PeterRS

FInally Bond is Back - and The Movie Gets 5 Stars

I wonder who was your best and worst Bond actor? 

I suspect George Lazenby, the former used car salesman and model who replaced the irreplaceable Sean Connery, will be at the top of most readers' lists for the worst. He had met the producer Cubby Broccoli when they were having their hair cut in the same barber shop. His co-star Diana Rigg did not enjoy working with him. "I can no longer cater for his obsession with himself." she said, adding, "He is utterly, unbelievably, bloody impossible!" Desmond Llewellyn who played Q in many Bond movies was no kinder. "How can you expect someone who's never acted before to take on a leading role?" Amazingly, although he had first been offered a contract for seven Bond movies, he did just the one. Thankfully!

Roger Moore? I totally disliked the use of silly comedy throughout many of his Bond movies. He was always too lightweight and I enjoyed none.

I actually enjoyed Timothy Dalton who started to bring back more drama and daring. Pierce Brosnan never convinced me even though many really liked his portrayal and believed he would be impossible to replace. To me he was just Pierce Brosnan being Pierce Brosnan, the actor acting a part.

Is it age that results in Connery being top of my list? Or the fact that the genre was so new and so exciting in those days? Perhaps, but he is still my top Bond. That said, Daniel Craig has grown on me and seems a better Bond for our time. I hope his swan song will consolidate his reputation in the role. 

• Members

My biggest problem with the movie was how little impact Spectre had on me and therefor how little I remembered it, considering this is a direct sequel and continues many of the characters and plots.  

Otherwise, I liked it.  There were some great action scenes, loved Paloma.