reader

Leave it to'venture capitalists' to come up with these gems

Today's Bangkok Post carries a piece in the business section that calls for replacing travel-related portals with a government run site!

It seems that these hi-so money gurus think by turning over the reins of what was one of the nation's greatest provider of foreign currency to the the same government that managed the vaccine acquisition and roll out is a sure road to success.

You cant make these things up.

If that's not enough, the same group believes that they can eliminate the need for migrant labor by concocting "ecosystems"--whatever the hell that means.

I've been traveling to Thailand for a long time. I've probably used most Thai booking sites and many international ones and never had a problem finding what I was looking. for.

In the end you have to ask, "who'll benefit from these changes?" Not to worry, it's the venture capitalists who stress the need for "tax incentives" for those who do the investing--of course.

The best reason for not following their advice: don't fix something that's not broken. Thailand's tourism sector has been functioning very well on its own for decades without the help of big brother. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2162323/uncertainty-continues