JKane

Intermittently getting security warning...

• Members

Am I supposed to stop using boytoy.com?  This isn't new, I just figured at some point it'd stop and it hasn't. 

I'm sure some won't know to go into Advanced and ignore it to get here.  

image.thumb.png.037f1e71eb7a56cdfaadaab1a84873d5.png

Also, speaking of other site name issues, the description for this forum invokes Gay Thailand...?  

This is the forum to make comments and suggestion for the team here at GayThailand.com. Help us to make the site better.

On 5/26/2021 at 11:17 PM, JKane said:

Am I supposed to stop using boytoy.com?  This isn't new, I just figured at some point it'd stop and it hasn't. 

Also, speaking of other site name issues, the description for this forum invokes Gay Thailand...? 

As was announced several weeks ago, boytoy.com content is merged into gayguides.com.   boytoy.com is shut down, with a re-direct to gayguides.com

Delete the boytoy.com bookmark and replace with gayguides.com  

The warning is there because boytoy has a paid SSL Certificate and is then forwarded to another site with another SSL certificate. We have been trying to fix this but there is no security issue other than there is no content at boytoy.

• Members
On 5/29/2021 at 3:07 PM, TotallyOz said:

The warning is there because boytoy has a paid SSL Certificate and is then forwarded to another site with another SSL certificate. We have been trying to fix this but there is no security issue other than there is no content at boytoy.

Yeah, figured it was something like this but wanted to make sure you knew.  

• Members
On 5/26/2021 at 6:17 PM, JKane said:

There are tons of websites dealing with the same message in ERROR, including some of my banks. At first I thought it was a Mac thing, but then I discovered the number of fixes offered from almost every browser. 

If you Google "Your Connection is Not Private Error," tons of pages will come up from numerous "support" pages. It's impossible to know whether an encryption issue exists or not.

Unfortunately, given the subject matter of this website, newcomers may click away when confronted by the error message. They won't bother with "Advanced," and they will just move on. Welcome to imperfect technology.