• Members

CameraPrive   https://cameraprive.com/us/guys

Riobard questions payments to CameraPrive in the "Lagoa Last Night" thread... pointing out the discrepancy between payments made by Brazilians and those made by foreigners and asking in what currency appears on your bank statement...

CameraPrive is indeed massively skewed against foreign users. 

You can only purchase "credits" in either Brazilian Reais, USD or Euros.

The cost of "credits" for  foreigners is something like $99 or 99€ for 300 credits... whereas it is only 300R$ ($56 or 47€) for Brazilians to purchase the same 300 credits.

One solution is to register and then make your initial payments in Reais. 

Paying in Reais involves using a CPF generator such as  https://theonegenerator.com/generators/documents/cpf-generator/ or  https://www.fakeaddressgenerator.com/World/Brazil_address_generator

And then paying for your "credits" using a credit card.  It is wise to have a credit card that charges low currency conversion and foreign transaction fees.

Transactions are smooth and safe. 

On my credit card statement, I am charged in my home currency and the conversion (to Reais) is shown in the description

Cannily, CameraPrive does not allow you to initially purchase in USD or EURO and then switch to Reais once you realise that you're being fleeced as a foreigner.  Instead you have to create a new account. 

Another disadvantage for foreigners, is that CameraPrive run regular time-limited discount codes on their Portuguese-only twitter account.

On the plus side, they do have occasional well publicised discount weekends (normally around Brazilian public holidays, Valentines Day, Black Friday) where credits are sold with a 5-15% discount.

• Members
9 hours ago, PopeFrancis said:

Paying in Reais involves using a CPF generator such as

Holy Father, I am a bit of an ignoramus when dealing with online foreign transactions but would directing my VPN to Brazil help like it does with getting lower airfares?

• Members
14 hours ago, Lonnie said:

...would directing my VPN to Brazil help like it does with getting lower airfares?

I don't think it would help.  I think the rates that CP advertises online (cheaper for payment in BRL, more expensive for payment in USD or EURO) appear the same wherever you log on.

I signed up and purchased credits (in USD) about 3 years ago when I was in Sao Paulo. 

I don't think the rates shown then were any diffferent to what I can see today when I log in from outside of Brazil.

The only real hurdle is the CPF number.

If you decide to pay the more expensive USD or EURO options, then you pay for it like any credit card transaction... wherever you are in the world.

If you want the cheaper BRL option, then you have to add a CPF number... wherever you are in the world.

If anyone is considering signing up and buying credits, I think it's always worth bearing in mind what 100R$ would buy you in a sauna setting.  It's very easy for interactions to cost a lot more on CP.

• Members

Apparently about 93% of the consumers are Brazilian, so I don’t think that the site is ‘cleaning up’ viz foreigner use, depending on the relative proportions.  Non-Portuguese speaking users may prefer sites that don’t come with quirky translation mishaps. Though I doubt that the proportion of English speakers using Chaturbate is as low as 7% and I cannot comment on text-chat translation quality there. At first glance, however, CameraPrive has a lot more providers that appeal to me.