BiBottomBoy

Got Mugged Last Night!

First day bars were open.

Was walking home. A guy stands in front of me with a knife and demands my phone and my wallet.

Drunk me tried to punch him at which point a guy behind me punched me in the back.

The the two of them started kicking me while I was down.

A neighbor heard the noise and came out at which point the two guys grabbed my phone - which had all my cards in it - and ran off.

Welcome to life after lockdown.

1 hour ago, BiBottomBoy said:

First day bars were open.

Was walking home. A guy stands in front of me with a knife and demands my phone and my wallet.

Drunk me tried to punch him at which point a guy behind me punched me in the back.

The the two of them started kicking me while I was down.

A neighbor heard the noise and came out at which point the two guys grabbed my phone - which had all my cards in it - and ran off.

Welcome to life after lockdown.

I am sorry to hear you had this experience on your first trip to the bars. Do report it to the police - they can step up patrols etc. If you dont see more visible policing within a week, call thr mayor's office. Be the squeaky  wheel. 

Goes without saying that you should cancel your cards today.

Hope you feel better soon. :mellow:

10 minutes ago, BiBottomBoy said:

reported it to the police last night. they want me to come in today for a follow up but fuck me if I want to waste my day in the police station.

I totally gdt that... Ask them to send someone over to take your statement at home - blame Covid and your injuries.  Maybe they will send over a cute young officer - eye candy may be just what you need to help break out of the post mugging funk! ;)

• Members
3 hours ago, BiBottomBoy said:

Welcome to life after lockdown

Here I was kidding around with you in my awful French thinking you had finally gotten lucky and this awful thing had happened...hope you were not hurt too bad and they catch the scum.

• Members

I have 2 French friends who live some way outside Montpellier, but visit the city often. May I ask where this happened so I can warn them to be careful?

When I was young, I worked on a gay advice hotline. The advice after a mugging was that you should straightaway write down in detail what happened. Over time, you may remember more details and can add them to your report. 

And I’d encourage you to work with the police. It will help you regain agency and you may prevent this happening to other people.