floridarob

Going out of your comfort zone in selecting guys

I’m a big fan of not being constrained by having a “type”.  If we’re talking about saunas specifically - even more so.  In a sauna there is opportunity to mix & mingle, getting a sense of chemistry/energy and personalities, regardless of physical appearance or “type”.  I can quickly become more attracted to a playful outgoing personality over the traditionally handsome muscle boys most of the time.  And for me, the playful banter is usually a good indicator of how the paid sex will be.

Likewise, in the real world (outside of saunas) - I see so many guys who are locked into a certain type with so many hard rules & requirements for dating, that it’s no surprise they remain single.  Nothing wrong w being single btw and for many it may be preferable.  It’s the guys complaining about being single with all the rules/requirements that always leaves me with so many questions.  

• Members

Isn't it one of the many beauties of GP saunas? When you are cruising online, in hook up apps or in a paid sex site, you go for the pictures and whatever you already know you prefer.

Instead, the saunas pushed you into countless social interactions that foster finding something attractive in any one. You may even miraculously find something attractive in a Brazilian young Will Smith!

4 hours ago, Slvkguy said:

I’m a big fan of not being constrained by having a “type”.  If we’re talking about saunas specifically - even more so.  In a sauna there is opportunity to mix & mingle, getting a sense of chemistry/energy and personalities, regardless of physical appearance or “type”.  I can quickly become more attracted to a playful outgoing personality over the traditionally handsome muscle boys most of the time.  And for me, the playful banter is usually a good indicator of how the paid sex will be.

Likewise, in the real world (outside of saunas) - I see so many guys who are locked into a certain type with so many hard rules & requirements for dating, that it’s no surprise they remain single.  Nothing wrong w being single btw and for many it may be preferable.  It’s the guys complaining about being single with all the rules/requirements that always leaves me with so many questions.  

A thunderous applause goes to you.  While I have read about types in various forums, I've always said to myself: "I don't have a type."  I like men (period), and if something about them appeals to me and we connect favorably, off we go!  I'm with you and wholeheartedly concur.  Now if men want to be attracted to certain men based on specifics, that's that individual's choice. :)

it's certainly a good lesson. I recall going to a massage place in BKK several years ago in the late afternoon. I was leaving early the next day. The guys on offer weren't my usual type but I picked an older, compact but muscly guy. Turned out to be one of the best experiences I've had at a massage place. His technique was a bit different but very relaxing and erotic. The happy ending was great too.

When the picking is slim, ill be very flexible. But when im spoil with choices, like when im in bangkok, ive never regretted my decision to pick my ideal hunks lol. My tolerance of bullshit does increases when the guy is super hot lol  But yes, i agree, the one that is not so popular tend to gives you better experience as they believe they need to work harder? 

8 hours ago, spoon said:

When the picking is slim, ill be very flexible. But when im spoil with choices, like when im in bangkok, ive never regretted my decision to pick my ideal hunks lol. My tolerance of bullshit does increases when the guy is super hot lol  But yes, i agree, the one that is not so popular tend to gives you better experience as they believe they need to work harder? 

In my case I think he just had a lot of experience and knew what he was doing. He was a handsome guy, just not my usual twinkish type. 

On 6/16/2021 at 9:08 PM, Axiom2020 said:

A thunderous applause goes to you.  While I have read about types in various forums, I've always said to myself: "I don't have a type."  I like men (period), and if something about them appeals to me and we connect favorably, off we go!  I'm with you and wholeheartedly concur.  Now if men want to be attracted to certain men based on specifics, that's that individual's choice. :)

Interesting! Have you ever tried to find things that your guys have in common, other than being men?

I'm genuinely interested because it took me some time to figure that out.

On 6/15/2021 at 6:07 AM, floridarob said:

Tonight, I didn't even feel like going out. Monday  night can be hit or miss in the saunas..... I had seen this young Will Smith looking guy in here the last few nights and wondered what he was like. I started a conversation with him about his haircut and it went on from there. We talked a bit and he agreed to come back to my apt.
 :D

I guess I'd be in for a double date. You take Will and I Jaden :rolleyes:

• Members
On 6/17/2021 at 6:36 PM, davet said:

I still remember one guy in Brasilia who got me with his seductive eyebrows - I kid you not.

I believe you @davet but I need to know what happened next…
Was it a quick pluck-and-go? Or did you get a sauna-suite for a prolonged plucking? :rolleyes:

• Members
On 6/20/2021 at 10:58 AM, msclelovr said:

Was it a quick pluck-and-go? Or did you get a sauna-suite for a prolonged plucking?

He was a top and wouldn't get plucked.

But seriously, he never made an overt move. He just looked at me from across the room, spread his legs, and raised his eyebrows suggestively, and I was utterly helpless. He was cute but not gorgeous. Those types make for great sex on the run.

• Members

I thought of this thread when I was writing Alan's review. He was quite out of my comfort zone, this time I dared to go there thanks to the empathic recommendations from other clients. I thought that in Buenos Aires we may not have saunas, but we may find other alternatives to get input and motivate us to take risks with guys.

Just to clarify; I’m all about taking risks outside of a “comfort zone” because I don’t have a type. Sexy comes in many shapes, sizes, ages & ethnicities - I like men….what can I say ?  All depends on what I have to choose from.  I never care if a sauna is busy or not - because my mantra is “it only takes one”.  I’m also a firm believer in the energy put out is what you attract and that’s almost always worked out. 

What I won’t do is take a risk with my safety & security - that’s why if there is a GP sauna in any city I visit, I’ll go there first. I like an environment that is controlled and the working guys are somewhat vetted & there are other people around  - although there have been times where even that can get a bit dicey.  I’ve had a couple overly aggressive boys at Pointe 202 and at Termas/BCN when it came time for payment (now, I always pay sauna boys in advance to ensure no misunderstanding). 2 payment disputes in all my years of hires is a minuscule percentage, but still …who wants that when I’m just there for a good time ?  

My non GP Brazilian friends are absolutely dumbfounded/horrified when they hear stories about tourists taking GPs back to hotels and even worse, AirBNB.  I get these warnings every time I visit Brazil.  I understand that some on this forum have long standing relationships with specific guys and of course that’s different.  But in general, taking an unknown person who is at great economic disadvantage into a relatively wealthy tourist accommodation is a recipe for disaster.  To be honest, you can’t even fault most of these boys because they are dire circumstances with many addicted to drugs, so of course bad things can happen.

For those of you playing the odds, more power to you.  For me, it’s the same reason I don’t gamble in Vegas - eventually the house wins.

• Members
On 6/30/2021 at 9:12 AM, Slvkguy said:

But in general, taking an unknown person who is at great economic disadvantage into a relatively wealthy tourist accommodation is a recipe for disaster.  To be honest, you can’t even fault most of these boys because they are dire circumstances with many addicted to drugs, so of course bad things can happen.

True that. But bear in mind that many of the garotos look solidly middle class enough to afford protein shakes, gym memberships, and fashionably-ripped jeans. Many are in college or trade school or have other jobs. That said, I definitely prefer the sauna for all your reasons and a separate no-tell motel for the rare overnights. I am working up to the courage of some other members in taking guys on multi-day trips but I might never get there.