BiBottomBoy

First Thing You'll Do When You Are Free

Has been almost free last year october, then our politicians cant stop playing with matches, and now we are worst than most in asean except for indonesia and philliphines. Despite that, last week lockdown was relaxed and apart from observing SOP and inter-state travel ban, we are pretty much open. Of course international travel has been closed since march last year and no dates yet when itll be open. Vaccines has begun for medical frontliners and politicians as well as high risk teachers as school is now open as well.

As for me, ill have to wait for second phase (should start in Apr) but there will be around 8mil people in this stage. Vaccine certificate/passport has been discussed and there is push for allowing interstatr travel between low risk states. As of now, only group travel tour is allowed. My state is still high risk though. 

Now, what ill do when im free. Right now, im pretty much free to go eat at restaurant with friends, go to movies, get massage, and hire money boy. Social distancing in movies and restaurants, masseur has to wear mask, protective face shield, gloves. Money boy is illegal here so no SOP, as long as you are not caught i guess lol.

When im totally free, travel, travel, travel. I usally travel at least 3 times a year, more times if i count work travel as well, but for the past year and this year, ive not travelled at all, work and fun. 

Been very lucky here because the federal government closed the international borders at the start of the pandemic, life is almost normal with most infections being returning Australians in quarantine (those that were stranded overseas at the start of the pandemic) but the main restriction being international travel. So being free for me means being able to get to Thailand (or even Singapore) again and when I am set free to travel I shall be having fun fun fun with the masseurs in Bangkok (or Singapore). 

International travel, especially going back to Europe to see friends, But only if that's possible in the summer, will not go in the winter! Other than that, life has been normal here for me since about June, with a brief and negligible interruption in January due to the new outbreak. Been doing more domestic trips than usual since it was relaxed in July. Samui, Chiang Mai (weeklong road trip around the province), Khao Lak, Samui again. Stayed at superb 5star resorts at like 20% (sometimes less) their pre-covid rates. In BKK itself, other than mask wearing (I couldn't care less about that, it's hardly even a nuisance) life is good.

On 3/12/2021 at 4:43 AM, paulsf said:

I’m free now.  I’m vaccinated. My city is open for business. I’m just sitting here waiting for he rest of the world to open.  

Protocols still have to be adhered to: the wearing of masks, distancing, and the continuance of one's washing her/his hands.  Thus, we ARE NOT COMPLETELY FREE.

There are talks at the moment of a possible vaccine travel bubble without quarantine between Australia and Singapore for later this year, I wouldn't mind it and even if I had to self isolate at home for a week or two on return would be fine.

Possible travel bubble Aust - Singapore