TotallyOz

Big Hand Massage in Gay Bangkok - Bait and Switch April 13, 2021

I wanted a massage today and went to Big Hand. I had booked in advance a guy I liked, the first one in the photos. I thought he was cute. When I got there, it was 450 baht for the room and tip to boy of 1200 baht. I took a room which was quite nice and clean with ample space. There were several lads sitting on the sofa. When I got to the room, the mamasan told me the guy would be right in. Well, in came someone who was not even close looking to the guy in the photo. How old would you guess he is?  I would say it might (almost impossible) be the guy from 20 years ago. The guy that came into my room was at least 15 years old than what was in the photo. I politely tipped 1000 baht and said no thank you after showing him the photo. It was a bit embarrassing for me as I never do this but the guy was nothing like what I wanted or expected. A total waste of time and I'll never again trust this place for a massage by photo.

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

BTW: If you didn't notice, the government has closed all massage parlors. But, today, I checked with 5 and tested 2. They were not exactly closed as required. One said they would do delivery which I liked. It is often hard in Thailand to figure what the government classifies as bars, parlors, etc. I don't even think the businesses know.

7 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Well, in came someone who was not even close looking to the guy in the photo. How old would you guess he is?  I would say it might (almost impossible) be the guy from 20 years ago. The guy that came into my room was at least 15 years old than what was in the photo. I politely tipped 1000 baht and said no thank you after showing him the photo.

That's a reward of 3x the minimum daily wage for this deception.

I allow for a little deviation from the photo, but when it's 15 or 20 years, that's simply their fault for the deception and no tip is entirely appropriate.  

If I ordered a brand new car and they delivered a 15 year old example, I'd also send them away with nothing.   Same same.

7 hours ago, z909 said:

That's a reward of 3x the minimum daily wage for this deception.

I allow for a little deviation from the photo, but when it's 15 or 20 years, that's simply their fault for the deception and no tip is entirely appropriate.  

If I ordered a brand new car and they delivered a 15 year old example, I'd also send them away with nothing.   Same same.

Yes, IMHO, this was a complete scam. However, I did not think twice about paying and causing a scene. This is not my country and I was in an area that was hard to get to and out of. Just an all around bad situation.

On 4/14/2021 at 1:45 AM, TotallyOz said:

Yes, IMHO, this was a complete scam. However, I did not think twice about paying and causing a scene. This is not my country and I was in an area that was hard to get to and out of. Just an all around bad situation.

Yes I would do the same it's better to avoid a scene and solve it politely.

On 4/13/2021 at 11:45 PM, TotallyOz said:

You're probably smarter than me in such situations, but on the whole I think society works better if we try to avoid rewarding scams.

Since no service was provided, I'd imagine you could have achieved the same low risk exit with a much smaller tip and I'd have personally told the manager why I'm not going to be returning again.   Of course, that only works in a city with a wide variety of alternative massage venues.