reader

Cambodia now allowing booster shots

From The Star

PHNOM PENH, Aug 29 (Bernama): Cambodia has allowed its citizens to get a third Covid-19 booster shot to build "real herd immunity,” Anadolu Agency quoted the state-run news agency Agence Kampuchea Press.

In a statement released by the government this week, Prime Minister Hun Sen said a third dose of vaccines will be offered to people aged 12 and above.

"In order to rapidly build a ‘real herd immunity’ which is a key foundation to protect the people’s lives from Covid-19, particularly the Delta variant or other variants, as well as to get prepared for the plan to reopen all sectors and to live with Covid-19 in a new normal norm, the Royal Government decides to launch the Covid-19 booster shot policy to the general public aged 12 years old and above,” the statement said.

The campaign will run until mid-2022, and is conducted on a voluntary and free-of-charge basis, it added.

Nearly 8 million people out of the 10 million eligible have been fully vaccinated with the UK-produced Oxford-AstraZeneca, the US-donated Johnson & Johnson, or the Chinese-made Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines. The Southeast Asian country has a population of 16 million.

The kingdom has also began vaccinating children between the ages of 12 and 17 earlier this month, and up to 2 million are expected to be inoculated by early November.

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2021/08/29/cambodia-now-allowing-citizens-to-get-covid-19-booster-shots

• Members
1 hour ago, floridarob said:

I got my 3rd Moderna while I was in Boston last week...My Dr. said they weren't authorized to give it yet, so I went to CVS and said it was my 1st shot.

What’s done is done, but why? You have natural immunity not too long ago superimposed on artificial immunity.

The idea of a formally documented prime-boost-booster regimen is emerging as a result of waning artificial immunity. I wonder if the ‘under the table’ prime dose won’t be considered de facto as a booster, leaving you in the lurch unless there is a way to integrate all you’ve done in whatever application certification is utilized. Though I suppose an unnecessary fourth dose won’t kill you … addict ;>D 

Moderna is also repurposing its RNA messenger for Delta variant of concern. 

These decision trees are getting complex.