a party at the apartment i rent there and he sent me photos of each of the guys today! the guy organizing this also works at Mezziniu sauna which he said is still open. 

after the weekend in Porto Alegre i go to Rio for 7 days and then São Paulo for 3 days! the 

• Members
2 hours ago, trzinko said:

well i have the same idea....

but i still have my doubts. i got pfizer shots. but is vaccine good for brazilian mutation?

My calculated judgement is that piping in here is not hijacking, since vaccination is mentioned throughout. 

Lab studies wrt Pfizer/BioNTech’s vaccine are ongoing. For the SouthAfrican variant a brief report dropped in NEJM yesterday and a similar study of antibodies neutralizing the Brazilian spike protein variant (similar in mutations as the SA one) is occurring.

The antibody levels generated by this mutation, artificially engineered and introduced to blood samples of subjects in the study that had been inoculated for original wild type virus, were several times less than neutralizing antibodies produced against that initially circulating first generation CoV. The main problem is not knowing the threshold of neutralization antibodies for preventing infection and illness. 

The vaccine might be protective, analogous to the kind of reduced level of efficacy conferred in the earlier period following a single dose. It cannot be determined without human trials. 

C6AC614A-A16A-4230-968A-EEE0F9043864.jpeg

Edited by Riobard

• Members

Apologies, the 3rd paragraph above refers to the South African variant. 

If vaccination regarding some of these variants is only as good as the protection level given between the two doses on the recommended schedule, as you can see from the large Pfizer/BioNTech human trial’s symptomatic cases of infection it is not very good. 

Good luck and enjoy while staying safe.

D48A90AA-7931-48BF-B2CD-FF8B6EDB5E77.jpeg

• Members

this what i will write is not connected to vaccination... but it is from february 2021 and i did not want to open new topic.

some buys on instagram run different polls. like do you prefer sushi or pizza. this morning there was an interesting one.

on a question: would you have sex for money 65 % answered yes, 35 no.

on a question did you have sex with a person of a same sex 74 % answered yes, while 26 % said no.

obviously corona crisis made brazil enviroment even more attractive.

I am flying into Porto Alegre the first weekend i am in Brazil and the guys are planning a party at my apt. that evening and Saturday evening as well.  i did this my last trip and it worked great! i have known one of the guys for 4 years and he is the one who has all the contacts!  He is a bottom and his fee is getting fucked by everybody there! i pay for the beer and pizza and each guy gets $200.reias and usually it starts around 10:00pm and goes until everyone falls asleep!  He called today and wanted to know if 2 more guys could attend? i said no as 5 of us seems to work perfectly based on the last 5 or 6 parties i have done!

Hi guys - I’ve visited Brazil about 10 times...always Rio & Salvador.  But, my last trip was about 10 yrs ago.  I’m now 59 and in decent shape....wondering how I will be received at the saunas ?  I always noticed there were “older” Brazilian locals in the saunas and never seemed to be an issue. My overall take on Brazilian saunas was everyone welcome and it’s more about being friendly with a good attitude.  I’m just a little sensitive about getting older & and not having had any recent experiences in Brazil.  

Also, never had any security/safety incidents bc I tried to blend in w locals and knew the dos/don’ts in Brazil.  Once again tho ..as an older gringo traveling solo, wondering if any new measures need to be considered ?  I prefer luxury hotels because I like all the services and pools - just want to make sure I pick a property when guests are ok.  Always stayed in Ipanema on previous trips (at the old Caesar Park) ....but, now thinking Copacabana might be easier for easy access to Pointe. I’m guessing Copacabana Palace will never let the boys in, but I see online pics of boys frequently at new Fairmont. And see comments where JW is Marriott let’s them in too.

Any suggestions and/or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  I’ve had my vaccine shots and considering a late April trip. Maybe do both RIo and SP as I’ve never had the pleasure of visiting Lagoa :)

• Members
18 hours ago, Slvkguy said:

Hi guys - I’ve visited Brazil about 10 times...always Rio & Salvador.  But, my last trip was about 10 yrs ago.  I’m now 59 and in decent shape....wondering how I will be received at the saunas ?  I always noticed there were “older” Brazilian locals in the saunas and never seemed to be an issue. My overall take on Brazilian saunas was everyone welcome and it’s more about being friendly with a good attitude.  I’m just a little sensitive about getting older & and not having had any recent experiences in Brazil.  

Also, never had any security/safety incidents bc I tried to blend in w locals and knew the dos/don’ts in Brazil.  Once again tho ..as an older gringo traveling solo, wondering if any new measures need to be considered ?  I prefer luxury hotels because I like all the services and pools - just want to make sure I pick a property when guests are ok.  Always stayed in Ipanema on previous trips (at the old Caesar Park) ....but, now thinking Copacabana might be easier for easy access to Pointe. I’m guessing Copacabana Palace will never let the boys in, but I see online pics of boys frequently at new Fairmont. And see comments where JW is Marriott let’s them in too.

Any suggestions and/or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  I’ve had my vaccine shots and considering a late April trip. Maybe do both RIo and SP as I’ve never had the pleasure of visiting Lagoa :)

Hi Guys,

I'm planning a trip to RJ in august. As it is my first trip to brazil and for confort and security I'll probably stay at the Copacabana Palace. I'm wondering if boys are allowed to come in? As a five stars hotel, I' dont think they make troubles. What do you think about it?

(Please forgive my english, I'm french)

• Members

Oopsy oopsy oopsy ... might be better for each guy with a planned visit to start his/their own thread and maintain it for reporting during and after as well. 

(Do not know if you’ll get blanc&noir clarity about Belmond Copacabana Palace. I have never hosted at a regular hotel. Even when staying in a conventional hotel or rental platform home I have always preferred to use ‘love/sex motels’. Hassle-free. They are essentially hotels with short-term date options. For example, Alameda across from Clube 117 or LoveTime a 10-minute walk south bordering Gloria and Catete district. It’s not a Gere/Roberts film.)

Edited by Riobard

• Members
1 hour ago, Riobard said:

Oopsy oopsy oopsy ... might be better for each guy with a planned visit to start his/their own thread and maintain it for reporting during and after as well. 

(Do not know if you’ll get blanc&noir clarity about Belmond Copacabana Palace. I have never hosted at a regular hotel. Even when staying in a conventional hotel or rental platform home I have always preferred to use ‘love/sex motels’. Hassle-free. They are essentially hotels with short-term date options. For example, Alameda across from Clube 117 or LoveTime a 10-minute walk south bordering Gloria and Catete district. It’s not a Gere/Roberts film.)

Thanks Riobard, 

I hope the situation will be better in August. My flight tickets are booked (finger crossed).

On 2/21/2021 at 11:01 AM, Tomcal said:

In a word “GO!”. you won’t regret it! i have been twice since late october and going again in March!  after seeing the demise of the places in  NYC(The Gaieity, Cats, Stellas) Los Angeles(Numbers) Miami (the Boardwalk, Johnnys, i realize nothing last forever so enjoy it while you can! personally i think the same thing will happen to saunas in Brazil...it already has started with Lagoa in SP, when the land/location becomes too valuable to not demolish and build Condos! it is what happened to Splash bar in NYC and the entire block that Lagoa was in in SP! instead of complaint about what was, everyone should be happy what still is(not you personally slvkguy, you just give me a chance to point out some things on the sauna scene!)

the cost is the lowest it has ever been, the guys are more then willing! i don’t have to go to the saunas as i know enough guys to have many over each night if i wanted to buy i want to support the saunas as that is where i initially met these guys and developed the contacts!  the obviously watch the instagram, FB and Whatsapp postings as i got a flood of messages when i posted i was going to be in Brazil in March, from guys i don’t stay in weekly contact with!

i always stay in ipanema it is only 5 minutes and 2 stops on the metro from copacabana from Pointe at Siqeira Campos exit.  Ipanema is a little more upscale then Copa, but either convienent to restaurants, atm’s, grocery stores etc

Appreciate the encouragement....I didn’t think about Brazilian saunas in context of one day they could be gone.  Makes perfect sense. And yes, I can’t remember a better exchange rate than now.  I’m going .....probably late April/early May.  

• Members
On 2/21/2021 at 8:36 AM, Slvkguy said:

You’ll be received quite well as long as you don’t forget your wallet or money clip, you shower and have good breath, and you’re not a complete asshole. 

The above applies regardless of age, beauty, or size.

• Members
20 hours ago, Frenchy said:

Hi Guys,

I'm planning a trip to RJ in august. As it is my first trip to brazil and for confort and security I'll probably stay at the Copacabana Palace. I'm wondering if boys are allowed to come in? As a five stars hotel, I' dont think they make troubles. What do you think about it?

(Please forgive my english, I'm french)

The more fancy the hotel the less likely they are to allow guests to visit. The nice Hotels in Brazil tend to be very strict on security. I have some friends who are a very wealthy Spanish couple who left there Copacabana Palace and checked out after they were not allowed to bring a short time guest.

• Members
3 hours ago, asdsrfr said:

The more fancy the hotel the less likely they are to allow guests to visit. The nice Hotels in Brazil tend to be very strict on security. I have some friends who are a very wealthy Spanish couple who left there Copacabana Palace and checked out after they were not allowed to bring a short time guest.

Hi asdsrfr, 

They don't allowed short time guest even in daytime?

• Members
On 2/19/2021 at 5:38 PM, Tomcal said:

I am flying into Porto Alegre the first weekend i am in Brazil and the guys are planning a party at my apt. that evening and Saturday evening as well.  i did this my last trip and it worked great! i have known one of the guys for 4 years and he is the one who has all the contacts!  He is a bottom and his fee is getting fucked by everybody there! i pay for the beer and pizza and each guy gets $200.reias and usually it starts around 10:00pm and goes until everyone falls asleep!  He called today and wanted to know if 2 more guys could attend? i said no as 5 of us seems to work perfectly based on the last 5 or 6 parties i have done!

But you will have room for me, right?

• Members
On 2/23/2021 at 7:42 AM, Frenchy said:

They don't allowed short time guest even in daytime?

I guess @Frenchy that you haven’t travelled much in Latin America?

It’s utterly normal for high-end hotels to NOT allow short-term guests to visit hotel rooms. It’s a matter of security to keep you safe; if you take an unknown local to your room and he produces a knife and robs you, what would you do? 

If the hotel guest is polite and the local ‘friend’ is obviously educated and well-dressed, it might be allowed PROVIDED that the local offers his photo ID card to the hotel reception to be registered (and there might be an additional charge on the hotel bill). My general experience is mainly of Argentina and less so of Brazil, and I’ve been able to have smart well-dressed Argentines in my hotel room. But if I wanted to hook up with a guy I just met in a cafe or on the beach, I’d do what locals do: take him to a love-motel for some fun. These places are clean and do not discriminate against gay couples.