spastik00

Sub-Saharan Africa?

• Members

We've had some fantastic input here on North Africa (thanks those who contributed), but I wonder if anyone has any insights on the rest of the continent.  I know that South Africa is probably pretty similar to the West, but what about the rest?  Obviously homosexuality is pretty taboo, so maybe there isn't anything out in the open, but does anybody else have any sexual experience to share?  Sure after COVID, it might be nice to see the local wildlife, but you can't be on safari the ENTIRE time you are there...

I've been to The Gambia, Senegal and Zanzibar (Tanzania) but long ago.  Handsome guys, undoubtedly, but opportunities are so limited and perilous as to make a sex-jaunt unwise.

I had one experience in The Gambia with a cute guy but the circumstances in which it took place were- shall we say- uncomfortable. Plenty of offers for walks up the beach to a quiet areas which I didn't accept.

One sort of relationship where sex was offered but, somehow, it  didn't feel appropriate in the circumstances.

I'm older now and more timid.  I wouldn't consider a reprise.

• Members
On 3/8/2021 at 12:18 AM, spastik00 said:

I know that South Africa is probably pretty similar to the West

I would qualify that statement pretty heavily. 

I vacation each year in Cape Town in their Summer and have done so for many years. As an openly gay man, I’ve visited with my partner, and previously with boyfriends and before that as a single man.

Being openly gay is certainly accepted in smart hotels, restaurants etc because of the economic importance of tourism. Also there is constitutional protection. Social acceptance is another matter, and you almost never see PDA. There has been a marked decline in venues or public spaces for gay sex over the last 15-18 years (no male brothels, no rentboys on the Sea Point promenade at night, fewer nudist beaches and cruising, only 1 gay bar surviving) and the rate of violent crime has increased steadily. 

As an older white man, my experience is that 2 gay white men may be viewed well for their spending power but locals have told me of the great difficulties 2 gay men or lesbians of colour will face and sometimes the violence that threatens their relationships. 

Of course, as a visitor on vacation, you will have a great time. It is a wonderful country with resilient people and magnificent landscape. 

On 3/19/2021 at 7:04 AM, msclelovr said:

I vacation each year in Cape Town in their Summer and have done so for many years. As an openly gay man, I’ve visited with my partner, and previously with boyfriends and before that as a single man.

Being openly gay is certainly accepted in smart hotels, restaurants etc because of the economic importance of tourism. Also there is constitutional protection. Social acceptance is another matter, and you almost never see PDA. There has been a marked decline in venues or public spaces for gay sex over the last 15-18 years (no male brothels, no rentboys on the Sea Point promenade at night, fewer nudist beaches and cruising, only 1 gay bar surviving) and the rate of violent crime has increased steadily. 

As an older white man, my experience is that 2 gay white men may be viewed well for their spending power but locals have told me of the great difficulties 2 gay men or lesbians of colour will face and sometimes the violence that threatens their relationships. 

Of course, as a visitor on vacation, you will have a great time. It is a wonderful country with resilient people and magnificent landscape. 

This is spot on!

On 3/7/2021 at 6:18 PM, spastik00 said:

We've had some fantastic input here on North Africa (thanks those who contributed), but I wonder if anyone has any insights on the rest of the continent.  I know that South Africa is probably pretty similar to the West, but what about the rest?  Obviously homosexuality is pretty taboo, so maybe there isn't anything out in the open, but does anybody else have any sexual experience to share?  Sure after COVID, it might be nice to see the local wildlife, but you can't be on safari the ENTIRE time you are there...

The gay boys of Africa are on twitter smashing up a storm.  Nigeria (which is un-visitable) has orgies of guys in sessions. 

The gambia is full of boys for hire.  They call them 'beach bums'

On 3/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, msclelovr said:

I agree with the above. 

I have only been to Cape Town once, with my then-husband. We stayed for two nights in a ritzy small hotel, then in a private AirBnb run by an Englishwoman; both were in a posh neighbourhood (Newlands). The ritzy hotel had loads of gay staff, so no problem there, and it turned out the AirBnB owner and we had friends in common, so no problem there either. I was with my husband so we were not looking for sex. 

We were never in any real danger there, but one evening walking through a park in the centre of town to a restaurant felt a little uncomfortable, but nothing untoward happened. A few days later we went to Stellenbosch for the wineries; on the drive back, as we approached the motorway back to Cape Town, there was a car stopped ahead of us at red light at the motorway junction. I saw a car turn in from a site road into our road from the left, and pull up next to the car that was stationary. As we got closer, the people in the car that pulled up got out of their car and approached the stopped car. We didn't look, and we most certainly didn't stop to see what happened next: I went straight through the red light, around the vehicles and immediately onto the Motorway. It was the only time I ever knowingly went through a red light. Luckily the roads were very quiet. 

I had a gay ol' time in South Africa's Cape Town, but unfortunately, the gayborhood's epic bathhouse - "Hot House," I believe is closed down.  It was one of the sexiest bathhouses I'd ever visited, with African men across the continent there and ready to fuck - and perhaps drugged out of their gords.  The spa has signs about no drugs all over the place, and I later learned why that may be the case.  But until then, I connected with a beautiful man from Egyptian in his twenties, short and muscular fucked me like the Energizer Bunny for hours - it was incredible.  After stalking a few tall, dark men, I was cornered by a muscular god of a man from Iraq.  6' bulging muscles and a shaved head.  He was flirty, and we played around and made out passionately, but things quickly got awkward in the hot tub. After some play in the pool, he started looking drowsy and suddenly g'ed out on me while he was grinding on top of me.  No one was around, and I was terrified he might slip off me and drown since he was definitely over 200lb, but thankfully, the water made him buoyant enough that I was able to balance him until security came in and screamed at us.  Of course, I was not really in the position to just walk him out of the tub and into an ER, but thankfully the guards' dramatics did wake my sleeping beauty who was then unceremoniously kicked out—wild and unforgettable times.  God bless Hot House.

Just returned from a great trip to Southern Africa. Visited Botswana, Namibia, Mozambique and South Africa. South Africa was the only place I saw any action.

Cape Town wasn't as much fun as I expected - lots of foreigners from Europe but not a lot of local guys to be found on the hookup apps.  Johannesburg was a different story, a few guys actually had "rent boy" in their profiles.  No doubt about what they are about - moved the conversation to Whatsapp to stay out of trouble with the Grindr police. Had some really fun moments with two guys in the Johannesburg/Pretoria area.  Although Uber is available, Bolt is the preferred means of transport locally - much cheaper too. Both guys were just my type - muscular, ripped, fun and friendly.  Less than US$50 for companionship, transport and generous tip. Left very happy. 😁