BiBottomBoy

Justice League - Snyder Cut

• Members

A lot of people were pissed at the way they removed him, and he'd maintained that it wouldn't have been shit if Jos Wheadon hadn't fucked it up, plus there's a lot that's come out about Jos being something of a POS including on this set, so... maybe it won't totally suck?  It's hard to imagine it being worse.  And I already have HBOmax so I can see it for free at least. 

Definitely not the movie worth breaking a year+ of theater abstinence with.  

• Members

I liked it better than the Whedon cut.  It flows a lot better, parts of the story make more sense, and it isn't filled with shoveled-in awkward quips.  

But less awful doesn't equal great or even good.  With several drinks it'll help you pass 4 hours.  Especially when Cavil shows up towards the end.  Cyborg has a real role and Flash isn't insufferable now.  

What I take away from it is that Warner overstepped themselves using Snyder's tragedy to wrestle back control, greedily trying to maximize any chance for profit and in doing so nearly killed the franchise. 

They chose to put Snyder in charge and without their interference he would've made something at least OK they could've built on.  Instead they pissed everybody off, alienated most, and had to be overruled by ATT to even release a better version of the movie.  

So it was interesting to see that happen--this seems to vindicate Ray Fisher and excoriate the Warner execs, which is fun.  More fun than the movie, in fact.  

Much better than the released cut. It's a lot longer, true, but it flows in a way you almost can't really feel how long it is. The story makes a lot more sense with the Snyder cut and it fixed so many of the released cut's issues. Almost on par with Infinity war (I didn't like endgame).