Guest kjun12

Places to stay in Bali

Anyone with ideas on a reasonably cheap place to stay in Bali? I'm not looking for a dive but most of the places seem to be charging US $70 per night up. Looking for something cheaper.

A very basic and cheap place but also gayfriendly is the hotel Bali Agung Village. Booked at Meiers Weltreisen standardroom is 18 Euro and villaroom 27 Euro/night incl. breakfast. Its short walk to the beach and also to the gaybars in dyanapura street

Guest GaySacGuy

There is good info on Bali and places to stay at the bottom of the thread below labeled "Bali"

Go to the bottom of the thread and follow some of the links.

Guest Astrrro

I'll look around in the next few days and post some midrange alternatives although some would consider Courtyard midrange.

If 55 USD per night is not going to break your bank then go for the Courtyard. I'm staying for a month so that would be completely irresponsible.

Guest Astrrro

I edited some prior posts of mine in this thread which suggested a hotel.

I can no longer recommend the Galaxy. If u need to know the reasons, please PM me.

Guest Astrrro

A good cheap gay friendly hotel that some of you may like very much is the Puri Wisata Hotel. But if you stay there the poolside rooms are the best. I managed to snag one for about 18 USD a night.

The room is nice enough and the pool sits in an interesting Balinese courtyard.

This hotel is not for everyone . If you're fussy and/or are really bothered by mozzies then stay way.

But a very pleasant alternative for the low budget traveler. B)

Guest GaySacGuy
This hotel is not for everyone . If you're fussy and/or are really bothered by mozzies then stay way.

But a very pleasant alternative for the low budget traveler. B)

What are mozzies???

Guest Astrrro

I've never been anywhere in the world that has such a wide range of hotel prices.

I'm not just talking about high end vs low end. But fabulous places that are 10 times cheaper than they should be.

What an amazing deal!

This place is on the North coast so only for those who want quiet and solitude.

The only downside is that it's so isolated you need to have transport to get just about anywhere.

Only 4 rooms, a group of friends could take it over.

A local friend knew about it. It's not well known at all.

Try guessing the price before u look.

http://www.banjarhillsbali.com/

Guest Astrrro

Bali Hotel Recap:

For most of you, the easiest thing to do is to book the Courtyard for a few nights.

High end travelers will not be disappointed yet it won't break the bank for those on a budget.

Then u have the option of looking around for something more suitable in the Kuta/Legian/Semnyial area or visiting another part of Bali.

The Barjarn Hills is one of the nicest places I've ever stayed yet has rock bottom prices. You don't always get what u pay for!

OK, the negatives:

The double bed is quite small, certainly not a queen.

It's isolated. If u bring your own transport no problemo. If not, u can rent a bike. But it's such a lovely place u may just want to stay put.

No TV.

No wifi but u can internet access for a small fee.

Restaurant closes at 8 so without transport you're going to starve.

Only 4 rooms, and 1 or 2 of them have twin beds, so book early. But pushing two twins together is an option.

The posotives:

One of the nicest places I've ever stayed

An outstanding outdoor shower

Great view and sea breeze. High enough so lack of mozzies.

Most definitly gay friendly, though not kid friendly.

Right next door to the biggest Buddhist wat on Bali.

Easy motobike drive to natural hotsprings admission equivalent of 10 baht.

Price per night about 10% of true value.

This place is a rare find, no reviews on sites like Trip Advisor. It attracts an interesting clientele so you're likely to have great neighbors if any at all.

The other place I mentioned, Puri Wisata, is nothing special, jsy a place to looka t if u wanna go cheap, but if staying there insist on a renovated poolsodie room and u can negotiate down tp 200K rupiah.

Guest Astrrro

Staying at the JeJe now for 150K a night (13 USD). They'll ask 200K but if you say a freind stayed for 150K you'll probably get that price in low season. This won't work in July and August or around Xmas/New Years.

The pool area and lobby has the feel of a much more expensive place. I like my room too.

Nice area too, close to the beach.

BUT, I do not recommend this place unless you look at it first. The room is not what one expects when thing of a Bali dream holiday.

I'd still recommend the Courtyard to be on the safe side.

The Barjarn Hills is one of the nicest places I've ever stayed yet has rock bottom prices. You don't always get what u pay for!

This looks like a great place at a great price. My question is how far is the beach and the gay clubs and how hard is it to rent a bike or a car? Cost of vehicle rental?

Guest Astrrro
This looks like a great place at a great price. My question is how far is the beach and the gay clubs and how hard is it to rent a bike or a car? Cost of vehicle rental?

As far as I know there are no gay clubs on the entire North coast of Bali. So if you want company you'll have to BYOB.

The beach is perhaps a mile away as the crow flies. But although you might consider walking to the beach, I doubt you would want to walk up the steep hills back home to the resort.

I heard you could rent a motorbike at the resort for 50K/day. The people nearby the resort wanted 120K, the middleman wanting a quick an easy profit. On the main road I was told 35K.

Not to much traffic but going down the steep (but paved) hills by the resort means riding the break. As an inexperienced I would not be comfortable driving with a friend on the back of my bike going down one of these short hills.

Or you could rent a car in the Kuta/Legian/Semnyiak area and drive up yourself. Or get a car and driver to take you. It's only 100 kilometers from Legian but it's a long slow drive along beautiful country roads winding through foggy mountains.

But yes, it's a great place at a great price. The best value I've ever seen in my life. Since they only have 4 rooms (2 with a small double bed and 2 with twins that I guess could be pushed together) I would recommend reserving well in advance if possible.

Some pics:

post-7833-1235547493_thumb.jpg

Guest Tomas1576

Does anyone have more up to date info? I will visit Bali for some days, and would like a gay hotel/guesthouse of good standard.