BiBottomBoy

Since This Is The Beer Bar...

• Members
11 hours ago, BiBottomBoy said:

The egyptian stella looks sketchy as all hell.

Yeah, they had some real quality control issues in the past.  Here's a quote from a CNN story about Egypt's Stella beer dated 1997 -

"We had a lot of incidents with the Stella beer, we used to call it the surprise bottle because sometimes we found matches, sometimes nails, sometimes cockroaches, also flies, lots of flies. And sometimes just slimy stuff," said pub owner Nihah Sursock."   

The article mentions how customers were playing Russian roulette when they drank a bottle of Stella.

I remember when I lived there, always asking for an unopened bottle, and holding it up to the light to check for "extras" before opening the bottle.  Like I said above, it's not for the timid.  It's part of living in a backwater country.  In Cairo the donkey cart is still used to haul rubbish, it's cheaper than buying garbage trucks. 

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9708/12/fringe/egypt.beer/index.html

1520359131_Donkeycart-garbage.jpg.84c334f6804f6d8ff0b2868780dd72fd.jpg

Today in Ireland we celebrate our national holiday so a Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all. If you are near an Irish Bar somewhere in the world thats open drop in and have a nice pint of Guinness. Unfortunately this will not be possible in Dublin as all the bars are closed in Ireland this year due to our lockdown so it will probably be a few cans of guinness in front of the TV watching the horse racing from Cheltenham and hopefully some Irish winners.......cheers!! 

I used to like Kloster when in Thailand years ago. Superior to Singh's, in my view. Now disappeared, dies anyone know what happened to it?

Otherwise

Charles Wells

Budvar

London Pride