fedssocr

Gay Tokyo channel

There are more than 2 BJ bars now in Tokyo. I think they are a development of what are called the hattenba which started to appear in the early 1980s. A hattenba is usually a smallish apartment that has been converted using simple things like sheets to create a small maze. Some parts may be a little larger than others and have something like a sofa or a mattress. 

On entry you pay your entrance fee, go into the small changing room, use a small towel or just walk around nude. The aim is to find someone interesting to have sex with without worrying who might be walking around. Treffpunkt is well known and long established one in the Akasaka district but unless you know your way around Japan adresses, it is very difficult to find. Treffpunkt had only one tiny cubicle-like shower. So if there are several guys in front of you, it might be better to skip the shower and wait till you get home. These are definitely not saunas or bathhouses and there will be no other place to wash! Quick sex is the norm.

Here are the two main Tokyo BJ bars. Note that anal sex is not permitted in these new style bars. On the map in this website, the Shinjuku GHbar is on the north east side of the massive Shinjuku station on the edge of the raunchy nightclub Kabukicho district.

http://www.gloryholebar.com/en/

I'm not sure the library idea would work for foreigners. In Shinjuku ni-chome there are 2 or 3 shops selling gay books, DVDs, calendars, gels, toys etc. My guess is that these are of more interest to visitors, the more so as they are close to the foreigner-friendly gay bars and the popular 24 Kaikan sauna.

For those interested, in Taipei the Gin Gin Gay Shop is very similar to those in Shinjuku ni-chome. The staff are particularly friendly and speak English. This is the location close to the Taipower Building subway station.

Taipei_Gin_Gin_Gay_Store.thumb.jpg.286354c927d8c475c52da0cb39936599.jpg

Correct me if im wrong, but i thought when they mention like a library, they just means no spoken words, as in u need to be quite? So as someone who dont speak japanese, this actually helps a lot as body language is usually universal.

11 hours ago, spoon said:

Correct me if im wrong, but i thought when they mention like a library, they just means no spoken words, as in u need to be quite? So as someone who dont speak japanese, this actually helps a lot as body language is usually universal.

You are correct. But it seems from a second viewing of the vdo, that Tokyo gay library is not a place for meeting up. Merely for reading. I think it would be unlikely you would end up hooking up with anyone there.

Japan is great, and you can find guys everywhere, I think. They have a lot of oddities of where you can and cannot go, for a number of different reasons. Too old, too young, too thin, too fat or too foreign. It was hard to figure out sometimes. 

I was there in 2015 on business. It was after a back surgery, so I had a hard time walking. Anyway, I was still taking in the sounds and sights when I saw this boy looking at me before the train came. This photo is after he got on the train and me, obviously still outside.

1.thumb.jpg.ba17ceb077c65b58ea5d8569c09594d5.jpg

So I decided to take a picture head on to see what he would do.

2.thumb.jpg.a5c6785e2f46a9aeb76ae5716d21fb2b.jpg

And yeah, he kept staring. Was this not the perfect opportunity to make a hand gesture waving him over? Or at least I could have gotten in the train because he seemed to be waiting.

I have messed up opportunities that were much clearer than this one. But this is the only time I got pictures of it.