belkinDC

Istanbul vs Kiev?

• Members

Hi all,

I'm debating whether to spend a week in either Kiev or Istanbul in mid-August. My main priority is easy availability of muscular, vers men around 25-40 who charge something not too much higher than Brazil prices. Am I right that Kiev lacks anything like a sauna (vs. Istanbul having Aquarius Sauna) where one can meet/see several potential providers prior to hiring? How does general gay nightlife (and possibility of picking someone up) compare between the two cities? In the pro column for me for Istanbul is sauna Aquarius, bigger population (presumably more options), and there's a lot more touristy things I'd like to do there. In the pro for Kiev is that I'm (slightly) more attracted to Slavic men than to Turkish/Kurdish/Arab men, and from what I gather they are more likely to speak at least some English? I've registered for a Bluesystem account (took quite awhile to solve the captcha!) and a few of the guys I've reached out to have all quoted like 200-300 euro though, which seems crazy (maybe because I started conversation in English stating I'd be visiting soon from the US?). Maybe once over there on grindr/Hornet/Hungz it's a bit more reasonable though?

Appreciate any thoughts you all might offer!

• Members

Both Istanbul & Kiev are high on my list of places to visit too.  My impression is that Istanbul has some gay nightlife plus the hammam & Aquarius while the gay scene in Kiev is tiny, like most Eastern European countries.  According to travelgay.com, Kiev has one gay sauna which does offer massage it's not Aquarius.

If you have a Planet Romeo account, you can search various destinations on Hunqz anywhere.

Hope this helps...

• Members

From what I heard, all the hammams in Istanbul are currently closed due to covid. Aquarius is supposed to be closed but is skirting the restrictions, as many places are. When I was at Aquarius 10+ years ago, I retained a hot Russian guy there. There are many, many Russians and I assume other Slavs vacationing or living in Istanbul, just as there are many moslems in Russia. I saw tall nordic blonde women in burqas carrying tow-headed toddlers. The Russian I met at Aquarius was circumcized.

PS: I've long wanted to tour Ukraine, but Istanbul has to be a top-5 city in the world for me.