JKane

People keep forgetting all Trump's accomplishments...

• Members
10 hours ago, caeron said:

Cheap shots is all Trump understands, so just speaking his language.

Not just Trump. With Hannity and Kimmel swinging "ignorant asshole" at each other over Caitlyn Jenner, I'm afraid the future will be nothing but cheap shots from every corner of life. Once the slingshots are swung so low and becomes normalized by famous and powerful people, I don't see how civility ever comes back.

Certainly those right wing prophets of rage have done their work well. There will be no normalcy until there is a reckoning in the republican party that purges it of its worst elements.

Time will tell, but I am also not hopeful for the future of our democracy at the moment.

• Members
On 5/17/2021 at 11:36 AM, caeron said:

Certainly those right wing prophets of rage have done their work well. There will be no normalcy until there is a reckoning in the republican party that purges it of its worst elements.

Yes, the reckoning. Every conservative I respect is saying the same thing.

3 hours ago, JKane said:

via Shauna: 

"a failed game show host"

Except, The Apprentice always made money for NBC, even after its initial ratings lost their luster. It was never a canceled show. Had Trump decided not to run for president, the show most likely would still be on the air.

• Members
On 5/18/2021 at 11:27 AM, RockHardNYC said:

Yes, the reckoning. Every conservative I respect is saying the same thing.

Except, The Apprentice always made money for NBC, even after its initial ratings lost their luster. It was never a canceled show. Had Trump decided not to run for president, the show most likely would still be on the air.

BWq7hQj.png

• Members
On 5/28/2021 at 11:05 AM, JKane said:

(in the tweet)  Jeff Bezos owns The Apprentice outtakes.

Maybe. That would depend on Mark Burnett's contract. Since Burnett is now the Chairman of MGM Worldwide Television Group, he would never allow for the release of the outtakes. The last thing Burnett wants to do is piss off millions and millions of Trump voters, who do watch TV.

And what does it matter? Even if the outtakes show Trump shooting a child on 5th Avenue (especially a Black, Mexican, or Asian child), his cult following will still love him, claiming the action showed "strength." The cult is the most worrisome thing to U.S. security, and those who work in security know it. The sooner Trump drops off the face of the earth, the better for everyone.